PDA

View Full Version : Air Rage at SNN

ncusack
26th Aug 2003, 02:55
This is from the Irish news. When will they dish out a real punishment? Suspended sentence and 500 Euro fine.......WOW :{ :{

Woman in court over air rage incident

August 25, 2003

(18:28) A 31-year-old American woman has received a five-month suspended sentence and a fine of €500 following an air rage incident on board a flight into Shannon this morning.

Claribel Delgado of Brooms Street, New York, was a passenger on board a continental flight that landed at Shannon this morning.

About two hours before landing, Ennis District Court was told that Miss Delgado suddenly became extremely violent and aggressive.

Flight attendants told the court how she was kicking the seat and swearing at them. She threw a glass of water at one flight attendant and punched another in the shoulder as they tried to deal with her.

The court heard how she eventually had to be restrained with foot restraints and how her behaviour was very upsetting for other passengers, many who had to move to other seats away from her.

In her defence, the court heard Miss Delgado was terrified of flying and had about seven glasses of wine, three before the flight and four on board.

She pleaded guilty to assault and engaging in offensive behaviour but she remembered little of the incident and was now mortified and apologised to the crew in court.

Onan the Clumsy
26th Aug 2003, 04:01
I wonder then if you could say you were afraid...of driving?

ncusack
26th Aug 2003, 04:19
If the boss comes into my office tomorrow with some work, I think I might beat the ever loving :mad: out of him...........I will then claim I am afraid of work!!!!:ok:

PaperTiger
26th Aug 2003, 09:43
three before the flight and four on board

Another :mad: own goal.

Tom the Tenor
26th Aug 2003, 17:08
Yes, it look likes it is approaching the time when the selling and consumption of booze on aircraft to be outlawed has all but arrived. Saw the news report on the event on local TV last night and it was clear that the perpetrator was mortified about her behaviour. A lady with not huge physical stature you could see how so much wine would affect her and that coupled with her fear of flying was an incident waiting to erupt.