Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

TUI airways-2

Old 21st Mar 2022, 00:04
  #321 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 116
TUI Summer 2022 Timetable

TUI Summer Timetable attached, based on the month of August, which is sorted by flight number order.

I'm not 100% certain on which flights the 788 & 789 are planned to do at Gatwick and Manchester, i'm presuming the 789 will only be long haul, the 788, a mix of short and long haul.

Again, subject to any last minute changes/cancellations.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TUI Summer 2022 Timetable.pdf (177.7 KB, 316 views)
Matt995 is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2022, 01:23
  #322 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Wigan
Posts: 4
Apologies I meant the flight on the 05/09/22 from Manchester departing at 15:00. I think it’s scheduled for the 788. But seating ma- shows a configuration in 2-4-2 x 42 rows ?
Kc4475 is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2022, 07:11
  #323 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Age: 65
Posts: 411
Originally Posted by Kc4475 View Post
Apologies I meant the flight on the 05/09/22 from Manchester departing at 15:00. I think itís scheduled for the 788. But seating ma- shows a configuration in 2-4-2 x 42 rows ?
Could be the Air Tanker A330 which is said to be on ACMI lease for TUI

The BY 763's have 46 rows of 2-4-2
rog747 is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2022, 07:15
  #324 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Scotland
Posts: 2,018
Originally Posted by Kc4475 View Post
Apologies I meant the flight on the 05/09/22 from Manchester departing at 15:00. I think itís scheduled for the 788. But seating ma- shows a configuration in 2-4-2 x 42 rows ?
TOM2106 is a 787
GrahamK is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2022, 08:22
  #325 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Teesside
Posts: 419
Originally Posted by Matt995 View Post
TUI Summer Timetable attached, based on the month of August, which is sorted by flight number order.

I'm not 100% certain on which flights the 788 & 789 are planned to do at Gatwick and Manchester, i'm presuming the 789 will only be long haul, the 788, a mix of short and long haul.

Again, subject to any last minute changes/cancellations.
Fantastic - thanks for sharing!
P330 is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2022, 09:48
  #326 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2022
Location: Wigan
Posts: 4
Originally Posted by rog747 View Post
Could be the Air Tanker A330 which is said to be on ACMI lease for TUI

The BY 763's have 46 rows of 2-4-2
Thats what I was thinking. The seating plan on the TUI website when booking is the same as one of the air tanker configurations.
Kc4475 is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2022, 12:42
  #327 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: UK & Estern Europe
Posts: 36
TUI 767 Seating configuration.

Originally Posted by rog747 View Post
Could be the Air Tanker A330 which is said to be on ACMI lease for TUI

The BY 763's have 46 rows of 2-4-2
Thats surprised me, I thought all of TUI's 767s were in the industry standard configuration of 7 seats abreast in a 2-3-2 configuration, as they adopted when they took over Air 2000 and refurbished all aircraft to the same standard.
gdiddy is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2022, 12:52
  #328 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 35,000ft
Posts: 902
Originally Posted by gdiddy View Post
Thats surprised me, I thought all of TUI's 767s were in the industry standard configuration of 7 seats abreast in a 2-3-2 configuration, as they adopted when they took over Air 2000 and refurbished all aircraft to the same standard.
The ex FCA 767 were all in a 2-3-2 config. The traditional BY 767 fleet were and still are 2-4-2. The fleet were not refurbished to the ex FCA config during the merger, they were kept as they were.
All ex FCA 767ís left the fleet once the 787 fleet were established.
pamann is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2022, 14:55
  #329 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Age: 65
Posts: 411
BY 767

BY's 767-204/204ER and the later 767-304ER's were all delivered with a 2-4-2 config from new, with no premium fit.
The -204's from new were 273Y then to 290Y (reduced to 258 when they did the winter Oz charters)

The 767-304ER's had 328 seats in Economy Class, and also a later Thomson fit with 31 Premium 2-3-2 seats in the front 5 rows of the cabin that gave a total of 315 seats.
The Boeing 767-304ER fleet G-OBYA - YJ were first delivered new to Britannia Airways from 1996 - 4 of the new order did pass quickly over to the short-lived Britannia Airways GmbH of Germany.
Returning to Britannia UK, until their re-brand as Thomsonfly, then Thomson Airways, TUI Airways.
Many BY 763's also flew for sister TUI airlines - JetairFly TUIFly Belgium ArkeFly TUI Airlines Netherlands Britannia Nordic TUIFly Nordic and TUIfly GmbH.

In 1998 Air 2000 AMM took over Leisure International from Unijet and inherited their 2 newish 767-39HER's (ILFC) with a 2-4-2 fit.
The Leisure International Airways pair G-UKLH/LI were re-regd G-OOAN and AO.
AN was kept to 2013, but AO was returned early in 2001.

AMM had cancelled the 4 x A330-200's that Leisure had on order to standardise on the 767, and so AMM then ordered for 1999 and 2000 2 new 767-38AERs from GECAS in a 2-4-2 fit. No Premium cabin afaik.
G-OOAL and AM. But both were returned early to GECAS in 2003 and 2004.
AL was later to join the TUI Airways fleet many years later in 2017, strangely registered as G-OBYK.

Renamed FCA, who now ended up obtaining early build 763's from EVA Air and Vietnam AL that FCA fitted with a low density 2-3-2 cabin with high quality seats with 33' legroom, plus a 'luxury' Premium cabin...
Merger with Thomson's came along and the TOM/FCA fleets got very fragmented, as did their configs.

rog747 is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2022, 16:01
  #330 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: South East
Posts: 137
Originally Posted by rog747 View Post
In 1998 Air 2000 AMM took over Leisure International from Unijet and inherited their 2 newish 767-39HER's (ILFC) with a 2-4-2 fit.
The Leisure International Airways pair G-UKLH/LI were re-regd G-OOAN and AO.
AN was kept to 2013, but AO was returned early in 2001.

AMM had cancelled the 4 x A330-200's that Leisure had on order to standardise on the 767, and so AMM then ordered for 1999 and 2000 2 new 767-38AERs from GECAS in a 2-4-2 fit. No Premium cabin afaik.
G-OOAL and AM. But both were returned early to GECAS in 2003 and 2004.
AL was later to join the TUI Airways fleet many years later in 2017, strangely registered as G-OBYK.

Renamed FCA, who now ended up obtaining early build 763's from EVA Air and Vietnam AL that FCA fitted with a low density 2-3-2 cabin with high quality seats with 33' legroom, plus a 'luxury' Premium cabin...
Merger with Thomson's came along and the TOM/FCA fleets got very fragmented, as did their configs.
Not quite accurate.

Air 2000 were the first to announce and introduce a Premium economy product (Classic Premium) on their first new build 767s, G-OOAL/M, to be delivered in 1999 and 2000. Total seats 312, W38Y274. These were ordered before the Leisure merger.

This caused both Airtours and Monarch to do an about-face with their newly ordered A330s, both planned an all Y380 seat layout but changed to include a Premium cabin by delivery.

The ex-Leisure pair 767 G-OOAN/O gained premium cabins the winter 1999/2000 season.

The Leisure order was only for 2 PW powered A330-200s, originally due to be delivered in 2000. Order cancelled shortly after the takeover.

G-OOAO left the fleet in 2001, G-OOAM in 2003. Leaving just the other pair to soldier on.

In late 2003 the company decided to go long-haul in a big way, and start to expand and roll over the whole long-haul fleet. The ex-Vietnam Airlines 767s were the interim lift, arriving from late 2004, pending delivery of the 787s which First Choice were the European launch customer for in early 2004. In fact it was still the 7E7 when the order was placed. The refurbishment of these aircraft was reportedly part of the 7E7 deal with Boeing. The Vietnam Airlines aircraft werenít early build, being less than 10 years old at the time. Configuration was 258, W63Y195.

G-OOAL left the fleet in 2005, which left just G-OOAN which was reconfigured to W62Y196, note slightly different config to the others.

The EVA Air pair were acquired in 2006/7, which were slightly older but from the same era as the rest of the fleet (1992 build) while around the same time the 787 order was increased accordingly from 6 to 8.

By the time of the Thomson merger, First Choice had 12 787-8 orders due to the success of the new long haul programme, and all the refurbished 767s including G-OOAN became part of the Thomson fleet.

For 2006, which was the last full year of independence for First Choice, they were serving;
Antigua, Aruba, Barbados, Cancun, Cayo Coco, Columbo, Cozumel, Holguin, Huatulco, Male, Mombassa, Montego Bay, Orlando/Sanford, Porlamar, Puerto Plata, Puerto Vallarta, Punta Cana, Salvador, Varadero. Plus winter only flights to Goa and Trivandrum. A far wider range than is served today by TUI, but at much lower frequency. Many of the flights were fortnightly, with attendant cost and operational complexity. The TUI model is much more based on frequency to the main destinations.


Downwind_Left is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2022, 17:59
  #331 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Midlands
Posts: 170
I am after some help if possible please, I am off to Turkey with Tui in July from BHX up until 8 weeks ago both flights were shown as being with Tui in both directions on a 738, We then got notification that the outbound flight was being changed to airline TBC the flights are on Saturday Dep BHX 20:50 Arr DLM 02:50 inbound Dep DLM arr BHX 19:50 so I assume this be an airline based in Turkey. As you can the see the outbound time is pretty awful as losing full day and night in resort as wont be at hotel until 5-6am


I have spoken to Tui a number of times and they claim that they still do not know who the carrier is going to be which I dont get as someone must have applied for the slots to operate this, It appears this flight runs every week from 28/05 through to 24/09 so its only 8 weeks until the first departure, Can anyone give me any further insight about whom we will be flying with
737James is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2022, 18:35
  #332 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: London
Posts: 269
Originally Posted by 737James View Post
I am after some help if possible please, I am off to Turkey with Tui in July from BHX up until 8 weeks ago both flights were shown as being with Tui in both directions on a 738, We then got notification that the outbound flight was being changed to airline TBC the flights are on Saturday Dep BHX 20:50 Arr DLM 02:50 inbound Dep DLM arr BHX 19:50 so I assume this be an airline based in Turkey. As you can the see the outbound time is pretty awful as losing full day and night in resort as wont be at hotel until 5-6am


I have spoken to Tui a number of times and they claim that they still do not know who the carrier is going to be which I dont get as someone must have applied for the slots to operate this, It appears this flight runs every week from 28/05 through to 24/09 so its only 8 weeks until the first departure, Can anyone give me any further insight about whom we will be flying with
I would assume itís Freebird, theyíve operated for TUI in the past.
USERNAME_ is offline  
Old 21st Mar 2022, 21:15
  #333 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Barton Upon Humber
Posts: 1,975
Originally Posted by Matt995 View Post
TUI Summer Timetable attached, based on the month of August, which is sorted by flight number order.

I'm not 100% certain on which flights the 788 & 789 are planned to do at Gatwick and Manchester, i'm presuming the 789 will only be long haul, the 788, a mix of short and long haul.

Again, subject to any last minute changes/cancellations.
There is also BY3213 PMI-HUY and BY3212 HUY-PMI on a Tuesday - not sure what base will operate these flights
airhumberside is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2022, 01:43
  #334 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 116
Originally Posted by airhumberside View Post
There is also BY3213 PMI-HUY and BY3212 HUY-PMI on a Tuesday - not sure what base will operate these flights
Looks like the Tuesday Gatwick flights are being rescheduled!

TOM 4230/1 Palma 06:15 - 20:35 times have changed, & now looks to be the aircraft to operate the Humberside flights, possibly the A320
TOM 4254/5 Palma 07:30 - 20:50 times have changed, & now appears to operate to Teesside, possibly a 738?

interestingly the A320s and A321's aircraft types at Gatwick, seem to have been removed from some booking engines, wonder if they are trying to lease in different aircraft types now?
Matt995 is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2022, 05:46
  #335 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Age: 65
Posts: 411
Originally Posted by Downwind_Left View Post
Not quite accurate.

Air 2000 were the first to announce and introduce a Premium economy product (Classic Premium) on their first new build 767s, G-OOAL/M, to be delivered in 1999 and 2000. Total seats 312, W38Y274. These were ordered before the Leisure merger.
This caused both Airtours and Monarch to do an about-face with their newly ordered A330s, both planned an all Y380 seat layout but changed to include a Premium cabin by delivery.
The ex-Leisure pair 767 G-OOAN/O gained premium cabins the winter 1999/2000 season.
The Leisure order was only for 2 PW powered A330-200s, originally due to be delivered in 2000. Order cancelled shortly after the takeover.

G-OOAO left the fleet in 2001, G-OOAM in 2003. Leaving just the other pair to soldier on.

In late 2003 the company decided to go long-haul in a big way, and start to expand and roll over the whole long-haul fleet. The ex-Vietnam Airlines 767s were the interim lift, arriving from late 2004, pending delivery of the 787s which First Choice were the European launch customer for in early 2004. In fact it was still the 7E7 when the order was placed. The refurbishment of these aircraft was reportedly part of the 7E7 deal with Boeing. The Vietnam Airlines aircraft werenít early build, being less than 10 years old at the time. Configuration was 258, W63Y195.
G-OOAL left the fleet in 2005, which left just G-OOAN which was reconfigured to W62Y196, note slightly different config to the others.
The EVA Air pair were acquired in 2006/7, which were slightly older but from the same era as the rest of the fleet (1992 build) while around the same time the 787 order was increased accordingly from 6 to 8.

By the time of the Thomson merger, First Choice had 12 787-8 orders due to the success of the new long haul programme, and all the refurbished 767s including G-OOAN became part of the Thomson fleet.

For 2006, which was the last full year of independence for First Choice.
Many thanks indeed for the corrections and filling in the gaps - cheers, all a long time ago.
I recall the older EVA or the Vietnam 767's (or was it both) could not, due to the floor weights take a high density load - was that correct>?
Also I always wondered as to why they let go 2 of the newer 767's AM & AO>?

Had Thomson (by the time of the merger) ordered any new Long Haul a/c in their own right or were the first Thomson 787's purely part of the original FCA order>?
Thanks.
rog747 is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2022, 05:53
  #336 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Age: 65
Posts: 411
Thanks Matt9955 for all the summer TUI info and Plog.

I gather apart from the LBA and HUY W's there is MME and also INV to Palma as well>?
rog747 is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2022, 18:23
  #337 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Midlands
Posts: 170
Originally Posted by USERNAME_ View Post
I would assume itís Freebird, theyíve operated for TUI in the past.
Thank You was just a little worried with not being able to get any info out of Tui that this may have been a reserve flight that they will use only if they hot certain capacity sold, I just do not want them to contact me in June to say sorry we are no longer operating a flight on Saturday please book again for Monday which is currently £800 more expensive. Hopefully Tui will confirm exactly who is operating the flights soon as first dep is 28/05.

I have noticed Corendon are basing an aircraft at DLM for summer and they are doing their own DLM-BHX flights on Saturdays but is an early morning flight but would be back to the evening charter for Tui possibly
737James is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2022, 19:16
  #338 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: 0ft
Posts: 159
Originally Posted by rog747 View Post
Thanks Matt9955 for all the summer TUI info and Plog.

I gather apart from the LBA and HUY W's there is MME and also INV to Palma as well>?
Maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree here but surely, given the strategic importance of Palma to TUI, and the amount of W patterns aircrafts/TUI do re: PMI/UK wouldn't it be worth it basing a unit out in Palma instead? They would a) increase the amount of flights that they can offer to all passengers including to places like LBA, HUY, MME, INV, b) increase the amount of flights that they can further add to the busier stations @ MAN BRS BHX LGW utilising the airports in their "quieter" periods, whilst also c) increasing the sectors for the UK based aircraft able to return for lunch time or early evening and be back out to Canaries, Turkey, Greece afternoon/night flight.
LBAflyer22 is offline  
Old 22nd Mar 2022, 20:57
  #339 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LV
Posts: 2,107
How long will Melbourne Orlando last? Barring cruise pax, too far out and not sure punters will realise that?
Is this the third Orlando airport BY/TOM have tried?
CabinCrewe is offline  
Old 23rd Mar 2022, 07:08
  #340 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Uk
Posts: 202
Originally Posted by CabinCrewe View Post
How long will Melbourne Orlando last? Barring cruise pax, too far out and not sure punters will realise that?
Is this the third Orlando airport BY/TOM have tried?
Its only 5 or so miles further than SFB to kissimmee and by all accounts a much better drive in. Time will tell I guess.
Yeehaw22 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.