PDA

View Full Version : Notams, anybody?

StevieTerrier
25th Aug 2003, 06:01
I went to the Elvington Air Show today, and whilst queuing to get in on the A64 (2.5hrs to travel 6 miles) I missed the Red Arrows, who opened the show.

I would have been annoyed, especially having to pay £24 to get me and her in, but then I found out that the Arrows display lasted only a couple of minutes before they bugged out. Why? Apparantly some joker hadn't read todays Notams, and decided it was a nice day to take his plank for a spin around the Elvington area...

"Dont worry", said the happy commentator, "the Arrows will be back again tomorrow to open the show again". Very helpful for me. Not. I hope YOU boys all read your Notams religiously????

Spinningtop
25th Aug 2003, 18:11
I too went to Elvington on the 24th, managed to get there early (about 10 ish) and so by the time the red arrows were supposed to show I was ready to see some action!! All was well and they completed on fly pass, then a Microlight popped up from beind the trees some 1.5nm from the NE boundary, he was cleared only for another person to incur about 4 miles south of the airfield, then when the display was supposed to start again someone flew overhead the airfield at around 2500ft, and that was that. Very disapointing.

3 icursions in total.

Better luck next year, but should it be luck?

Helibelly
26th Aug 2003, 16:37
You can teach monkeys to fly; sadly getting them to read is rather more difficult!!!!