PDA

View Full Version : Nice airfield beatup at Carlisle

witchdoctor
30th Aug 2003, 18:21
Just want to say thanks to the 3-ship formation of GR4's that beat up (sorry, transited the zone:} ) at Carlisle yesterday. 'Cheetah' callsign and 4 Sqn I think. Pretty impressive, especially the break over the control tower.

But who had the smokey old heap at No.2 (or 3)? Looked more like an F-4 coming form a distance. :ok:

FJJP
30th Aug 2003, 18:42
Well done WD - the Feds will probably look into that; they would be the only Cheetah callsign airborne that day in that area, so the pilots will no doubt enjoy the consequences of your post.

NigelOnDraft
30th Aug 2003, 23:02
And in that 4 Sqn has GR7s, altogether a really useful post!

NoD

Vere de fakawee
31st Aug 2003, 05:53
FJJP,

Does that mean that they may have been (allegedly) naughty boys then?

Grimweasel
31st Aug 2003, 05:57
Unless a complaint is raised and sent to AIS then there is no reason for alarm.

Angry Lizard
31st Aug 2003, 08:35
I tried a one word reply and was told to expand it to a minimum of 15 letters, so there we go.

Original reply :

Goober

SASless
31st Aug 2003, 10:34
Ah....flying the friendly skies of Blighty!

Training Risky
1st Sep 2003, 00:18
If I were a GR4 mate reading this, I wouldn't care about being dobbed into the Fun Police, I would be more livid at being confused with a milk-drinking mirror-admiring member of Happy 4!:}

witchdoctor
1st Sep 2003, 19:03
Hello again all,

Oops, yes, wrong sqn completely. Sorry chaps, how ungrateful can a bloke be.:O (didn't have me big Ladybird book of sqn markings at the time - says 2 Sqn here).

Now, if any GR7's from 4Sqn would like to show us how they do it.....................?

Dunno why FJJP (JP fast?!?!?!......hmmm) is so upset - it had me and half the airport grinning from ear to ear and hopefully the 3 crews too. Totally legal and proper. Again daddy, again!:ok:

BEagle
2nd Sep 2003, 04:02
Thought you probably were 'half the airport' at Crosby-on-Eden Intergalactic Spaceport....