PDA

View Full Version : US border security

AOG-YYZ
2nd Sep 2003, 04:33
We (my family & I) crossed the US/Canada boarder at Sarnia, Ontario/Port Huron, Michigan yesterday August 31. Following is a transcript of the converstaion at both the US and Canadian entry points.

US Customs Agent: = USA

Canada Customs Agent: =CCA

USA: What nationality are you?

My answer: Canadian

USA: All four of you?

My answer: Yes

USA: What is the purpose of your visit?

My answer: Shopping

USA: OK, have a good day

Returning to Canada about 4 hours later the following exchange, between Canada Customs and myself, took place.

CCA: Were do you live?

My answer: Brampton, Ontario

CCA: How long have you been out of the country?

My answer: About four hours

CCA: Did you purchase or receive any gifts while in the US?

My answer: Yes, about $200.00 Canadian worth

CCA: OK, drive carefully and enjoy the rest of the holiday. (It is the Labour Day weekend here in NA).

We could have slipped Osama into the US and brought Saddam back with us. This would not have happened if we had been entering the US at Pearson Airport (YYZ). The last time I entered the US at Pearson I was subject to almost a strip search and a secondary at both US Emigration and US Agriculture. I almost missed my flight. I guess I,m not on the border profile but I am definitely profiled at the airport.

FLYMATE
2nd Sep 2003, 15:28
Shows why Sept 11th happenned. American arrogance that terrorism is only for those Arabs and Europeans.

chiglet
2nd Sep 2003, 17:39
Didn't know that September had 31 days:rolleyes:
we aim to please, it keeps the cleaners happy

Frankfurt_Cowboy
2nd Sep 2003, 19:04
I'd have thought that with AOG-YYZ's obvious time travelling abilities he'd not have needed to speak to any of the customs bods at either side. You don't know who won the 3.20 at Market Rasen next wednesday do you?

AOG-YYZ
3rd Sep 2003, 23:07
"3:20 at Market Rasen"

I didn't know that the English still had this quaint practice of starting travel schedules, television programs and sporting events at the oddest of times. i.e. 10:07pm, 3.23pm, 5:09pm, 9:17am, well you get my meaning. I wonder why the rest of us can round out to the nearest whole, like 15, 30, 45, etc? But seriously, thanks for pointing out my "obvious"? errors.

Frankfurt_Cowboy
4th Sep 2003, 04:01
It's so the inveterate gambles amongst us don't have to wait a full 15 minutes for the next chance to back a loser.