PDA

View Full Version : Plane spotters.

bugdevheli
2nd Sep 2003, 04:01
Could someone enlighten me as to what plane spotters do with all the data they collect in those little books

DBChopper
2nd Sep 2003, 04:22
I can give one answer...

They watch it all blow away when you lift into the hover when they sit too close to and downwind of the parked helicopters at last year's Aerofair. Along with their anoraks, sandwiches, camera bags... and themselves. And that was only with an R22 - where's a Seaking when you need one?

Happy days... :E

(they were all over forty too, which is a tad saaaaaad)

sprocket
2nd Sep 2003, 04:29
Try ... HERE (http://www.airliners.net) for starters.

Some of the piccies that didnt blow away.

:hmm:

Vfrpilotpb
2nd Sep 2003, 17:29
What a silly question, when I was a youngster all of my pals used to collect Steam Locos numbers, in a big book called a combine year book, we were kings if we managed to "Cab" a loco ,

What ho, glorious days gone, when Freddie Truman was king of the hitters and Donald Wilson the wizard of spin, now for some reason it seems our PM is the king of spin! and all the big hitters are w**kers in the city!!!:yuk:

Flytest
2nd Sep 2003, 21:20
I'd like to know what all you spotters did, when you wrote down a number of a plane at a military airshow that I had tampered with, using black / white sticky tape!! Hope I caused you several minutes of annoying confusion when referencing the tail numbers!!
:p