PDA

View Full Version : Irish Aviation BB down?

MarkD
22nd Aug 2003, 00:32
The Irish BB seems to be down with some days now... anybody know anything?

aerfungus
22nd Aug 2003, 02:06
When they upgraded the forum at the start of the week, it was mentioned that they had some problems with hackers. Not sure if this has anything to do with it!
Hopefully it will be up and running. I was begining to think I was the only person that couldn't get the site to work!

Aerfungus

need to know
22nd Aug 2003, 03:49
Not the most exciting site really....:) :) :)

akerosid
22nd Aug 2003, 04:05
If you're not particularly interested in Irish aviation, maybe not, but it is the prime source of information, so it's a big loss when it's down.

I saw, last Sunday, that it was down for maintenance, then it went dead and I haven't heard anything about it since. Hope all is OK - much missed!

VORTIME
22nd Aug 2003, 04:42
Host's server was hacked...

kopbhoy2
22nd Aug 2003, 21:55
Pity, it's a good BB with a lot of ideas & opinions floating around (especially recently!). Hopefully it'll be back soon....

INLAK
24th Aug 2003, 03:43
Seeing as the site is down, I`ll put my post here then for all of you interested in Aer Lingus`s upcoming fleet decision. Airbus Industries own 319ACJ has been parked in the light aircraft park all weekend. A sign of a visit to WW by the sales team???!!!!????

akerosid
25th Aug 2003, 22:06
Apparently, a BBJ belonging to Boeing itself has been seen at DUB as well, so it's possible they have much the same in mind.

I see airliners.net is down as well now . . .

EI-WAT
26th Aug 2003, 03:34
the so called virus sobig is also having an effect on this as well.

akerosid
26th Aug 2003, 15:56
Sorry, my apologies, Airliners.net is alive and well (and living in Sweden!)

Hopefully the IABB will be up soon; if worse comes to worse, I suppose a back-up board (in the best aviation tradition!) could be set up? Anyone know how much it costs to set up a fairly simple bulletin board?

Irelander
26th Aug 2003, 17:22
Akerosid,

Indeed, lets hope the IABB is up and running soon.

There’s no need to ‘jury rig’ a new board. Use the BB at www.irishaviators.com

Do you not find it a tad ‘suspicious’ that the IABB seems to get hacked whenever the issue of GA representation in Irl. reaches critical mass?
The last time the board was whacked was when the IrAOPA debacle was being discussed:*

Irelander (aka HiG)

In the know1
26th Aug 2003, 17:24
Hey
sorry to burst your knowledgeable bubble but the A319CJ that was parked in EIDW near LAPB was actually bringing in a well known rock group for their gig in Slane and was no way connected to ALT or any demo.....so i guess not a sign of things to come.

AEROSKID
The BBJ that was in EIDW recently also had private passengers on board so i guess you aren't correct with your information either.;) ;)

rgds in the know1

akerosid
26th Aug 2003, 23:55
I was just wondering about that Irelander; I don't usually go to the General Aviation part of the IABB, but in terms of the air transport part, there was a lot of interesting discussion of what might happen with EI's fleet, bilaterals, etc.

One could suspect it was someone trying to stop more detailed discussion, but the most likely thing is that it's just a bunch of cyber vandals, with nothing better to do than destroy. I have to say I find it pathetic and saddening that obviously clever people could use their skills and knowledge in such a destructive way. But that's life, I guess.

piperpa38
30th Sep 2003, 09:18
:D Its back :ok:

kopbhoy2
30th Sep 2003, 23:57
And here it is

http://irishaviation.net/forums/index.php