PDA

View Full Version : STANSTEAD AUG 25th

DavidLucas2002
30th Aug 2003, 19:33
On the way home AUG 25th, Cyprus Airways A320.

The pilot decide to taxi past the marshal guiding him into his stand and park in the one next to it, every one on the ground looked very confused and the marshal guy didn’t look atoll impressed, the air bridge guy closed his shutter and came to the one next door and opened it and then closed it and went back to the other door. The pilot came over the speakers and said Please Remain Seated until We Get Our Final Parking Space. He then got pushed out and pulled into the correct space. Why this could have been? Did ATC give the pilot a different parking space than the marshal and ramp crew had? Or did the pilot miss understand atc.

Carn't remember the flight number sorry.

Paphos - Stanstead Dep 10:30 ARI about 1:30 - 2

glider insider
31st Aug 2003, 05:46
i dont suppose that whilst watching the easyjet plane on your outbound, or changing stand on the inbound, that you managed to look at your ticket / boarding card and notice that you were flying in and out of STANSTED and not STANSTEAD

moku
31st Aug 2003, 06:43
There is always one isn't there!

Alas looking at your spelling you are hardly one to comment!

Dont? Should it not be don't! :O

FastJet Wannabe
31st Aug 2003, 20:41
DavidLucas2002,

A slightly dramatic version of the actual events I think!

I was there on Monday and saw what happened. The CY 320 pulled half onto stand A12L and stopped.

For whatever reason he was supposed to park on stand A13L. Having only half pulled onto the stand he was able to simply turn around and taxi back to A13L.

There was no marshal. There was no tug. The 'air bridge guy' is the dispatcher.

It happens more often than you would think. Last week I saw this happen three times in the Alpha cul-de-sac (CY 320, AEU 737 and NE 737).

It's a bit of a non-event, and could be the result of a misunderstanding between pilot and ATC, or simply pilot error. Last minute stand changes happen frequently for a variety of reasons.

FJW.

DavidLucas2002
31st Aug 2003, 23:14
glider insidr im 15 yers of age n du u rely fink i care if i speld the name of a airport rong y du u have 2 b a smt ass and coment on it du u fink peepool r goinng 2 look at u as if ur 2 sum sort of gods gft, wow u cn speld the name of an airport rite, will dun m8.

Now that would be some thing to make a fuss about, come on how sad are you if you are making a fuss about one letter, if this was an English exam yes fair enough but not a forum on aviation, I have one thing to say to you, Get a life my friend. To prove to you my English isn't that bad...

... Glider insider, I'm 15 years of age and do you really think I care if I spelt the name of an airport wrong?, why do you have to be a smart arse and comment on it?. Do you think people are going to look at you as if you are some sort of god’s gift?, wow you can spell the name of an airport right, well done mate.

FastJet Wannabe, being inside the a.c I didnt relise how far he had taxied into the gate, and I didn't relise that he turned him self, my mistake sorry, the marshal i'm talking about a signal marshal who guides the a.c in he was standing in A13L and the a/c taxied past him. The dispatch officer who i called the air bridge person done what I said I did closed the shutters on 13L and came to 13R then went back to 13L. Thanks for the infomation :)

David

Final 3 Greens
1st Sep 2003, 03:04
David

Keep asking your questions. You're not the only one to mispell Stansted, look at some of the road signs in the area ;)

At your age, I would have loved to be able to access PPrune to find out more about a subject that fascinated me and you are very welcome here.

DavidLucas2002
1st Sep 2003, 03:53
Thank you for you support, and you will be surprised just how many people my age are coming to this site, thanks again.