PDA

View Full Version : Despatcher with fATPL

two speed prop 3
2nd Sep 2003, 00:34
I am currently working as a Flight despatcher but the company I work for handles airlines in financial difficulties. Does anyone know of people being taken on for flightcrew positions by working within Ops. If so for which companies?

I missed the Easy deadline so I will have to wait until next time but any others please.

Any advice gratefully received.

TSP3:ok: :ok:

ghost-rider
2nd Sep 2003, 02:37
Try EZY again. Should be some ops vacancies coming up soon, though not sure about despatch.

They have accepted suitably qualified ops guys for flightdeck training in the past. No reason why despatchers should be different.

If you need contact details, send me a PM.

Good luck.

justforfun
6th Sep 2003, 07:35
See previous posts...

If you WANT to work in Ops - great!, but if you're looking for a "back door" into a flying job, It aint the best way... Ops is Ops, and thats it really - sure there are people have got flying thru Ops, but its not what "Ops" people are looking for - our job is already undermined by crap salaries, no regulation, daft hours. and christ knows what else!
Good luck to you, but we take our job as seriously as you take yours (flying)... many have tried with the City & Guilds, Glasgow Nautical college course, but at the end of the day, IF, big IF, the CAA will formalise matters, they'll follow a tried and tested system - like the FAA, and the only people that'll do/pay for that are those that are serious about a career in Ops - having an ATPL doesn't give anyone the knowledge to work in Ops...

Sorry, but this is close to my heart - too many good Ops bods getting passed over just because someones got an ATPL!!!

Thats the way it goes... I'll take commited people everytime, not the ATPL guy..........

Good luck regardless!

JFF

hopefull
12th Sep 2003, 04:50
ghost-rider,

Ok, but what about someone who worked in Ops and Crewing for 6 years (because they enjoyed it), has now got an ATPL and would gladly get back into Ops whilst looking for a flying job, which, lets face it, can take months if not years to find?

Not everyone out there is trying for a back door way in!Understand what you are trying to say though.

ghost-rider
13th Sep 2003, 17:05
hopefull,

So what's your point exactly ? All I said was send a PM and that EZY used to take ops bods for flight-deck training etc :confused:

I never mentioned anything about a back-door !! ( that's normally the cabin-crew entry method !! ;) )

Was your post possibly aimed at justforfun ?

two speed prop 3
14th Sep 2003, 06:02
ghost-rider,

Thankyou very much for your help.

Just For Fun,

I am sorry if you are not happy with your entire industry but I am afraid that's not my problem. Yes I do have an ATPL and yes I do want to get a job flying and yes I will try every approach possible. But I am not looking for charity. If I cannot use my ATPL to fly then I wan't to do a job which utilises some of the knowledge gained.

I currently work as a despatcher and I am surrounded by people with no interest in aircraft or aviation in general. As such, many of them have no desire to learn extra skills and most would be unable to complete a manual loadsheet if our systems went down. I am not trying to knock my colleagues work ethic, but my point is that I live and breathe flying, and if I am lucky enough to gain employment within an Ops dept I will put 110% into my work and take as much from the experience as possible. I am not going to sit on my arse and wait for the Flt Ops Dir. to give me a gig at the sharp end.

I can understand your views but you don't know me so please don't judge me.

Cheers

TSP3:ok: :ok: :ok:

clearfortheoption
15th Sep 2003, 02:54
Hi guys,

I work for EZY (4 years) in the cabin ,I have a fATPL and I have been given no chance untill I get turboprop or jet time since they are not taking on people without line experience.

M.A,