PPRuNe Forums

PPRuNe Forums (https://www.pprune.org/)
-   Airlines, Airports & Routes (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes-85/)
-   -   STANSTED - 2 (https://www.pprune.org/airlines-airports-routes/245928-stansted-2-a.html)

EssexMan61 8th Aug 2017 15:26

Wow - amazing story about the Stansted "Meet and Greet" service featured on mailonline.
According to the article an airport spokesperson said they were "deeply sorry". Well - I should hope they were!!

Edit (Added) -

And the airports own website says people need to allow extra time for the next WEEK!!!

SWBKCB 8th Aug 2017 20:40


Originally Posted by southside bobby (Post 9854930)
SWBKCB....Sadly then you are correct, the airports you mention are not major airports by any industry definition or yardstick alas........I'm very sure MAG used the word carefully with all clarity & perception of their industry in all the press releases.......(By the way not decrying Academies elsewhere of course)...:)))

Where Newcastle leads, the rest follow... :ok:

southside bobby 9th Aug 2017 15:54

So more good commercial news for STN...CLU/CargoLogicAir to launch 2 weekly B744F service to Mexico City via ATL...Service to commence on 19.8 & operates Days 3/6.CLU`s first scheduled service.

southside bobby 9th Aug 2017 17:16

SWBKCB.....yup,spot on :)))........& on the plus side @ NCL you also have a non flying "real" airframe attached in the form of the ex WestJet B732 which I have noticed on various visits.I believe NWI now have an ex Chanex B733 hangered & newly arrived...

gilesdavies 13th Aug 2017 22:56

Hole in the runway...
 
According to the Evening Stansted looks like Standard Airport has had a chaotic evening!

Hole in the runway and lots of diversions to Luton and East Midlands.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/tran...-a3610726.html

LTNman 13th Aug 2017 23:17

Is the photo that appears in the Standard taken in a pier? The finish looks as cheap as chips with its corrugated roof and exposed steel pillars. Race to the bottom?

canberra97 14th Aug 2017 00:40

The photo looks like it could have been taken in Satellite 3 at the very end where the building is single story with only 5/6 gates, the remaining part of Satellite 3 is on the upper floor and doesn't look anything like this and is rather pleasant and totally glazed giving great views overlooking the aprons.

Although it's looks cheap in this view it was built for the use of Ryanair and the shops, cafes are on the upper floor.

I think even this view was it looks far superior than the bland cheap looking gates we've see at LTN.

LTNman 14th Aug 2017 04:51

That's why I said a race to the bottom:ugh: I can see gates 52, 54 and 56 which should pinpoint the location. Flying used to be a pleasant experience, it doesn't look like a pleasant experience in this photo.

I think last year both Luton and Stansted came joint last in the passenger Which survey. This year I seem to remember Luton was just one point below. Luton has an excuse that it is operating way above capacity and is a building site but Stansted doesn't have that excuse so why do passengers rate Stansted so badly?

jdcg 14th Aug 2017 06:33


Originally Posted by LTNman (Post 9861184)
That's why I said a race to the bottom:ugh: I can see gates 52, 54 and 56 which should pinpoint the location. Flying used to be a pleasant experience, it doesn't look like a pleasant experience in this photo.

I think last year both Luton and Stansted came joint last in the passenger Which survey. This year I seem to remember Luton was just one point below. Luton has an excuse that it is operating way above capacity and is a building site but Stansted doesn't have that excuse so why do passengers rate Stansted so badly?

Because STN has deteriorated so much over recent years. Most of the other London airports have,in some ways, got better. Not LTN, obviously, but LTN was always poor. But STN used to feel pleasant, until the MAG effect kicked in

davidjohnson6 14th Aug 2017 07:45

The area around gates 51-59 has seemed pretty lousy for a long time - I can certainly remember the crummy feeling in 2013. There are simply too many gates squeezed into a tiny shed for comfort.

AirportPlanner1 14th Aug 2017 08:01

A key difference I find between STN and LTN is that the people I know that moan about LTN use it, those that moan about STN dont and just assume it's bad. That said, if they try flying out of STN early morning and returning after 11pm they'd be right. Any other time of day they'd be fine.

A complaint of people I know that do use STN is the trek through duty free, even though they have to do the same at LGW which they insist is better.

STN Ramp Rat 14th Aug 2017 08:14

the issue with Stansted is that they keep you in the lounge until STD-45, I know and understand why they do it but I don't want to buy anything more than a coffee and Sandwich and like to go to the less crowded gate area after that. I cant as my Ryanair flight could be SAT2,3 or Coaching and my EZY flight could be Sat 1 or 2 so I end up hanging around in the main lounge taking up space

Alsacienne 14th Aug 2017 08:45

The photo was taken at the end of the Ryanair pier, which is a corrugated roofed hanger, on the ground floor. There are minimal amenities ... a couple of toilets, a couple of vending machines and equipment for roping off areas to form queuing lanes. It makes the rest of the pier seem like a luxury hotel.

southside bobby 14th Aug 2017 18:07

Moving on to a more positive note again....STN records a 10.5% increase in pax for July`17 for 2.58m on the month...& as already recorded puts STN thru the 25m pax per year mark..Cargo just over 2% up for 21,200 tonnes on the month...MAG also stating 50m of extra capacity being added before the new arrivals terminal is available inc extra seating in departures..extra check in facilities & an increase in aircraft stands..

southside bobby 16th Aug 2017 10:32

AUR ceasing LCY service at the end of October can only help bolster the existing STN service...

AirportPlanner1 16th Aug 2017 10:45


Originally Posted by southside bobby (Post 9863519)
AUR ceasing LCY service at the end of October can only help bolster the existing STN service...

Unless it ended up double daily or something at LTN - did they get the route licence in the end?

pamann 16th Aug 2017 10:58


Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1 (Post 9863532)
Unless it ended up double daily or something at LTN - did they get the route licence in the end?

They don't even operate from LTN so that makes no sense. Only according to the LTN fan base was an application ever made for the route a couple of summers ago, nothing ever materialised. Maybe they'll go 8x daily from STN?

Just as much chance IMO.

southside bobby 16th Aug 2017 11:00

Errrrrr...if you read the AUR press release & statement says will concentrate on LGW & STN in the future....:ok:

AirportPlanner1 16th Aug 2017 11:12


Originally Posted by pamann (Post 9863549)
They don't even operate from LTN so that makes no sense. Only according to the LTN fan base was an application ever made for the route a couple of summers ago, nothing ever materialised. Maybe they'll go 8x daily from STN?

Just as much chance IMO.

Yes I'm fully aware they're not at LTN currently, also it was hardly the pipedream of some LTN fanboys as the licence application is publicly accessible for all to see. If you want to patronise me at least get your facts right.

Good news for STN (and me personally) they're staying put.

pamann 16th Aug 2017 11:45


Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1 (Post 9863570)
Yes I'm fully aware they're not at LTN currently, also it was hardly the pipedream of some LTN fanboys as the licence application is publicly accessible for all to see. If you want to patronise me at least get your facts right.

Good news for STN (and me personally) they're staying put.

Facts?

You're the one suggesting non-existent double daily LTN ops. That kind sir is a pipe dream and possibly on your 'want list'. Fact is they're concentrating ops at LGW/STN as has already been mentioned. No need to start dreaming up routes and schedules.


All times are GMT. The time now is 21:09.


Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.