PDA

View Full Version : Air Nelson

Two Cocks
26th Aug 2003, 09:10
Heard through the rumour network that Air Nelson are thinking of running a groundcourse soon?

Any truth to it?

Sqwark2000
26th Aug 2003, 12:50
Could well be,

Have it on good authority that 12 people have been or being rung for interviews this very day!

Also from that good authority, it appears that 500 multi is their absolute minimum for selection.

Good luck chaps/chapettes

S2K

Two Cocks
27th Aug 2003, 08:06
Gentlement

Seems to be interviews for 10 people next week spread over three days. Groundcourse for two weeks starting 15 September?

Aparently those who were called up will have start dates by the end of the year at the latest.

Mainly due to the end of the contract pilots from the previous years and the starting of Napier Base.

Good luck to them:ok:

Colonel Blink
27th Aug 2003, 12:13
Don't think so - found a link somewhere that said to look at Air NZ's site for info (*****t if I can find anything about them there!)

CT7
27th Aug 2003, 12:38
Sorry chaps, no website.
What info are you looking for?
Most can be found in the back of one of Air NZ's in-flight mag.

I wouldn't say end of the contract pilots, just that they are all being re-hired/trained. Still on contract no-doubt.....

Topper H
27th Aug 2003, 19:39
Well bot time air NS fired up again and S2K you as usual you are right on the money and in record time too! bit of a shame that the MM has gone to eagle mind you probably more his scene, based in some one horse town getting paid about the same as the doll riding "shotgun" with cpt's that are as abot as exicting as a poke in the eye (cos all the good one's have split to CX ect ect ) and a fleet cpt who's a theif mind you I hear that all night benders can be all good just rember a few simple rulz 1. getting a DIC/Crashing car on the way to work is bad 2. have a spit in the cockpit is a shure give away (have heared that blaming it on food poisoning has worked) 3. watch who your wingman/WOMAN is not just simply going to tell on you :cool:

the maori mobster
28th Aug 2003, 09:52
da boy is back

did you bros phink i had forgit.... forged.... misplaced you guys since the big move.

maybe i did and maybe i didn't - eagle that is.

working with the ex boss of maori television has it up's and downs. down at the moment with no job. the corporate pilot for maori television did have it's perks.......she was quite a babe if i might add....

air nelson should be ringing soon by smoke signals cos i lost the cellphone with the job...

see ya boys.......

Split Flap
28th Aug 2003, 11:16
Topper H

Damm that's harsh. But True.

max rate
28th Aug 2003, 11:50
:yuk: And if he could spell and use grammar correctly you could even understand what it is he is trying to say.:8

CT7
28th Aug 2003, 13:18
Just remember that Topper H's comments were NOT aimed at Air Nelson....

max rate
28th Aug 2003, 17:56
No of course not, the Air Nelson guys prefer to kick up their heels at the airport Centra. :rolleyes:

CT7
28th Aug 2003, 19:04
Those in glass houses......

max rate
29th Aug 2003, 02:55
:cool: I don't work for Eagle, Just illustrating a point.............

CT7
29th Aug 2003, 03:06
Does that point need to be illustrated...?
Try looking at the positive rather than the negative.

max rate
29th Aug 2003, 03:34
CT7
Your attitude appears to be that provided no Sh*t is being slung at your little airline thats fine. That idiot a few posts ago was having a go at Eagle indicating that Air Nelson is squeaky clean............It's not. And quite frankly if I was ever to go back, I would fly at Eagle any day before even considering Air Nelson, your attitude is indicative of a lot of your colleagues.:yuk:
That said, good luck to the guys I hope Air Nelson takes a big load on.:ok:

CT7
29th Aug 2003, 15:20
If you go back further (like the start), you will see that the post title is Air Nelson, hence the clarification; as those not in the know might get the two confused. (Topper H's post muddied the waters a bit...)
I didn't see anything stating that NSN was squeaky clean & I doubt if ANY airline is. I'm also not saying you're incorrect.
I'd guess that there are people all over this forum that would be thinking "there but for the grace of God...." etc, etc.

Each has their good & bad points (like any job!) and I'm sure if Nsn enlisted you b4 Eagle did, you might have thought differently. I'm not bad mouthing Eagle and never have. I still know many in & from there in all sorts of airlines.

My attitude (or intention), as you put it, (& I didn't know you knew most of the 130+/- pilots in Air Nelson) was to gently get the post back to the positives of employment with Air Nelson and possibly help (in a limited way as I don't work for them) anyone asking for it.

So as you can guess, I saw no relevance in the bad aspects.....
Those in the know, know. Those not, will most likely find out, probably at a Bar....BQ :O :ok:

Oh, and Air Nelson is the second largest Airline in NZ. (dom) :p

BCF Breath
30th Aug 2003, 10:34
Well!
That shut the door didn't it!! Quite nicely put!

CT7
1st Sep 2003, 18:21
Ta!

Two more F/O's into Air NZ in October......
One more F/O into Freedom.....

Three more F/O's required.......

nike
2nd Sep 2003, 05:35
Didn't they buy their way in?

Colonel Blink
2nd Sep 2003, 06:31
What's the going rate Nike (for a buying your way in)? Is it financial, bottle of Scotch or being related to one of the directors - please tell!

splatgothebugs
2nd Sep 2003, 07:09
Boys and girls of pprune, don't you think we should all be happy that the airlines in this country are starting to hire again instead of bitching about whos better than who.

After all beggars can't be chooses:O :ok:

splat.

ps. does anybody know how much more hire Air NZ are going to do this year (how many more regional lads are they going to eat up) ;)

CT7
2nd Sep 2003, 12:21
Nike Nike Nike....
How do you buy your way in??? And don't even think about mentioning buying type ratings......for Air NZ.

No. One was selected back a few months ago and was waiting for the start date.
The other was interviewed and selected in the last batch, along with another to Freedom. (that's 3)
They are looking at interviewing in OCT, but who knows.

Just update everywhere....

greasemonkeypilot
2nd Sep 2003, 13:15
Just suppose you were having an air nelson interview this week what would be the best way of getting through it. I've had advise ranging from "just be yourself" to "Shut-up and listen, speak only when spoken to" to "you have to sell yourself". What types of tech questions are they likely to hit you with...???
Some friendly advise would be appreciated.

CT7
2nd Sep 2003, 13:47
Just guessing here. Possibly anything about what you are currently flying.

Just do your best. It's all anyone can really do.

Good luck!!

stillalbatross
4th Sep 2003, 06:22
Are those fortunate enough to become amongst the lowest paid A320/B737 pilots in the western world having to pay for their type rating too?

CT7
6th Sep 2003, 15:22
So, did anyone get in???

stillalbatross
7th Sep 2003, 07:57
That is sad. Anywhere else in the world and applicants wouldn't put up with that mickey mouse bul l****. Is Air Nelson still putting people on 6 month contracts but 12 month bonds, so they can biff you but you can't biff them. And stopping people from doing their ATPL flight tests so they can't easily work elsewhere. Pathetic.

Thump & Go
7th Sep 2003, 09:09
Has anyone ever had to pay for a type rating with Air NZ?
Freedom - yes you still pay,Air NZ - no you still don't pay.
No,long-winged sea bird,I think you will find temp contracts were only ever used to avoid problems when the metros phased out.

Holding on a little tight albatross?If you don't like the conditions Air Nelson/Air NZ/Freedom offer,you could always - not apply/get out (delete that which is not applicable)

Good luck to those who had interviews,when do you guys find out?

CT7
7th Sep 2003, 10:37
I didn't ever hear of people not being allowed to do ATPLs.
In fact, last I heard from those in the know, was that with the Metro replacement, they (company) were trying to get as many as possible through their ATPLs on the Metro b4 it went. Obviously check phase dependent.

And I think the Legal Eagles would have a bit to say if you were on a 6 month contract and left and then were required to pay a bond. I'm sure it doesn't work that way.

Sqwark2000
7th Sep 2003, 14:37
CT7,

A :D letter was recieved by a good friend and all round good guy on Saturday.

Apparantly 17 interviewees for 12 positions.

And I have heard of AirNSN F/O's getting ATPL endorsed via the annual MEL sim trip. And quite recently as well. I believe it is Eagle that put a halt to F/O's doing ATPL checks when not required.

S2K

BTW CT7, I'm on the move myself, down the road as discussed.

:ok:

CT7
7th Sep 2003, 17:19
S2K, I heard the jungle drums saying you'd do anything to get out of midnight feeds!! But Air Ambo..... that's a bit drastic.....

Nelson will happily do an ATPL in the Sim in Melb. but I think after 15 mths on type for new chaps(chapetts). However it still saves the $$$$.

There goes that Eagle / Nelson mix-up again....

stillalbatross
8th Sep 2003, 07:33
Thats good to know CT7, most people have slaved their way through GA so it's the least Air Nelson can do for them. They weren't offering it a few years back and I thought maybe they should offer pay and conditions that made people want to stay. You're out of change about 20 grand for flight test and additional pisssing about if you have to go via the w ankers at the dept.

Only in NZ. :(

Thump and Go, yes and yes. My point is that they screw a lot of good people around and for the pool of experience they have to draw from, from people who primarily don't want to leave NZ, they don't know how lucky they are.

If, as was the case a little while ago, you had to join Air NZ via Freedom and you had to buy a type rating to join Freedom then isn't that buying your way in?

splatgothebugs
8th Sep 2003, 15:19
Thump.

You will be pleased to know that one of the original crew got in, I'll send you a pm so you know for sure.

It's good to see that those of us who have been shafted by a certain boss for years are finally getting out.

Good on ya BB about bloody time :ok:

CT7
8th Sep 2003, 17:58
Stillalbatross,

I think you may have been a bit misled old bean!
Nelson have always done ATPLs for their pilots. Whether in the Metro or SAAB. You had requirements to be eligable etc. etc. but Air Nelson have always been good in that area.

Their salaries aren't top dollar so you won't get rich, but you'd expect that in NZ. (although some of the pilots do have nice cars and enjoy the AKL (night)life-style....) Some parts of the contract are quite good and the envy of Eagle, though....

And I've never heard that you HAD to go through Freedom to get to Air NZ.
There is a tie-up where those in Freedom can come across to AirNZ (& vice versa..) but I wouldn't call it (& it isn't) HAVING to go through FR. (that was a strong rumour a while back).