View Full Version : mssblst.vxd/ Win98

BOAC
4th Sep 2003, 18:23
Following a re-format and re-install of W98 SE, I now get a warning on boot that MSSBLST.VXD either did not load or is missing. It takes 3 clicks on 'OK' to clear the mx. I cannot see what is calling this vxd - neither the start-up files nor the registry seem to do it, and it does not show up on 'Bootlog.txt'.

There appear to be loads of people with a similar problem (via Google), but no real answers? It did not happen on the previous W98 install which ran for 2 years with few problems. Only real change is a PCI SCSI board install and an Epson SCSI flatbed scanner added, when the problems began.

Any ideas appreciated.

gas path
4th Sep 2003, 19:49
A quick goooooooogle came up with 'sound blaster' card driver take a look here, (http://computing.net/windows95/wwwboard/forum/4406.html) near the bottom, response 16.

BOAC
5th Sep 2003, 18:24
Thanks to both of you - I had already followed that line, but since I was not aware of a 'Blaster' board in my machine had not done anything. However, following your valued 'second opinions' I 'removed' an entry in the system under 'sound' for 'Soundblasterpro or compatible' and lo! - problem gone away. Thanks again.