PDA

View Full Version : Is there a place for Engineering Grads in Avionics ???

Hatchet Harry
25th Aug 2003, 15:12
To anyone in the know......

I'm Pilot with a background in the Electrical industry and am looking at doing an Engineering degree in the Electrical/Electronics field. My question to the masses is regarding the opportunities, if any in the development field of Avionics, Aerospace navigation etc....

Does anyone know if such opportunities exist and if so can you offer any information ?????

I am particularly interested in keeping my Career orientated to the Aviation industry.... I just find the technical side of things more stimulating than flying the damn things for a living :eek:
After 2000 hrs I just want to fly for fun:D :D :D

Thanks in advance :ok:

wrenchbender
26th Aug 2003, 03:46
Try doing a search on the aviation job web sites, you'll find there is a HUGE demand for electrical/electronic engineers in the aviation industry. Try contacting someone at Airbus and Boeing, I'm sure they'll confirm this.

ICT_SLB
28th Aug 2003, 12:05
Rather than airframe manufacturers - who do employ a lot of EEs but are not exactly falling over themselves to hire anyone at this time - I'd suggest looking at the actual Avionics manufacturers themselves. Do a search on Rockwell-Collins, Honeywell, Thales or Garmin - they probably have fairly large support organizations in Oz as well.