PDA

View Full Version : Flying in Peru !!

flaretoland
27th Aug 2003, 09:54
Does anyone know how one can convert a Canadian or US Commercial and Multi-IFR to the Peruvian license ?

How much does it cost ?

WHat kind of flying opportunities are there in Lima ? Can someone with 300 hrs. and a M-IFR/Commercial get a job ?

Thanks

Any advice would help !

GlueBall
28th Aug 2003, 11:13
As a foreigner, in order to be employed by a Peruvian airplane operator as a pilot, besides speaking fluent Spanish, you would have to be sponsored by the employer. For example, if you're an instructor pilot on a specific type airplane that a company wishes to introduce, then you could get a work contract. I've spent a great many layovers at LIM, (and still do) and I've been into IQT and into CUZ, yet I've never seen or heard of a gringo pilot flying for a local outfit. Many of the former Aero Peru, Faucett and Aeronaves pilots are still out of a flying job, or are displaced from their home country, flying under contract in foreign lands. Some got jobs with Cielos, Aerocontinente or Lan Peru. But it's mostly a military flying club as most pilots are ex military. Overall, the country is also suffering from high unemployment.

flaretoland
30th Aug 2003, 02:48
GlueBall,

Thanks for the info. Any small air taxi companies you know of in Lima or elsewhere in Peru ?

Any other forums for latin america besides pprune ? I do speak spanish so thats a non-issue.

Thanks.

GlueBall
30th Aug 2003, 07:34
Servicio de Transporte Aereo Turistico (http://www.aerocondor.com.pe)