PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   Manchester-2 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/599775-manchester-2-a.html)

Betablockeruk 23rd Jan 2019 07:52

Luxury new terminal

https://i2-prod.manchestereveningnew...er-Airport.jpg

50? If that includes airport parking, 'free buffet', fasttrack type service then that's a bit cheap?

SWBKCB 23rd Jan 2019 08:26

I'd be amazed if it is anywhere near 50 - maybe add another zero?

ETOPS 23rd Jan 2019 08:41


maybe add another zero?
Doesn't matter - the Wilmslow/Prestbury/Mottram St Andrew brigade will be all over this from day 1

boredintheairport 23rd Jan 2019 08:49


Originally Posted by roverman (Post 10367478)
I don't have access to the what connections are being made generally, only the numbers of transfer pax on particular flights. The Jet - Virgin thing is common knowledge due to the sheer volumes and the arrangements which have been made in T2 to transfer between these two carriers.

Someone posted above that Jet was a B777-200 today. I think they mean Ethiopian, Jet has no MAN flight on a Tuesday.

What are the arrangements? Have they made it so there is a proper connection process now at Manchester?

Trav a la 23rd Jan 2019 10:59

Looks like the new luxury terminal could be positioned in the newly fenced off area to the front of the RVP? If so, it won't cause a problem with the existing buildings but will block off the view from the mounds and car park etc.

The reason for that area being fenced off has been kept quiet so far, so it makes you wonder.

JerseyAero 23rd Jan 2019 17:03

New PremiAir Terminal
 
Indeed it does appear as though it will be positioned next to the RVP - which will no doubt affect the views afforded from the viewing area.

It will be interesting to see how many pax make use of this new facility. There is an article in the MEN regarding this new terminal.

If you say so 24th Jan 2019 07:22

Might be comparing apples with oranges airport-wise, but the similar private terminal offering at Los Angeles is USD3,000 one-way for an international flight for a single passenger (but up to three complimentary companions can travel with lead passenger) AND a membership fee of USD4,500 per annum.

GBP50 sounds too good to be true (and is)

MattGarner 24th Jan 2019 08:06

Is there any more details on where this is exactly being built? I know it's going to be near RVP but is it actually going to block the viewing points from the mounds?

FFMAN 24th Jan 2019 09:07

Harking back to the old name for Manchester Airport - Ringway - this will be the closest ever terminal building to the centre of the old Ringway village (what's left of it)

Would I use it? Not sure - the downside would be the drive over to the plane, getting out into the cold and rain and up the steps at the side of the airbridge - nothing glamorous about that. Mind you not everything connects to an airbridge - although on the other hand most of the premium flights that would attract premium customers do. So in that respect it's a form of glorified 'bussing' out to the aircraft which is one of my pet hates.
I guess the idea is similar to the LH service at FRA and MUC which I had the pleaseure of once - no great shakes frankly.

Betablockeruk 24th Jan 2019 15:36


Originally Posted by MattGarner (Post 10369116)
Is there any more details on where this is exactly being built? I know it's going to be near RVP but is it actually going to block the viewing points from the mounds?

There's allegedly someone from PremiAir camped in the 'main building' at the RVP with a plan .

Navpi 24th Jan 2019 17:40

Do we know where they will source the drivers from. I would think you need people with a fair degree of responsibility who understand the road system layout and exceptional customer service skills.

Will these be employed by MAG ? I presume so.

Surely it would be unwise to contract in a 3rd party taxi company where drivers can swap and change.

boredintheairport 25th Jan 2019 08:40


Originally Posted by Navpi (Post 10369717)
Do we know where they will source the drivers from. I would think you need people with a fair degree of responsibility who understand the road system layout and exceptional customer service skills.

Will these be employed by MAG ? I presume so.

Surely it would be unwise to contract in a 3rd party taxi company where drivers can swap and change.

Strongly suspect third party taxi company wouldn't be allowed anywhere near this. They would surely have to receive full airside safety briefing, all the risks of aircraft, jet engines and other vehicles, how to talk to the controllers, radio etc.

Who they would be contracted through, I don't know. But they would surely be well trained and specialised to the job. As for outstanding customer service skills? This is Manchester...

MattGarner 25th Jan 2019 09:34


Originally Posted by MattGarner (Post 10369116)
Is there any more details on where this is exactly being built? I know it's going to be near RVP but is it actually going to block the viewing points from the mounds?

Developments at RVP – Plans were released by MAG on 23rd January for the construction of a new Executive Terminal (known as PremiAir) . The new Terminal will be located on the site of the Runway Visitor Park (RVP) where the two round viewing mounds are currently situated. Construction work will commence immediately in order that the Terminal can open for business this Summer. The RVP will remain open throughout the works and in the future.

The RVP Manager will be attending the TAS Social Evening (GMP) on Monday 28th January to deliver a short presentation about the works and answer any questions. The TAS Social evening is held at the Concorde Restaurant at the Runway Visitor Park and commences at 20.00hrs.

From the TASManchester site.

Betablockeruk 25th Jan 2019 09:59


Originally Posted by MattGarner (Post 10370303)
Developments at RVP Plans were released by MAG on 23rd January for the construction of a new Executive Terminal (known as PremiAir) . The new Terminal will be located on the site of the Runway Visitor Park (RVP) where the two round viewing mounds are currently situated. Construction work will commence immediately in order that the Terminal can open for business this Summer. The RVP will remain open throughout the works and in the future.

The RVP Manager will be attending the TAS Social Evening (GMP) on Monday 28th January to deliver a short presentation about the works and answer any questions. The TAS Social evening is held at the Concorde Restaurant at the Runway Visitor Park and commences at 20.00hrs.

From the TASManchester site.

Thanks. Wonder if they've considered sight lines..... (I don't actually know why I wasted time typing that).

Let's cut to the chase. How long before there is a low cost Ryanair terminal or an extended PremiAir terminal with 'exec' stands in place of the RVP?


chaps1954 25th Jan 2019 10:36

I thought that there are plans to move RVP to southside anyway

MattGarner 25th Jan 2019 16:49


Originally Posted by chaps1954 (Post 10370362)
I thought that there are plans to move RVP to southside anyway

I don't think there has been any hard proof of such claims and if there were, I would have thought now would have been the best time to announce that considering they are building on part of the RVP.

Navpi 27th Jan 2019 09:31


Originally Posted by boredintheairport (Post 10370247)
Strongly suspect third party taxi company wouldn't be allowed anywhere near this. They would surely have to receive full airside safety briefing, all the risks of aircraft, jet engines and other vehicles, how to talk to the controllers, radio etc.

Who they would be contracted through, I don't know. But they would surely be well trained and specialised to the job. As for outstanding customer service skills? This is Manchester...


That seems a bit elaborate, yes a knowledge of the road layout, hazards etc, but I would have thought use of the road system is all that is required once full training is given ?

Numerous vehicles use this without reference to radio etc ?



750XL 27th Jan 2019 10:07

It barely takes an afternoon to sit through airside driver training & the multiple choice exam.

LFC22 29th Jan 2019 18:20

I was always under the impression that we would be getting a new Terminal 2 but from this mock-up it seems that it's just the new T2 attached to the old T2?

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune....3d698744a6.jpg

MKY661 29th Jan 2019 20:16


Originally Posted by LFC22 (Post 10374732)
I was always under the impression that we would be getting a new Terminal 2 but from this mock-up it seems that it's just the new T2 attached to the old T2?

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/pprune....3d698744a6.jpg

The Old T2 Building is staying and will indeed be attached to the new building in some places.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:33.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.