PDA

View Full Version : Anyone buying into Virgin Blue ?

clakajak
23rd Aug 2003, 08:59
With VB expected to float with an initial public offering (IPO) in the fourth quarter of this year, I am interested in canvassing the intentions of PPRUNE readers.

How many plan on jumping on board and for what sort of $$ investment. Anyone with market knowledge care to speculate on initial share price and/or limit on share no's per purchaser (I'm sure there's a correct term for that.....)?

Just curious, 'coz as an employee I have a lot of faith in their future performance and intend to invest to some extent, but my faith is tempered somewhat by the volitile nature of the industry given recent, obvious events.

My other half is with Flight Centre, and I can't help drawing comparison with their float in the mid 90's and their subsequent meteoric rise since (making many peoples' fortunes along the way). The structure, methodology, and business principles of both appear similar.

(Am about to start a 4 dayer, so if I can't fit the laptop, will check replies on my return....) :)

spider&fly
23rd Aug 2003, 09:38
Is Origin and VB going to form an alliance???:confused:

MoFo
23rd Aug 2003, 10:26
What would pilots know about investment?

clakajak
24th Aug 2003, 21:28
I guess not.........

(perhaps too personal a question?)

claka

Ash767
25th Aug 2003, 22:37
What is the IPO price per share going to be? Does anyone know who is going to underwrite the IPO?

Ash767:)

ur2
26th Aug 2003, 07:30
Buying into an airline. You have got to be kidding. Mind you pilots are very astute investors.
mmmm QF talking of starting a new airline to go head to head with VB. Will they get anyone at all to buy in at any price ?

The_Cutest_of_Borg
26th Aug 2003, 08:13
I read a book on share trading recently where the authors first rule was,"Never hold shares in an airline."

Interestingly Warren Buffett is of the same opinion.

Therefore, as a pilot, I'll be taking as many as I can GET!!!

dghob
26th Aug 2003, 14:59
What about playing it safe and buying into Corrigan's lot? If VB do take off after the float you'd think there'd be some flow on to a current 50% partner.

dghob

Bluebottle
26th Aug 2003, 16:45
Don't forget, if QF's low cost operation comes to pass there may not be a float at all as it would certainly affect VB's growth plans; and should the float happen the insto's aren't going to be very interested with only a small % of the company available to them.