PDA

View Full Version : medair??

bcflyer
22nd Aug 2003, 02:31
Anyone have any info (good or bad) about medair? Pay, schedule, time requirements? I am currently laid off from a regional job in Canada and have flown both the King Air and MU-2 into some pretty short and ugly strips here so I have the kind of experience they would look for. Their website looks very professional, and the equipment looks pretty good.

Any comments would be appreciated,

Skaz
23rd Aug 2003, 07:13
they are not flying, competition is killing them, 'sfar as I know. A/c standing on the ground.

how bout you look for work in canada, and well look for work in south africa, fair isnt it?

Goffel
25th Aug 2003, 19:11
Bcflyer.

To answer your question re the company.

It is an excellent company to work for,if you can get in.

The pay is good,the working conditions are excellent and the people are great.

The aeroplanes are well maintained and very safe.

Medical people are also nice.

The CEO,Steve is a great guy and very understanding.(sometimes has a couple of screws loose,but he knows that :E )

Medical flying is a very soul rewarding type of flying.

:E

Skaz
26th Aug 2003, 00:35
bcflyer I have to apologize, I caught your post at a bad time.

have to agree with Goffel , heard the same from a guy that flew for him. Only thing was the sometimes didnt get paid on payday, but a little late? this guy was flying in Angola

As far as I know at this time though, their competition for the contract for medical flying in RSA is kicking their butt. Last I heard their a/c in Cpt was going to be pulled and put somewhere else and the rest of the fleet wasnt flying much at all.

I know that their competition is doing a lot of flights though.