PDA

View Full Version : more money to get job???

otta here
29th Aug 2003, 08:52
Is the Pilot.StaffCV fee worth it?

slice
29th Aug 2003, 12:38
Probably not. Personally have been on it for 2 years and nada. Word on the grapevine from a lot of companies is that this is the last place that they look for crew.

Sheep Guts
29th Aug 2003, 21:46
Ive been on it for 3years now. I personally think its a cheap avenue for companies to prevent their offices being inundated with thousands of Resumes and Cover Letters looking for employment. BLOODY SAD REALLY!

Also we all know that if you get a reply from a company from this site its an automated reply. Hah Im still on it and will update but really its sux big time.................:( :rolleyes: :{ :uhoh:

If anyone from recruiting in Airlines that uses this site care to elaborate on what use the site is please enlighten us all?

voodooman
30th Aug 2003, 06:40
I think if you just use StaffCv then you are just one of thousands waiting to be noticed. I have made numerous phone calls to companies sent many personal letters and found as many people as I can to recommend me. At last it is finally paying off, I have a VB interview shortly and have been asked to update to Sunstate through StaffCV. It took me over two years to get my first hit on StaffCv, so just keep plugging in those updates and get yourself noticed.

Hugh Jarse
30th Aug 2003, 17:32
Slice, if you're not interseted in working for Virgin, Jetconnect, REX, Sunstate, Eastern, Skippers or O'connor in Oz then you're probably right, it is a waste of time and money. Can't speak for anyone from the above list except Eastern. We have hired at least the last 50 pilots and interviewed exclusively for the last couple of years via staffcv.

I guess if you ask any of those 50 or so blokes Otta, they'd probably say it was worth the expenditure.

Otta, if you want to work for any of the companies listed above you WILL need to apply via staffcv. Sheepguts' sentiments are probably echoed by most people using staffcv that have previously used more traditional means (and I agree). Unfortunately it is a sign of the times.

Remember your first application is free.

If you don't aspire to work for anyone in the above list, save your money.