PDA

View Full Version : Stanstead July 21st

DavidLucas2002
28th Aug 2003, 03:34
wile waiting at ldn stanstead to dep to Paphos Cyprus on July 21st I saw this an easyjet plane not on fire but 4 fire engines baa officals etc (see photo, link below)

Any one have any infomation as I dont know what happend thanks.

http://www.apvs03.dsl.pipex.com/DCP_1890.JPG

G-IGOL

Departures Beckham
30th Aug 2003, 04:05
I remember this hapening but can't remember what actually happened. All I can remember was that the Airfield Fire Service stood the AGI at either 22 or 42 minutes past the hour (not quite sure why I remember that - perhaps I don't as I may be wrong). I don't recall any passenger evacuation so presume the aircraft was empty due to a long turnaround. Your picture does show a set of engineers steps at the rear of the aircraft, so perhaps it was something to do with the APU (purely speculation).

All incidents such as this are attended by all, that's why you get AFS, rangers, police, airport paramedic etc.

I know that this doesn't answer your question, but does fill in a little.

DavidLucas2002
30th Aug 2003, 19:30
Your right, no pax were taken off it was just there on a turnaround, I carn't recall any visiable smoke coming out the aircraft, but it sure added a bit of excitement to my 4.5 hour jounrey. Thank you.

amanoffewwords
1st Sep 2003, 04:05
nice pic too, but me thinks Easyjet wouldn't be too pleased to see their logo as easyjet.con :)

DavidLucas2002
1st Sep 2003, 05:04
Thank you, lol haha Easy Jet . CON lol