PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest aircraft hire in Adelaide

Cpt. Lance Murdoch
4th Sep 2003, 14:37
Hi there,

Does anybody know of what the cheapest aircraft available for hire in Adelaide are. Need to be NVFR. Cheers.

Charlie Foxtrot India
5th Sep 2003, 08:49
Try the yellow pages.

gary gearbox
5th Sep 2003, 13:56
Murray Bridge has some good rates and some ok machines. Especially the 210 HWY if you can get your hands on it. I also hired a tb10 form bae systems a few years back for $160/hr from memory. Not a bad price for a newish and well equiped acft.

GG

Natit
8th Sep 2003, 13:26
Couldn't agree more with Forsyth Aviation!

Great bunch of blokes - very friendly and cheap aircraft too (well they were when I was there last) Dave's one of the nicest CFI's around and knows his s*** also!

I believe they have 2xC172's, 1xPA28-180, 1xPA28-140 (the all yellow machine VH-RRO :ok: ) 1xP28R, 1xAA5, 1xC72R, 1xC152. Dave also has a Pitts for doing aeros in but that's only Dual hire.

Someone else may be able to say whether they have any new additions. Hope this helps.

gary gearbox
9th Sep 2003, 11:25
Very true, murray bridge does have it's "idiosyncrasies", but if you fly the plane ok they are pretty happy to let you rent it. And it sure is a nice machine to play with. Their other aircraft were pretty decent also.

BTW driving from Adelaide to Aldiga will take the same time as Adelaide to Murray Bridge so if you discount YMBD due distance then YADG is guess is out of the question to.

Blue skies,

GG

turtle
10th Sep 2003, 13:53
Hey Gary

Aldinga is 42 Ks south of Adelaide, YMBD is over double that distance. What route do you take (via Victor)?

Cpt !! As mentioned go to Forskins or Aldinga.

gary gearbox
15th Sep 2003, 13:35
turtle

A lesser distance, say half, wont always take half the time. Traffic density and speed may affect you. Is turtle the speed at which you drive when going along main south road at morphett vale because the expressway is running in the opposite direction, or is it the speed at which you travel between adelaide and the begginging of the expressway?

No such Problems when traveling on the south eastern freeway as the start of it is ten minutes drive from the CBD and it runs both directions.

BTW you will have to tell me the route from adelaide to aldinga which is only 42kms. As the crow flies it is 39km's so you must have some good short cuts!

Take it easy mate.GG.