PDA

View Full Version : YMPC under the pump AGAIN

OZBUSDRIVER
1st Sep 2003, 20:15
Anyone catch the article in the Herald this week? I wonder if it will come to pass this time. I, for one, am very worried for the future of Point Cook. Considering the non-commitance of the State(Vic and Fed) over preservation of an acknowledged heritage site , much the same as the willingness to dispose of some prime land on the other side of the bay. I fear the end is very near this time.

YMPC should be considered as a heritage site in toto. It is a shame that our military heritage can be short changed so easily. The place is a living museum, once it is carved up that will be the end of it. I suppose my flying experience is still limited for the ML area. But it seems to me that if PC goes it will put a serious dent in any GFPT training out of EN. Not to mention the considerable dent to RMIT. The article points to the fact that only one runway will be preserved and the southern apron would be sold off. probably along with 17-35 to appease the new gentry up the road. Would this still be enough?

Is there anything the community can do short of buying the place outright to keep it open and away from the developers.

Mark Jones