PDA

View Full Version : federal air

gphillips134
30th Aug 2003, 05:44
has anyone heard of this training group and what are they like?

V1 Rotate
30th Aug 2003, 09:27
The Feds are a great bunch of people. They specialize in contract work around the world.
Never knew they trained, must be knew, but if they do they will be good.
V1 :ok:

30th Aug 2003, 15:55
I have also only heard good things. Was under the impression that they did contract work and charters only...?? Unless they're doing training with the Vans and PC12s.

Skaz
31st Aug 2003, 03:08
Ive heard the fired all their pilots and now only using freelance crews?

George Tower
31st Aug 2003, 06:30
Interesting to see this thread and hoping it develops.....does any one know what volume of work they do out of FACT?

Skaz
31st Aug 2003, 23:19
dont think its too much, if they fired all crew (incl Chief Pilot?) and only using freelance pilots.

Cave Troll
4th Sep 2003, 23:51
I am not too sure about firing all the drivers. I did work for them a few years back and I do know that they are still doing some contracts stuff but I have no idea where or with what. There HQ is in Durban and there they do charter and yes they have opened up a flight school. As far as i know they do abinitio as well as more advanced training. If you need a C208 or Be20 rating that is the place to go. You may get it cheaper else where but I know some of the guys there and they are a good bunch.

I hope this answers some of your questions.

ct

Skaz
5th Sep 2003, 07:31
'sfar as I know the firing took place in Cpt?
dunno 'bout Durbs

Sir Cumference
5th Sep 2003, 15:50
Great Bunch of guys! Having a tough time like the rest of the aviation industry. They train guys out of Durban, not too sure of the FACT operation, but you can rest assured that the service will be professional. They run contracts for mainly Caravan type aircraft in and around South Africa and to a lesser extent recently, in Africa.

Had a major setback a few years back when the driving force behind the operation was killed in a two-holer Spitfire prang at Goodwood in England. The current management has picked up the reigns and is doing a good job though.:ok: