PDA

View Full Version : Restructure at BFS

LucyLockett
27th Aug 2003, 03:56
Will Servisair BFS ever be the same again? - A combined experience of 80 years aviation/management experience put on the block not to mention the years of sterling service amongst the troops. All 4 managers served their redundancy plus 30 full-time positions are to go.
Is this the beginning of the end for an institution in aviation at BFS.
Have the big guys lost their bottle?

Lucy

Tower Ranger
27th Aug 2003, 18:57
After the end of the summer charters Servisair will only have one schedule per day to handle and that is an Eastern Jetstream so it does`nt look to promising.

LGS6753
28th Aug 2003, 04:20
Servisair was screwed by an ex-CEO who later moved to LTN and decided to pick a fight with the major customer.
If ever you encounter him, polish up the CV.

N28000
29th Aug 2003, 20:36
I was in Belfast a few years ago and get a great service from the guys in Servisair there, it's a shame that things are not going there way at the minute but I'm sure they will bounce back. I sure wish them all the best.

OldWiseOne
30th Aug 2003, 08:50
I worked for Servisair for eighteen years and knew Ronnie McClune and Co quite well so it is sad to hear of them going. I'd be interested to hear who the "ex-CEO" was that went to LTN - if you don't want to name names I'd probably be able to work it with just a few clues???

OldWiseOne
30th Aug 2003, 09:54
I worked for Servisair for eighteen years and knew Ronnie McClune and Co quite well so it is sad to hear of them going. I'd be interested to hear who the "ex-CEO" was that went to LTN - if you don't want to name names I'd probably be able to work it with just a few clues???

tallseabird
30th Aug 2003, 22:41
I would bet his first name is Clive

OldWiseOne
31st Aug 2003, 07:16
I know where you are coming from but I've been told it's not Clive. Don't think he ever made it to CEO anyway.

tallseabird
31st Aug 2003, 16:59
I agree about the CEO, but the bit about LTN and picking a fight with a customer has a ring of truth

I forgot to ask - in your 18 years in Servisair did you ever wear shorts to work?

OldWiseOne
1st Sep 2003, 11:16
Geez that shorts thing got around. I think I was about the only one game to wear shorts (and with my legs that's saying something) except for some of the females but being Aussie shorts are second nature. Not only shorts but on one occasion it was deck shoes & no socks as well. You'd think it was heresy from the reaction, rather than being comfortable at work. You obviously know who I am tallseabird but you've got me with a tag like that. Email me privately if you wish.

TS Hauler
1st Sep 2003, 16:32
I think the guy - CEO at Servisair - was the same chap who was at the Liverpool Train Company - Merseyrail who was then appointed by Barclays to Luton. He left Luton when TBI took over with a Barclaysized Golden Goodbye of nearly £2m (that's right two million!) for 10 months work.

Now that's what I call a salary - very Beckhamesque - I can't wait for his book " How I played poker with Stelios".

Sorry to hear about Servisair at BFS though. Ronnie and the team did a great job for me when I used to fly there.

TSH