PDA

View Full Version : Sick Ex PM

SOPS
22nd Aug 2003, 04:48
I read with a sad note that a certain ex PM of Australia is sick. These pages (of which I am in much respect) prohibit me if saying bad comments. So I just want to wish the certain person a speedy recovery, as speedy as a lot of people that he was "overseeing" in 1989 had. And as speedy as some have continued to this day. Only some lucky PMs, get to have harbour views, and only some PMs get to take any view from others, but this is a PM that had compassion....When others were out of work in other countries, he welcomed them in. He even payed them a lot of money, but told the rest of the world he was not (to ensure no unrest in is country). He saw wrong and it was righted (by using the airforce), and saw trouble and fixed it (with the help from a lot of mates) Yes a great leader and statesman.......I wonder what his maker will judge of him when they meet? But as he is such a great and worthy person, upon whom the world heaps praise, I am sure that the day he does meet his maker should be a huge party...

Casper
22nd Aug 2003, 05:56
He is my shepherd
I shall not want.
He delivereth me from unemployment
In foreign lands
And leadeth me through immigration dangers
And my licence from CAA evil.
Surely I will dwell in his house
With St Peter The Able
Forever.

Workers (QF included) rejoice!

Pole Vaulter
22nd Aug 2003, 07:31
One thing this and a previous and now closed thread shows the rest of the aviation world is that there are some very ill people flying unsuspecting passengers around still. I wont say get over it as you have shown you cant do that but please increase the Prozac to contain yourselves. Sad sad people.

Al E. Vator
22nd Aug 2003, 09:17
Bollocks. This bloke shafted a great many professional pilots and allowed the industry in this country to be decimated by the riff-raff of the aviation world who were otherwise unworthy of respectable employment.

Do you then expect those people to be happy at any misfortune which then comes this gentlemans' way?

Vaulter you may prescribe doses of Prozac but for you I prescribe a dose of reality.

hoss
22nd Aug 2003, 10:21
I was still in school when this creep was PM but one thing I know for sure is that I have very little respect for him.

His day of Judgement should be interesting.

Kaptin M
22nd Aug 2003, 13:26
As a matter of interest, how old is the silly old bu99er?

elektra
22nd Aug 2003, 13:51
Not sure how old but he is very rich. So we don't have to worry whether he'll get excellent health care.

"No former Prime Minister will live in poverty"

Perhaps a sick bed is the ideal place for a little reflection and perhaps even repentance?

And for those who think that the only ill that ever beset Australian aviation was the AFAP in 1989...wake up and look around you. It was hardly even in the top 10. Compared to what we could have had....makes you want to cry.

Still, 14 years on Sunday and most of my friends are in better shape than Bob and in much better shape than Sir Peter.

I would never wish a lingering illness on anyone....but I do hope that even at this late point, his pride might wither away and some sense of decency return to allow an apology for an industry that suffered mightily under his rule.

VB_Capt
22nd Aug 2003, 14:08
electra, you sure its this month? I thought it was September. How time dulls the memoryu.

TheNightOwl
22nd Aug 2003, 14:20
elektra - thank the Lord for a decent and civilised post, unlike some of the others. :ok:

oicur12
22nd Aug 2003, 15:21
The PM. The Scabs. The Press. The airlines.

Everyone else fault.

Are any 89ers grown up enough to accept at least some responsibility in the mess of 89.

Just a little bit.

Dexter
22nd Aug 2003, 16:17
a lingering illness. nah no bodys hopping for that.

Al E. Vator
22nd Aug 2003, 16:25
Who said anything about it being "Everyone else fault"? How could you derive that from the previous posts? Unusual grasp of reality once again.

Of course 89ers were participants and partly responsible for the situation they got themselves into, nobody would deny that. However there is something absolutely disgusting about a Prime Minister purporting to be from a pro-union background taking such a hardline stance against a union (for reasons other than national interest - more like self-interest). The precedent he assisted in creating whereby a union official could be personally liable for actions carried out by the union should cause this 'gentleman' to hang his head in shame.

For the likes of Vaulter and oicur - if you were participants in the Prime Monsters plan to undermine your colleagues then you too should hang your heads in shame. Your rhetoric whereby you label your colleagues as 'Ill' because they detest you for your role in this tawdry affair is simply a smokescreen for reality.

Certain people from the head of the country to the 'lowliest' worker do things purely out of self-interest.

It is indeed unfortunate that any human being suffers during illness but it is only human nature for those whose lives he destroyed to feel no sorrow.

Unwell_Raptor
22nd Aug 2003, 18:25
As a Pom who has never been south of the equator, I have nothing to say about the Oz airline industry - but I can say that this is one of the downright nastiest threads I have ever read on Prune.:yuk:

bush mechanics
22nd Aug 2003, 19:52
Wasnt the australian public held to ransome due to the strike?I was working for a charter company when this went down.We laughed the day a astec taxied up with problems and the pilot was a 737 capt who was all for the strike.He let us all know how the strike had to happen.He was then asked what the hell he was doing flying the australian public all over the place for.Was he any diffrent from the soo called scabs?
Some good comes from theses things,We got a nice shinny Conquest!!I think It was mainly driven by Greed!!!
Can some one who was there tell us the amount of actual flying they did back then compared too now.

Mr. Hat
22nd Aug 2003, 20:32
Unwell Raptor - I know little about 89 in comparison to these chaps.

What I do know is that this thread is about as tame as you get RE 89.

That is the industry here my friend.

People here hate eachother with a passion. They almost hate eachother more than they love flying. And its all the way from the GA bugsmashers to the Big Gun 74's.

Its a way of life. Thats life.:sad:

Desert Digger
23rd Aug 2003, 02:31
God forgive him.

I won't!

Casper
23rd Aug 2003, 04:50
Not many Australians back away from a blue. This person's actions, however, were most UNaustralian and he will be remembered simply as a greedy person who helped "mates" of dubious backgrounds.

The newspaper and media boss (RM - NOT Reg !) best summed him up during the silver bodgie's "academic" years in the UK:

"A simple man who wanted only the youngest.....and the most...... and SO easy to control."

The actual quote is factual and from a respected journal but I do not wish to test Woomera's patience further by including it here - he has been most generous thus far.

cficare
23rd Aug 2003, 15:50
Hey HAT

Are you bent and twisted or what???

splatman
23rd Aug 2003, 16:28
I find it difficult to believe that people could "rejoice" at a fellow australian being ill. Irrespective of what he had done in his role as PM.

While not being involved in 89, I did find this mans (and others) actions repugnant and withdrew my applications from major airlines as a result, so I hold my head high as many others do I am sure.

I also understand that people may feel no sympathy for this man as a result of his actions but gentleman please have some civility and humanity otherwise it may well be you who needs to hang your head in shame.

Kaptin M
23rd Aug 2003, 16:57
Irvin Shrewsbury Cobb 1876–1944 wrote, "I've just learned about his illness. Let's hope it's nothing trivial."

Thank goodness nobody has had the indecency to post anything similar to that New Yoik journo!

God's speed, Bob!

p.s. I was the one to whom you gave the 2 fingers at the Brisbane Greek Cypriots Club as you left.....you know, the one holding the sign that read, "Hawke impotent in Industrial Affairs".

SeldomFixit
23rd Aug 2003, 17:27
What I really came to say was, get well soon Bob. :ok:

criticalmass
23rd Aug 2003, 17:53
I find it difficult to work up much sympathy for just about any former Australian politician, let alone this particular individual. I always found it ironic that after doing his best to destroy the nation in his former position he should be elevated to the position wehere he had to make an attempt to run the place.

Death is the great leveller and it comes to all of us. Let it come to him as, and when, it will. Australia will not be enriched, nor impoverished, by his passing. Part of it may feel relieved, however.

Personally, I will feel nothing. He is yesterday's man. Leave him to history.

B772
23rd Aug 2003, 18:10
gottem 2 dollar

In my last 12 months, i.e 88/89 I flew 416 hours and I always wanted work. The number of hours you flew depended on many factors outside the control of pilots except for seniority.

I can not comment on the current siuation.

silverforky
23rd Aug 2003, 19:13
It will be a very happy day when the ars@1e kicks the bucket

Marauder
23rd Aug 2003, 19:34
Criticalmass

Sums him up perfectly

Personally, I will feel nothing. He is yesterday's man. Leave him to history.

Amen

Mooney Driver
23rd Aug 2003, 20:54
Well what amazes me about this thread, is that no-one has questioned the very basis of it.

It's been going for two days now, and I have searched the 'net repeatedly for any information about the supposed illness of the ex PM, . . . . and, . . . . . not a single piece of supporting information!

A hoax perhaps, . . . . . . . but why?

Mr. Hat
23rd Aug 2003, 21:52
cficare

Bent? No..sort of not allowed to that thing in my job:=

I think you meant "Bitter". Yes at times I am. Come in contact with some negative people and at times it can rub off.

Twisted...? Yeah sometimes.:}

Stand by what I say though. I've never come across passionate hatred like I have in flying. The 89 debate is a classic example.

luna landing
23rd Aug 2003, 22:39
I only remember him as another one of those selfish males who reach middle age and start thinking with the little head. Traded in a nice wife who had stuck by him during what were obviously tough times and would have been looking forward to the years together, with the kids gone where they could enjoy each other's company and make up for lost time. :hmm: :*

Ralph the Bong
23rd Aug 2003, 23:54
I'm sure he'll pull thru, only the good die young.:*

MoFo
24th Aug 2003, 12:10
He's probably not that ill. He may have just
seen the caricature send up ridiculing him in the new aussie movie "the night we called it a day", and gone purple in the face.

This bloke rewrites history every time he speaks about it. I hope Hazel cleaned him out a few years back.

boofta
24th Aug 2003, 12:14
He and Rodders both failed at the flying scholarship thing at
their alma mater. Then they spent considerable time and energy
proving that flying was done by simpletons and should be reduced to truck driver levels.
They both succeeded in part, proving that failing a basic pilot
program during their Rhodes scholarships would not hold them
back.
They both exacted revenge on the general pilot community, in
their own way, but ultimately neither of them were good at
anything.
Who said intelligent people fly aeroplanes, some Rhodes
scholars can't.

Transition Layer
24th Aug 2003, 15:03
The only "sick" thing is some of you wishing his death...

Sub-Sonic MB
24th Aug 2003, 15:47
I hope he lives a long and happy life - what's left of it.

SeldomFixit
24th Aug 2003, 18:35
Wow - "edited" - "deleted" - " modified by the moderator " !!
I can only assume that Woomera was one of those Australian children that would never live in poverty and is paying off some form of debt, hypothetically mind you.

Ghost_Who_Walks
24th Aug 2003, 23:27
Could someone please post his final resting place here when he goes?

I've started filling bottles now - just in case I don't have a full bladder when I go to pay my respects!

leftfrontside
25th Aug 2003, 01:15
Well GWW I think a roster should be drawn up as you will have a lot of company.

The "land fill" will be toxic for a hell of a lot of plutonium life times that's for sure:

:} :E :E

Gnadenburg
25th Aug 2003, 05:03
Agree with the 89ers regarding Hawke. A self-serving crook.

Powerful men!

And cheers to the Minister of Army(Vietnam) Malcom Fraser. Won't have pilots pi$$ing on his grave but a lot of veterans who lost their livlihoods. Only simple plumbers etc but do understand the otherside of the political fence.

Some never recovered courtesy the chemical shower etc. No help under his Prime Ministership courtesy Veteran's Affairs.

My generation. Who will we blame?

That hairy, pinko, lesbian ........?

one ball
25th Aug 2003, 15:34
ummm.... where'd that come from, Mr. Gnadenburg???

;)

Whiskery
25th Aug 2003, 17:47
I'm with you Gnadenburg and appreciate EXACTLY where you are coming from. On a lighter side - don't forget to include we Collingwood supporters with the pinkos, lesbians etc,.

Joffa and I are having lunch together next month at Young and Jacksons, if you are interested, PM me. :ok:

As for Bob Hawke, I have never kicked a bloke when he is down and don't intend to start now.

Keep the faith:]