PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire

Captain Airclues
25th Aug 2003, 22:04
My wife and I are planning to visit New Hampshire to see the Fall colors. However, I'm having trouble getting leave. Could somebody tell me what is the latest that we can visit to see the trees at their best?

Airclues

FWA NATCA
26th Aug 2003, 08:26
Airclues,

Color Tour times change from year to year due to amount of rain, tempatures, etc. Try this web site, it should have the information that you are looking for.

http://www.visitnh.gov/foliagereports.html

Mike R

Captain Airclues
27th Aug 2003, 19:09
FWA NATCA

Many Thanks. Just what I wanted.

Airclues

604guy
30th Aug 2003, 01:46
Airclues

Stayed in a very nice Inn last November in NH. www.woodstockinnnh.com

Neuby
10th Sep 2003, 01:33
Another wonderful hotel is The Mount Washington Hotel.

http://www.mtwashington.com

filejw
11th Sep 2003, 22:21
The Peak colors start about now in the far north of New England and move south week by week ending in mid to late October. :D

flyer75
17th Sep 2003, 20:55
Hi guys!

Anyone would know of an airline that may sponsor pilots?or to get one flying in exchange of lodging and food??
I have a FAA and JAA ATPL with 2600TT and 2400 on multi turbineover 5t7.

Cheers

teedub
18th Sep 2003, 06:49
Is that what we've come to!!!!....an atp pilot with thousands of hours looking for lodging and food!!!!....how about looking for an airline that will pay a living wage, some benefits and allows a modicum of a normal life......The industry is full of folks who'll go lower and lower to stay in the air.....not that I find fault least I be judged but come on guy you've got an atp and some quality time, so you say, shoot a little higher and we'll all benefit.....ok I feel better now...thank you

flyer75
18th Sep 2003, 19:43
Hi there,

I dearly enjoyed your heart felt response and it kind of made me smile...but sad reality its true...I have sent over 220 resumes in all continents from europe to Africa to Middle east--estonia... and still no positive answers...just the usual "thank you for your interest in our airline but not looking for pilot" even for F/o postion on metro and 1900s which i used to fly single pilot..

I believe the "will fly for food" is back on business for the time being...
I can not wait the day when Airlines will be so short of crews theyll have to come and knock at our doors begging to take you on...

Any inputs from "hungry" people are welcome....

Tailwinds..

Flyer75

hoss
15th Oct 2003, 18:54
G'day fella's,

I was just visiting your forum and noticed this post. I have just had 2 weeks in New England mainly in New Hampshire and thought it to be a 'real beauty' (or 'beaudy' as we say in Oz).:ok:

Captain Airclues I hope you get there for 'Fall'.

You Americans have such an interesting country, I'm hooked:)

Safe flying, hoss:)