PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Newcastle-10 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/637088-newcastle-10-a.html)

JonnyH 1st Jul 2022 17:10

G-JZBH destined for AYT returned tonight - suspected bird strike.

fl dutchman 1st Jul 2022 19:02

LHR
 
Four out of Six flights from LHR cancelled today. ( one at short notice)

Only ONE flight from NCL - LHR tomorrow.

Not Good !!


10 DME ARC 1st Jul 2022 21:31


I've been on the Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt quite a few times this year and it's always been busy.

Looks like it's a Embraer E90 in the schedule starting tomorrow, so slightly more capacity (and a more comfortable experience in my opinion) than the CRJ900 that has been working the route so far.
I have just done LH to LEJ via FRA return and yes the extra seats on the E190 must be good as the CRJ900 was full on way out and very nearly full coming back! But I must say personal preference is for the CRJ900! It really could do with going double daily, Especially when BA first choice for cutbacks is domestic!

GrahamK 2nd Jul 2022 17:34

Emirates frequency increases to 5.x weekly from today, still think the old times were better than the evening times currently used

GAXLN 2nd Jul 2022 18:30


Originally Posted by GrahamK (Post 11255134)
Emirates frequency increases to 5.x weekly from today, still think the old times were better than the evening times currently used

And a visit today from a comparatively rare 777-200LR A6-EWF. Anyone know when the last visit of this type on the DXB service was?

SWBKCB 2nd Jul 2022 18:34


Originally Posted by GAXLN (Post 11255154)
And a visit today from a comparatively rare 777-200LR A6-EWF. Anyone know when the last visit of this type on the DXB service was?

18 March. Quite a few low density a/c operating at the moment. Same every year. Hajj/Ramadan related?

highwideandugly 2nd Jul 2022 19:46

Wonder if Lufthansa will take advantage of the huge Amsterdam onward market (and chaos) and increase flights from Newcastle ?

SWBKCB 2nd Jul 2022 20:56


Originally Posted by highwideandugly (Post 11255175)
Wonder if Lufthansa will take advantage of the huge Amsterdam onward market (and chaos) and increase flights from Newcastle ?

Another E190 on tomorrows flight

BA318 2nd Jul 2022 21:36


Originally Posted by highwideandugly (Post 11255175)
Wonder if Lufthansa will take advantage of the huge Amsterdam onward market (and chaos) and increase flights from Newcastle ?

FRA also seems to be having itís fair share of trouble and LH has had to make cancellations so they are probably not in much of a position to capitalise on it.

P330 3rd Jul 2022 17:23

Iím well aware of the airport travel chaos around the UK and beyond, but up until recently, Newcastle has been spared the worst and itís largely been business as usual.

These last few days, something has changed though with 30 minute to 3 hour delays more frequent than on time departures. Even Jet2 arenít immune.

Has something changed these last few days or has their luck just run out?


SWBKCB 3rd Jul 2022 17:37


Originally Posted by P330 (Post 11255586)
Iím well aware of the airport travel chaos around the UK and beyond, but up until recently, Newcastle has been spared the worst and itís largely been business as usual.

These last few days, something has changed though with 30 minute to 3 hour delays more frequent than on time departures. Even Jet2 arenít immune.

Has something changed these last few days or has their luck just run out?

Just busy first thing, I believe and then those delays ripple on through the day.

Jamesair1 3rd Jul 2022 17:58

The ATC strike in Spain is probably not helping the situation either.

Jamesair1 6th Jul 2022 15:31

Flybe have cancelled......Belfast City to NCL for Summer 22.

N707ZS 6th Jul 2022 22:15

Was it worth even considering going against Easyjet.

RA85684 8th Jul 2022 16:05

Different airports, different markets, plenty to go round. They did compete for years anyway. I wouldn't by any stretch say that EZY had the market (or any tbh) 'wrapped up' either

While I don't expect the new Flybe to be around by 2025 and I'm sure it's a basket case. Newcastle - Belfast isn't a daft market to get into and there is enough to go round.

Jamesair1 23rd Jul 2022 16:01

It is currently taking 9 based aircraft to operate the JET 2 timetable from NCL

SWBKCB 23rd Jul 2022 16:06


Originally Posted by Jamesair1 (Post 11266459)
It is currently taking 9 based aircraft to operate the JET 2 timetable from NCL

An extra a/c arrived last week - the usual Scottish vs English school holidays switch

inOban 23rd Jul 2022 16:30

One of which presumably came from Edinburgh which has lost two, down to 4.

GBYAJ 23rd Jul 2022 20:08


Originally Posted by SWBKCB (Post 11266461)
An extra a/c arrived last week - the usual Scottish vs English school holidays switch

have Jet2 ever done this before?

while itís a good move for both Jet2 and Newcastle I know lots of people who have previously been prepared to drive to EDI from
NCL to save a significant amount of £Ďs on foreign holidays due to the non-alignment of school holidays. They just be trying to shut this market down!

Do extra aircraft go into EDi/GLA in June early July?

GrahamK 24th Jul 2022 13:29

Some Air France changes for September, flights increasing to 17 x weekly, with a 3rd flight operating early evenings on Mon, Wed and Thurs.
Night-stopper and mid morning flights operated by AF mainline, these extra flights operated by Hop!

Given the chaos in AMS, not surprised to see this.


All times are GMT. The time now is 00:28.


Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.