PDA

View Full Version : David Blaine under H4!

headsethair
22nd Aug 2003, 18:26
For those of us who use H4 through London - a spectacle to amuse you for 6 weeks: (I quote from The Guardian)

" TV magician David Blaine is to spend six weeks living in a plastic box by the Thames, with one tube feeding him water and another taking out waste.

Blaine's 44 day trial by starvation and solitary confinement, suspended from a crane in a clear plexiglass box, is to be streamed live by Sky One on its interactive digital satellite TV service and on the Channel 4 website.

The Blaine special, Above the Below, is to be made by Harmony Korine, who directed the controversial teens-behaving-badly film, Gummo, and scripted Larry Clark's Kids, which covered similar territory.

Sky One will also show live coverage of Blaine entering his plexiglass prison at Potter's Field Park, near London's Tower Bridge, from 8pm on Friday September 5 and his planned exit at 9pm on Sunday October 19."

The location lies between Tower Bridge and City Hall on the south bank. I see some great charters in this!

MBJ
23rd Aug 2003, 02:24
Life is definitely too short for this! It doesn't take a magician to sit in a box for 6 weeks - it takes a magician to get OUT of the bloody thing.

I wonder how high it'll be?