PDA

View Full Version : Jetstream 41

juba
30th Aug 2003, 23:44
Hi all

Any jetstream 41 pilots out there? I am off to PanAm for my intial type on the BAE 41 and would love to hear any info on this plane as I have only seen it in a picture!
Cheers
Juba

WRC
31st Aug 2003, 11:01
I flew it for around 4 years. I transitioned to it off the Dash 8.
Although the flt. deck was smaller and it did not handle nearly as well, I did enjoy it.
The EFIS package and (comparitive) high performance made it like a little sports car (vs a mini-van).
In spite of it's small size, it should be treated with a bit of respect as it doesn't suffer fools nearly as well as the Dash-8 or ATR-42 (which I went to next).

teedub
1st Sep 2003, 08:14
Jubba
I flew the j41 for three years at tsa out of jfk........best thing you need to know for the sim is 8 5 8........this pertains to the required pitch attitude during a single engine proceedure.....namely 8 degrees of pitch for the initial engine failure to climb at V2+10........5 degrees of pitch to accomplish flaps up (else you will loose a/speed as the j41 sim is bouncy with flap 9 changes)..then back to 8 degrees of pitch to proceed with the climb out (clean)at Vyse.........obviously your sim inst will tell you how its done but if you remember 8 5 8 during that particularly stressful moment it will help greatly.......speed strip takes awhile to get used to but once you're on it its so easy......also when selecting flaps 9 give two fwd shots of trim and you wont feel a bump.........floor the rudder on V1 cuts and remember to turn off the crossfeed at faf/glideslope intercept on se approaches.................she's a beaut of a bird once you've got it under your belt but is a lot cleaner than a dash..........have fun

teedub

juba
2nd Sep 2003, 02:21
teedub & WRC

Heh thanks for the advice - just got the manuals so good to hear some feedback! 8 5 8 I'll remember that - the more I can jam into my head before I go the better - anything that helps when things are hectic is very much appreciated.

SO cheers teedub for all that - back to good old turbo props and having to floor the rudder at V1!

thanks
juba:ok:

V1 Rotate
7th Sep 2003, 08:02
If in doubt. Drink a pint of Guiness !!

:cool: :cool: :cool:
V1 Rotate

juba
8th Sep 2003, 01:13
Only ONE!!! No chance - yeah 'I got that cut in my forehead from walking into the bathroom' - good one! Stick to the castle beers!Cheers

V1 Rotate
23rd Sep 2003, 02:35
Juba - Give me a ring
V1

teedub
25th Sep 2003, 11:59
hey juba how'd you make out with the 41 sim?
nice little bird isn't she!!

do tell