PDA

View Full Version : Overland Airways

Rani
4th Sep 2003, 10:02
Wasn't this airline supposed to launch in late August? Does anyone have information further to the below? Updates are appreciated!

Bola Adefope AAN (Lagos)
July 22, 2003

New entrant into the Nigeria Air Travel Industry, Overland Airways and Travel Centre has concluded plans to launch its inaugural flight operations by the end of August, 2003 with four Beech 1900D aircraft fitted for luxury commuter service.

Licensed as schedule airline since 1999, Overland will start national coverage from the Southwest linking Ibadan, Benin, Akure, Ilorin, Warri to Lagos and Abuja.

Briefing newsmen about the airline, weekend in Lagos, the chairman of Overland Airways and Travel Centre, Captain Edward Boyo disclosed that the airline would be venturing into inland Nigeria to bring relief to business travelers, redevelop the culture of air travel in the locations as well as contribute to economic development of the area.

According to him, Overland has secured financing through the United state EXIM Bank as its International bank and capital Bank International Bank as its local bank.

Boyo hinted that the four Beech 1900D aircraft would be delivered directly to Overland by the manufacturer, Raytheon Aircraft Company of U.S.A., with state of the art technology.

Overland Airways which is a sister company of Handover Aviation, holds the IATA two letter code OJ and ICAO three-letter code and is a full member of SITA.

Captain Boyo hinted that his airline had landed property worth $15 million in the United States with access to more funding from corporate bodies.

He added that the airline would be offering three flights a day with global reservation system (E-ticketing).

He however, added that Overland has taken a holistic approach to air transportation delivery for being an air carrier and air travel-facilitator offering scheduled flights within Nigeria, Leisure/Holiday flight services within and outside Nigeria, international ticket sales for all major airlines, Charter flights and foreign exchange services.

Dotun
6th Sep 2003, 17:16
We are all still waiting to see the aircrafts, a friend working for them showed me a picture of the aircraft lying in an hanger somewhere in the States.
:confused:

B Sousa
6th Sep 2003, 19:26
Dotun
If you get to see that picture again. post an N Number and we can take a look at things from this side (states). The operation has the word Nigeria in it, go figure.

tally
7th Sep 2003, 09:29
Mr Sousa,
Are you trying to tell us that Mr Joseph Grandmaison, Exec Dir US exim Bank And Mr Donald Schenk of Airline Capital Associates are involved in a shady deal regarding Overland?
As you do know, these men came out to announce that their organizations are financing the deal for Overland.
Or do you think Capt Boyo the promoter, who organized the recently held Aviation & Allied Business leadership conference in johannesburg which had in attendance reps from CIT aerospace, Lufthansa Consulting etc, is a fraud?
You tell us what makes you think this outfit is a fluke, since in your infinite wisdom, Nigeria is a ****hole.

bluesafrica
7th Sep 2003, 19:44
Tally!

Just trust me; anything involving Nigeria and Nigerians may have a big surprise built in it!

This is not to say that this operation is not a genuine, just to be aware that those folks are real artist in all kind of deals!

Spent years there believing them......

Blues

:}

flyer75
7th Sep 2003, 21:26
HI Guys,

Any inputs on the chances for me (French and swedish) citizen to find a job in Nigeria?
I have a JAA and FAA ATPL ,2600TT,2400 in Metroliners and Be1900s,1000 hours being single pilot time.
I also have a 737-3/900 that was given to me by the CAA recently for being such a nice person living in England and not making a god damn problem of their **** weather.

Tailwinds

Dotun
12th Sep 2003, 00:38
Hello Guys,
Overland Airways got the planes into Nigeria last night. I saw one of them after my flight today. Heard the crew are already in SA for sim.
:cool:
Regards
Dotun

Rani
12th Sep 2003, 00:41
Dotum,

Are the aircraft in Lagos presently? Do you mind me asking for which airline you work and the routes you fly?

Thanks,

Rani