PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Flybe-9 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/599822-flybe-9-a.html)

canberra97 13th Oct 2017 14:53

The 195 operating SOU to AGP and FAO is a Manchester based aircraft not Southampton having flown on the morning rotation from MAN to SOU to pick up the FAO flight. On it's return to SOU from AGP it makes a late rotation back to MAN.

SOU to MAH is currently scheduled to be on the Dash 8, this has been known since the route was announced.

stewyb 13th Oct 2017 15:06

A near on 3hr flight on a Dash, best of luck with that!

simoncorbett 13th Oct 2017 15:17

Flybe Dash 8
 
Flybe.. have operated from SOU to PMI AGP etc with Dash 8's for ages

canberra97 13th Oct 2017 15:19

Flybe have used the dash on a regular basis from SOU to PMI along with ALC so it's not really surprising to see them use it from SOU to MAH.

Although personally I would prefer to see an EMB on the route as I would think most of the passengers using it would especially those TUI customers.

stewyb 13th Oct 2017 15:43

I realise these routes have been run using the Dash for some time, doesn't make it any more palatable in my opinion. Family members took a Dash to Geneva during ski season and said it was the worst flight they had ever experienced, both cramped and noisy and that was a 2hr flight, not 3!

MARKEYD 13th Oct 2017 17:20

I think next Summer 18 , the 195 aircraft is Southampton based only and does not operate to and from MAN as it has done in previous years

The first arrival from Manchester is not until 0940 well after the the 195 has departed

Partly this is possibly to help with any delays during the day with ATC and the quite often late arrival of the 195 and subsequent SOU closing times , something the Skiathos flight could well endure in the hight of the summer

mart901 13th Oct 2017 17:44


Originally Posted by stewyb (Post 9923993)
I realise these routes have been run using the Dash for some time, doesn't make it any more palatable in my opinion. Family members took a Dash to Geneva during ski season and said it was the worst flight they had ever experienced, both cramped and noisy and that was a 2hr flight, not 3!

In comparison to which airline?

stewyb 13th Oct 2017 17:49

EasyJet for a start, thankfully they have now landed at SOU on this route

mart901 13th Oct 2017 18:25

EZY have less seat pitch on all their aircraft than BE's Q400's

Reversethrustset 13th Oct 2017 19:10

Just give up, mart901, you'll never appease stewyb. I also don't know where this notion has come from that the dash will take 3 hrs to go to MAH when the flight time to PMI is about 2hrs 15m but there we have it.

stewyb 13th Oct 2017 19:27

Think your timer must have packed up, that flight time you will just about get on a E95, must be closer to 3hrs on a Dash but I will bow to your superior knowledge 😜

Reversethrustset 13th Oct 2017 19:35

Funny, I just checked the company system, the last flight to PMI from SOU had a BLOCK time of 2hrs 31m, so it's not my knowledge that's superior (well it is superior because I've flown the DH8D & EJET for a number of years) as I'm just conveying facts, remember that's block time, airborne time will be at least 15 minutes shorter than that :)

darren1 13th Oct 2017 20:41


Originally Posted by stewyb (Post 9924237)
Think your timer must have packed up, that flight time you will just about get on a E95, must be closer to 3hrs on a Dash but I will bow to your superior knowledge 😜

Thankfully you have.

Alteagod 13th Oct 2017 20:45

I believe that Flybe also doing ski charters from BHD

Letsflycwl 13th Oct 2017 21:29

Is it true that Flybe are looking to operate some charter flights from CWL for Summer 2018 ?

BluffOldSeaDog 16th Oct 2017 20:04


Originally Posted by MARKEYD (Post 9924096)
I think next Summer 18 , the 195 aircraft is Southampton based only and does not operate to and from MAN as it has done in previous years

The first arrival from Manchester is not until 0940 well after the the 195 has departed

Partly this is possibly to help with any delays during the day with ATC and the quite often late arrival of the 195 and subsequent SOU closing times , something the Skiathos flight could well endure in the hight of the summer

The 195 hasnt started in Manchester this season at all, weve had MAN crews night-stopping in SOU

MKY661 18th Oct 2017 09:56

According to Jethro G-JECI has been WFU and G-JECJ will leave next Month. Not sure if there are any more Dash8's due out after that.

ratchetring 18th Oct 2017 10:53

Flybe shares plunge on half-year profit warning


Blaming maintenance costs now....

Jerry123 18th Oct 2017 12:03

Well they did have that under carriage collapse at Amsterdam with a Q400 so that could've led to the higher than expected maintenance bill. I'd thought they would've been required by the CAA to check the landing gear on all their Q400s which may have increased costs.

southside bobby 18th Oct 2017 12:09

Landing gear malfunctions on the Q400 is a known factor which is why also SAS dropped the type from the fleet..


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:41.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.