PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: AOPA VP has applied for the CASA top job.

C182 Drover
1st Sep 2003, 09:21
There is a rumour out around the traps that the AOPA Vice President (Mr Gaunt) has applied for the CASA “Mick Tollers” top job. It is probably only a RUMOUR though…………

Gaunty you maybe able to confirm if this is true. It is probably just a vindictive rumour, that we hear on the Aviation grape vine everyday.

Blue Sky Baron
1st Sep 2003, 11:16
Now that would surely be great news for GA in Australia. :ok:

Someone who actually knows what he is talking about. :)

Anyone care to confirm or deny??? ;)

axiom
1st Sep 2003, 11:55
Confirm or deny what?

That he knows what he is talking about?

slice
1st Sep 2003, 13:18
I wonder what the flying defamation artist from the west would think of that? (aka the triple idiot for those that remember here on Pprune).

This **** is still bitching and sniping away from another BB (www.agacf.org) trying to do what from the outside what he didn't achieve when inside.

paddopat
1st Sep 2003, 13:34
Oh well.

The AGAF forum started well. Had some lively and reasoned debate. Then our WA 'mate' and his friend who stormed out of the AOPA AGM got involved.

Oh well, AGAF was good while it lasted.

Pat

Torres
1st Sep 2003, 13:56
I tried to register at the AGAF site but gave up after five or six attempts over the past few weeks all failed.

Anyone know what an "Aimoo ID * (max 20)" is?

Was also surprised one can't browse the AGAF forum without registering ....

paddopat
1st Sep 2003, 14:05
Torres

Don't worry about it, it should be renamed 'dum and dummer' anyways

;)

Pat

axiom
1st Sep 2003, 15:01
Torres;

Site has been down for the last 24 hours or so with a server problem, but weeks seems like you are not placing your information in the right box or something. I think the moderator will not cop anything but the real McCoy in ID's and that's what makes AGACF so refreshing.

No multiple personalities and you are held liable for what you say and do, not the forum.

When I want to go off and not be known I use Pprune.

Even Mrs G does that to protect her little boy.

Paddy's;

AGACF is an entity, like people who put their names up for scrutiny, and not hide behind nom deplumes when attacking someone or something. As such you are as responsible for your actions when attacking AGACF.

You mistake axiom's posts in the pre AOPA election debate as what they were posted for;

Fair electoral debate.

You'se (plural), diatribe is becoming oafish, and more so than those that you profess to be attacking. The election is over, a new one hasn't been called at this stage, and the stuff that ejaculates from your gob is not worthy of your obvious mediocrocy.

Wait until the next election and we'll lock horns again. (and no, ask woomeras what posts come from what computer. I am me and nobody else).

What was the post again, GG for Director of aviation safety?

Great tactics these, bring the rellies out of the cupboard to ridicule the postees, change the topic and hope new topics send it to page 3 as soon as possible.

I heard it will be Gemmell, anyone else got something sensible to add?

paddopat
1st Sep 2003, 15:13
Axiom

Your syntax is as fractured as your personality.

Banane drivel eminating from the bredth (but not it seems the length) of this great brown land.

From the Eastern Seaboard to the central plains and far beyong to the land of the Wild Tuckey, it still sounds like bullsh!t to me.

Apologies to the Tenterfield Saddler :)

Pat

axiom
1st Sep 2003, 15:30
Taking the sh*t out of John and Martha King not enough for you. Your investigation of my literacy is flawed as is your attempt at changing this subject.

Why don't you let go of the puppet and say what's really on your mind.

Gemmel was the last sensible thing I heard on this post, has anyone got anything sensible to say or is D&G a house of cards with one person pretending to be 10,000?

Struth !

brianh
1st Sep 2003, 16:41
Paddo
I have just agreed with you on a separate thread, now to disagree on this one.

I do not think it fair to denigrate all agaf posters based on your or others dislike of one or two posters. I may yet post on agaf and the only proof that I meet your "dum and dummer" category is that I respond to your posts (grin).

Anyway, as far as the rumour about GG goes, let me state quite categorically that I would totally support his nomination. Those who have followed several threads in which I raised concern at duality of responsibility would recognise that CASA would certainly not allow any duality, much less a tri-split personality -and that would certainly resolve the matter forever.

Plus the fact CASA have enuf legal action on their plate now without someone's running partner adding a whole new dimension by threatening everyone who criticises CASA if GG was elected.
Cheers
Brian H

paddopat
1st Sep 2003, 18:35
Brian H

I gave credit where due. AGAF started off well and was a credit to it's initiator. Unfortunately it became the ranting ground of a couple of iiidiots and now suffers being as irrelavent as those inane ravings. I honestly hope the moderator can fix this.

As for axiom's (yet again) paranoid response to my post on priority. Can you see where I was 'having a go' at the Kings?? I was agreeing, strongly.

Me thinks an axiom flew over the cuckoo's nest! :}

Pat

Dogimed
1st Sep 2003, 19:57
Pat,

Don't worry about it, it should be renamed 'dum and dummer' anyways

Careful or you might get sued for defamation!

What has that sentence got to do with the rumour about gaunt going to CASA anyway?

Dog

Disco Stu
2nd Sep 2003, 19:16
I've got to ask.

So What!

He's allowed to,

As is anybody.

No big deal

Not my cup of tea, but then I'm not applying.

Disco Stu:ok:

AOPA_members
29th Sep 2003, 07:30
I have noticed this rumour has not been denied or dispelled ……. :E

Dan Kelly
29th Sep 2003, 11:28
nor confirmed! :}

the wizard of auz
29th Sep 2003, 14:56
Nor much cared about.

Woomera
29th Sep 2003, 18:36
or actually anybody elses business.

I guess we'll all find out sooner or later who is going to be the man and I sincerely hope that that he gets a fair go before the usual wolf pack tries to drag him down.

This one too. "click."