PDA

View Full Version : No more priority

paddopat
1st Sep 2003, 14:33
A big part of the John and Martha King roadshow was their stories of US flying, with no RPT priorities!!!

They think we should pressure Aust for the same. The only priorities, 1. Emergency 2. 'Little' Johhnie. 3. First come first served.

No more waiting for big jets on the ILS :D

Great idea I reckon.

Now lets wait for the yelping of the RPT drivers :E

Pat

brianh
1st Sep 2003, 16:28
Paddo
I am bemused - I find us in agreement and write to support you.

It amazes me that the RPT guys think DTI is a safety feature coming and going from airfields and, apart from the GAAPs where one takes one's life in one's hands at times (remember the former 3 runways at YMMB) I have not had any problems at busy CTAF. Most of the MBZ I've been to could double as sleepy hollows except at RPT time.

On Fed Airshows in Qld in 2001 there were 70 odd aircraft arriving at out of the way places in about 30 minute windows and good radio plus see and be seen and correct circuit procedures meant no hassles.

Roll on the NAS but I agree that screams and sabotage are likely!
Cheers
Brian H

snarek
1st Sep 2003, 16:38
Brian and Pat

I'm not sure it is part of NAS, and to assume so is probably going to give ammunition to the Nay-sayers (read AFAP).

However it is true J&M King did say they found our priority system to be silly. I agree. I shall take it up at the Board meeting in a few days.

AK

karrank
2nd Sep 2003, 07:55
Agree mostly, why do you think PM deserves anything in particular. GovGen maybe, but stuff the PM.

Another Thread about this (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=100747)

snarek
2nd Sep 2003, 08:53
I think he will think he deserves more, but perhaps he should go live in the taxpayer funded house in canberra insterad of wasting health and education dollors ferrying his imminence around!!!

Eeek, you got me going karrank!!!! (I hate the little **************).

Thats the US system though, if we are gonna have NAS we should have the whole box and dice. (I suppose)

AK