PDA

View Full Version : Air HongKong

on the glide
30th Aug 2003, 06:54
Any body can give info about Air HK ?,next recruitment.

Thanking you in advanced.

o_g:D

Traffic
3rd Sep 2003, 22:04
Rip van Winkle

Air HK is now no longer. All CX.

Liam Gallagher
4th Sep 2003, 05:16
err....not so Traffic.....

No idea on recruiting, but understand they are receiving 6 new aircraft (A300F's??) 2nd half 2004- early 2005, with options for 4 more. I would guess recruiting shall be comensurate with that.

Traffic
4th Sep 2003, 15:55
Liam

Apologies.

I was trying to tidy up my comment and inadvertently deleted it thus, I suspect, also deleting your further comments.

AirHK AOC but don't know about separate recruitment, in spite of, or perhaps because of the sightings you mentioned.

Interesting to see how the training section handles all this with 100 or so going out the door each year for the next few years.

Liam Gallagher
5th Sep 2003, 09:16
Traffic,

No probs, I deleted my post because it was in reply to yours and didn't make sense "free-standing".

I understand Air HK crewing/recruitment shall be totally separate from CX. Jungle drums say the first tranche of trainers are in Toulouse now and are a mix of one or two guys guys currently on the CX list, and some CX retirees and some former trainers from other airlines (SQ etc). It would seem they will be recruiting onto Asian bases, other than HK (except the management), on a hub and spoke roster. I have no idea as to salary and benefits but we all know there is "no money in freight"..............

I don't really see how it will place additional strain on the current training resources but nonetheless it will provide...more interesting times.......