Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Flybe-V2

Old 29th Oct 2022, 15:48
  #681 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sunny spain
Posts: 789
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It will be interesting to see how the operation copes with the new Newquay flights and Manchester resuming from BHD with no additional aircraft in the fleet
looking today across the network there seems to be a lot of disruption and that is based on a reduced Saturday schedule
BHD2BFS is offline  
Old 29th Oct 2022, 16:10
  #682 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: UK
Age: 59
Posts: 2,675
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BHD2BFS
It will be interesting to see how the operation copes with the new Newquay flights and Manchester resuming from BHD with no additional aircraft in the fleet
looking today across the network there seems to be a lot of disruption and that is based on a reduced Saturday schedule
The following, posted today on an FB forum that includes employees, includes the following snippets....

"JEDW has been cancelled. Can't share specifics but we've had a lot of issues with the lessor it was coming from"
Jethro's states "A/C not suitable", so whatever the why's and where'fors that info seems to stack up.


"FLBB due Monday or Tuesday but not scheduled to any flights for about another week in case anything delays it"
Jethro's states "Due in service first week Nov"

The last employee comment above suggests that they don't need this a/c in order to cover the new NQY flights.

Edit: G-ECOR just noted arriving NQY, positioned from BHX
Wycombe is offline  
Old 29th Oct 2022, 18:14
  #683 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dorset
Posts: 621
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Late delivery or otherwise, theyíll have to find a way pretty quickly to fly the Heathrow slots earmarked for IOM.
Albert Hall is offline  
Old 29th Oct 2022, 22:51
  #684 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 253
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Wycombe
The following, posted today on an FB forum that includes employees, includes the following snippets....

"JEDW has been cancelled. Can't share specifics but we've had a lot of issues with the lessor it was coming from"
Jethro's states "A/C not suitable", so whatever the why's and where'fors that info seems to stack up.
But we kept on being told before it all started that Flybe had the pick of the bunch when it came to selecting airframes.
Atlantic Explorer is offline  
Old 30th Oct 2022, 02:02
  #685 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sunny spain
Posts: 789
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the aircraft they picked are having issues what does that say about the fleet they are having to select from now ?
BHD2BFS is offline  
Old 30th Oct 2022, 10:10
  #686 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Ayrshire
Posts: 96
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BHD2BFS
If the aircraft they picked are having issues what does that say about the fleet they are having to select from now ?
The problem lies with the Q400 itself. All Q400s have the same fundamental technical issues: 1. Airframe de ice. 2. Landing gear and door prox switch adjustment and 3. Pressurisation problems.

Obviously there will be other running defects as with any other aircraft but Flybe 2 would need to have a strong network of engineering and spares support just to stay on top of this stuff and l am very doubtful that this will be happening.

I am not suggesting that the aircraft is unsafe (it's perfectly safe IMHO) but Flybe 1 had a good team of experienced Q400 line engineers and still struggled to keep them running on time. That experience is scattered now and spares are always difficult to source when a type is out of production.

Anyone travelling with Flybe 2 just needs to make sure thay have plenty time to spare.
134brat is offline  
Old 30th Oct 2022, 11:18
  #687 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Nantgarw
Posts: 74
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Atlantic Explorer
But we kept on being told before it all started that Flybe had the pick of the bunch when it came to selecting airframes.
We were also told by Albert Hall and other individuals that it was "no coincidence" that some of the earliest aircraft were involved in serious incidents at the former Flybe. G-JECP for example, with the notorious Amsterdam incident. That would suggest that Flybe didn't have much say over the aircraft placed with them.
southamptonavgeek is offline  
Old 30th Oct 2022, 12:13
  #688 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,008
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by southamptonavgeek
We were also told by Albert Hall and other individuals that it was "no coincidence" that some of the earliest aircraft were involved in serious incidents at the former Flybe. G-JECP for example, with the notorious Amsterdam incident. That would suggest that Flybe didn't have much say over the aircraft placed with them.
Interesting, cos I'm sure the view put forward was that BE2 would have all the technical details of the old BE fleet, would have the pick of the bunch and that with a depressed market leasing companies would be keen to do deals with them. Seems not to be the case.
SWBKCB is offline  
Old 30th Oct 2022, 12:24
  #689 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Nantgarw
Posts: 74
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
Interesting, cos I'm sure the view put forward was that BE2 would have all the technical details of the old BE fleet, would have the pick of the bunch and that with a depressed market leasing companies would be keen to do deals with them. Seems not to be the case.
I have to wonder whether there were existing lease deals with other airlines for some of the more favoured aircraft. For example G-ECOR looks to have originally been due for Russia's Aurora before the current situation broke out.
southamptonavgeek is offline  
Old 30th Oct 2022, 17:03
  #690 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Dorset
Posts: 621
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the people pretty close to this had told me that they had a deal with the leasing company based on taking certain airframes which included those with an "incident history". Obviously that couldn't be the entire fleet as (probably thankfully) there aren't enough aircraft in that category, but it was very much a case of getting the terms they wanted only if specific airframes were part of the package.

I can't say how or if that might have changed since then. The statement of having the pick of the bunch was nonsense at the time it was made though.
Albert Hall is offline  
Old 31st Oct 2022, 01:47
  #691 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sunny spain
Posts: 789
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flybe appear to have dropped Edinburgh until the middle of December
BHD2BFS is offline  
Old 31st Oct 2022, 10:40
  #692 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BMA
Posts: 1,002
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loganairís response to IOM

I posted this in the Loganair thread also but feels relevant here given itís in response to Flybe. Loganair's MD going for it, complete with "No more maybes" tag line on their ad.

"Loganair's 60-year history is built upon service to local communities; it's a fundamental part of what we do. Other airlines come and go.

Some promise to come back, yet tell their customers less than 72 hours before they're due to land that they've completely cancelled the routes. It's undoubtedly been a tough summer for our industry as a whole, but I'm still taken aback that any airline would or could cancel whole routes only three days before their inaugural flights are due to take off.

And so with that in mind, I'm pleased to confirm that Loganair flies daily from the Isle of Man to London Heathrow, and up to twice daily from Isle of Man to London City. [We fly to the Isle of Man from Birmingham, Edinburgh, Liverpool and Manchester too.]

Our locally-based Isle of Man pilots and cabin crew will be delighted to welcome you aboard a Loganair aircraft, maintained by our great team of Isle of Man-based engineers. With same-ticket onward connections at Heathrow to several of the world's major airlines, we're truly in it for the long haul - just like our commitment to the communities we serve."

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/jonat...member_desktop
BA318 is offline  
Old 31st Oct 2022, 11:10
  #693 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 473
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BA318
I posted this in the Loganair thread also but feels relevant here given itís in response to Flybe. Loganair's MD going for it, complete with "No more maybes" tag line on their ad.

"Loganair's 60-year history is built upon service to local communities; it's a fundamental part of what we do. Other airlines come and go.

Some promise to come back, yet tell their customers less than 72 hours before they're due to land that they've completely cancelled the routes. It's undoubtedly been a tough summer for our industry as a whole, but I'm still taken aback that any airline would or could cancel whole routes only three days before their inaugural flights are due to take off.

And so with that in mind, I'm pleased to confirm that Loganair flies daily from the Isle of Man to London Heathrow, and up to twice daily from Isle of Man to London City. [We fly to the Isle of Man from Birmingham, Edinburgh, Liverpool and Manchester too.]

Our locally-based Isle of Man pilots and cabin crew will be delighted to welcome you aboard a Loganair aircraft, maintained by our great team of Isle of Man-based engineers. With same-ticket onward connections at Heathrow to several of the world's major airlines, we're truly in it for the long haul - just like our commitment to the communities we serve."

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/jonat...member_desktop
Brilliant from Loganair and yet another PR disaster for BE (will they ever learn)!
SKOJB is offline  
Old 31st Oct 2022, 11:48
  #694 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: UK
Age: 59
Posts: 2,675
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SKOJB
Brilliant from Loganair and yet another PR disaster for BE (will they ever learn)!
It isn't great for PR, but do you seriously think they want stuff like this to happen?

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to how you'd make it all better?
Wycombe is offline  
Old 31st Oct 2022, 11:55
  #695 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 5,538
Likes: 0
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Wycombe
It isn't great for PR, but do you seriously think they want stuff like this to happen?

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to how you'd make it all better?
Perhaps we could start with a better understanding of why the anticipated aircraft could not be delivered on the planned date or put into commercial use ? It's difficult to suggest how a situation could be remedied without good knowledge of how it went wrong in the first place
davidjohnson6 is online now  
Old 31st Oct 2022, 12:08
  #696 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BMA
Posts: 1,002
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wycombe
It isn't great for PR, but do you seriously think they want stuff like this to happen?

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to how you'd make it all better?
There are some simple steps they could take. 1. Don't keep announcing new routes if you have continually had problems securing aircraft on time. Have a decent buffer of time between aircraft due to arrive and operate (of course this costs money but its better than continually destroying your brand) and if the plane doesn't come or seems highly unlikely with two weeks to go then postpone (at least cancelling more than 2 weeks in advance you won't have to pay compensation to all the passengers who did book) 2. Lease in support to cover for delayed aircraft (surely the leasing contract should have some kind of clause to cover such needs if it is as we are told and all the lessors fault - and if it is delayed aircraft why completely scrap the route rather than just postpone.

In small markets like this you're not going to get endless chances. Who would risk rebooking with Flybe next time they announce they are launching routes from IOM in competition with Loganair?
BA318 is offline  
Old 31st Oct 2022, 12:39
  #697 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: UK
Posts: 473
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wycombe
It isn't great for PR, but do you seriously think they want stuff like this to happen?

Perhaps you could enlighten us as to how you'd make it all better?
This is a perpetual problem that continues to play out, if you canít guarantee the metal to transport the punters then donít over commit on route announcements. The negative publicity is hugely damaging for the new start up and people will link this closely with the fall out from BE Version1, not a good look!
SKOJB is offline  
Old 31st Oct 2022, 13:35
  #698 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sunny spain
Posts: 789
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is The Times preempting something ?

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/travel/ad...with-goes-bust
BHD2BFS is offline  
Old 31st Oct 2022, 20:12
  #699 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: This side of Heaven
Posts: 363
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If people read it, that's not going to do FlyBe much good. Not many are going to distinguish between V2 and V1. Monarch (pictured in the article) has gone. The name of this reincarnation has been discussed at length in the past, but it might have been better if they had retained Thyme Opco.
Gurnard is offline  
Old 31st Oct 2022, 20:26
  #700 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Not so many places currently
Age: 59
Posts: 3,609
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BA318
There are some simple steps they could take. 1. Don't keep announcing new routes if you have continually had problems securing aircraft on time. Have a decent buffer of time between aircraft due to arrive and operate (of course this costs money but its better than continually destroying your brand) and if the plane doesn't come or seems highly unlikely with two weeks to go then postpone (at least cancelling more than 2 weeks in advance you won't have to pay compensation to all the passengers who did book) 2. Lease in support to cover for delayed aircraft (surely the leasing contract should have some kind of clause to cover such needs if it is as we are told and all the lessors fault - and if it is delayed aircraft why completely scrap the route rather than just postpone.

In small markets like this you're not going to get endless chances. Who would risk rebooking with Flybe next time they announce they are launching routes from IOM in competition with Loganair?
Flybe customer services said today it was due to poor bookings, nothing about lack of aircraft.
pabely is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.