PDA

View Full Version : VS Recruiting @ LHR

Leezyjet
3rd Sep 2003, 05:12
VS are recruting for "Turnround Co-ordinators" @ LHR.

Basically, just a posh name for a Dispatcher.

Offering £21500 basic + £2500 shift pay after 6 months.

Closing date is 12 Sept.

Details on their website.

:)

FEBA
3rd Sep 2003, 16:48
How do they expect you to live around LHR on that sort of money?
FEBA

Who'stheDaddy
3rd Sep 2003, 20:21
I dislike Virg. (Branson ughhhh!)

But thats the best money you'll get at lhr for being a Dispatcher.

Am not saying its great but,

Handling agents at LHR mainly pay up to £20k all in. Atleast its a bit more and your shift pay is on top. Also you don't have to deal with some of the s**t that comes into Heathrow (PIA, Sudan, AI, - s**t planes, U/S holds, tech delays).you probrably don't run your arse off too much.

Plus Girlies in red uniforms!!!(and free flights)

Plus its an easy job, loadsheets done by GHi, NOTOC by VS cargo, AAA done by VS baggage.

Think I'll apply!

WTD

AlphaCharlie
3rd Sep 2003, 21:52
Ok so feel free to call me thick ... I am probably just going blind, but I've just looked on the recruitment section of the virgin atlantic website and can't see this dispatch job on there!!

Can you give me the web address, or post a link on here!

FEBA
3rd Sep 2003, 23:53
Ummm M25, high commuting costs and sod all pay. What an enticing package.
FEBA

SAIIP
4th Sep 2003, 08:44
AC,

the ads was out on the skyport last week. here is the number 0870 444 7057 ref: SGR/C00 002.

Good luck.

Leezyjet
4th Sep 2003, 22:26
FEBA,

It is possible to live around LHR on that money. Just depends on what sort of standard of living you have, but it's possible to rent a nice houce and have a nice car with it. Just can't afford to buy around here though, but thats the same for everyone not just airline staff.

Alphacharlie,

According to the advert, the website is

<http://www.virgin.com/atlanticjobs>

Who'stheDaddy,

So I guess you work for aviance then @ LHR ?. My missus works for them too @ LHR.

:)

Dispatcher
5th Sep 2003, 22:31
You have a nice car then Leezyjet ?????................

Fly_146
6th Sep 2003, 04:10
so....... F E B A

Just what do you think is a suitable package for a dispatcher in the area?

What are you doing and how much are you earning? :mad:

FEBA
9th Sep 2003, 04:43
Fly146
It's not a question of what I think. Having lived in the area all my life I doubt whether you could buy a house on that sort of money, within commutable distance, and have some quality of life. Do you disagree with this? Are you advocating a lower salary?
FEBA

Jinkster
9th Sep 2003, 05:42
Didnt think it was that expensive to live in The ROYAL county of Berkshire!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Fly_146
11th Sep 2003, 02:32
FEBA
It probably isnt possible to live close to LHR in your own house on that kind of money. I guess either renting a room or commuting are the only options. I personally would not apply because of that.

However, not everyone will wish to stay as dispatcher for their entire career in aviation. I understand some re-fuellers earn a lot more.

FEBA
12th Sep 2003, 04:39
Fly146
I appreciate that everyone has to start somewhere and one of the best places to start is LHR and a big long haul glam airline like VS. It's just a pity that VS are too tight to reward the enthusiasm.
Good luck with your career, I hope it's all upwards for you.
FEBA