PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation of Receipt of Application?

Scuzi
3rd Sep 2003, 06:46
Just a quick question.

I sent my ATCO application form off to NATS on 19th August and have not received comfirmation of receipt of the form. Do NATS usually send confirmation of receipt and if so how long does it usually take?

Many thanks in advance. :)

dannyo
3rd Sep 2003, 18:07
If I remember rightly, when I got the "pack" with the application form in it there was a card for me to put my address and a stamp on that they sent back as receipt of my form. Did you not have one?

They have just relocated the HR dept. of NATS to Swanwick and things are understandably a little on the hectic side as you would imagine.

Bear with it Scuzi - I'm sure you'll hear something soon! And if you don't, you could always ring them and ask. If the crowd in Swanwick are anything like the London crowd were, they're a really nice bunch and can't do enough to help!!

Good luck!

:O

sr562
17th Sep 2003, 03:09
I sent my application in on august, and got a reply telling me that due to the restructuring, the tests will be held later in the year than usual.

I also received my receipt of application on the same day as said letter.

heinzmanm
17th Sep 2003, 04:32
I sent my application on 26th July and the first I heard was this morning via a letter in the post telling me that I had passed the initial selection criteria and will be invited to do the selection tests in November/December.

Matthew

Scuzi
17th Sep 2003, 05:58
I too received my letter today. I have met the initial selection criteria and have been invited to the tests in November/December, with a date yet to be confirmed.

I have been told that around 10% of the applicants pass the selection, is this true?

Fingers crossed! :ok:

heinzmanm
17th Sep 2003, 22:36
Not sure on the pass rate but I know that I'll be swotting up on stuff from now until the tests!!

dannyo
17th Sep 2003, 22:50
Firstly - well done all! That's one bit down, 2 to go before knowing whether you've got on the course (excluding medical that is)

The good thing (if that's what you can call it) about the selection tests for NATS is that there are no fixed numbers who can pass. This means that you are only in competition with the tests and yourself. If 100 people pass the first set of tests, then its 100 people that go on to the next phase.

So don't worry about what everyone else is doing, worry about getting yourself as prepared as possible. Do the example questions in the info they have sent or will send to you. then have a good look around on the internet to find similar sorts of tests, there are plenty around. Its all about training your mind to work in a certain way and there's lots you can do to achieve this.

Read the book they have sent or will send you. I think it was called "Intro to ATC" or some such. There is a test that asks questions based on it in the intial phase. Don't worry about the second phase yet, there'll be plenty of time to prepare for that.

Once again, well done - may see you around sometime :ok:

PS forgot to mention, brush up on your distance, speed, time calculations. There are quite a few I seem to remember.

Oh, one more thing, stay on PPrune - there's a lot of really useful folk around these parts!!