Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Manchester-3

Old 6th Jun 2024, 17:17
  #3941 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,805
Received 186 Likes on 126 Posts
It doesn't take a masterplan to clear glasses from a table. The absolute basics for a service industry.
SWBKCB is online now  
The following users liked this post:
Old 6th Jun 2024, 17:57
  #3942 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ainsdale
Posts: 1,751
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe Ryanair are planned to be the sole user of T3, although I wonder if EasyJet will also now stay in T1/3 with the recent announcement that T1 check in and security will remain open? For me it could be baffling to have two separate Ryanair check-in areas and I have no idea how they're gonna fit 22+ EasyJet based aircraft over on the new Pier in T2 with other night stoppers such as BA & Lufthansa (who would surely want contact stands) as well as the T1 based & remotely parked Jet2 aircraft. There was also talk on here that Pier B can be accessed from T3 so maybe EasyJet can continue to use these stands as well. Just my take on it like, I could be completely wrong!

Originally Posted by HOVIS
That was one of the 6 design options I saw on paper. It is the airline's preferred option but the temult would be too much. Or would have been pre covid.
Also, there's a massive amount of electrical and comms network cables that go through T1. That would all need re-routing. Big job.
Also remember this post from a few years ago which could be a very good reason why they are planning to keep parts of T1 open.
MKY661 is offline  
Old 6th Jun 2024, 20:26
  #3943 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Beyond the Blue Horizon
Age: 63
Posts: 1,271
Received 257 Likes on 148 Posts
Not sure what is happening but Mrs Mac lounge booking in June cancelled in terminal 2 due to operational reasons and no refund yet. Any ideas ?

Cheers
Mr Mac
Mr Mac is offline  
Old 6th Jun 2024, 20:56
  #3944 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: GB
Posts: 268
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Air Transat giving MAN-YYZ a little boost next summer. Doubling of A330-200 ops to 4 out of the 7 weekly flights, the rest being A321LR.
laviation is online now  
Old 6th Jun 2024, 22:30
  #3945 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: U.K
Posts: 784
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MKY661
I believe Ryanair are planned to be the sole user of T3, although I wonder if EasyJet will also now stay in T1/3 with the recent announcement that T1 check in and security will remain open? For me it could be baffling to have two separate Ryanair check-in areas and I have no idea how they're gonna fit 22+ EasyJet based aircraft over on the new Pier in T2 with other night stoppers such as BA & Lufthansa (who would surely want contact stands) as well as the T1 based & remotely parked Jet2 aircraft. There was also talk on here that Pier B can be accessed from T3 so maybe EasyJet can continue to use these stands as well. Just my take on it like, I could be completely wrong!
I believe one of the original ideas would be that EZY would continue to use the existing T1 stands but with the passengers bussed from the expanded T2. Operationally, this would be a nightmare. As you stated, 22+ EZY a/c would not fit into the expanded T2 and I'm sure EZY management wouldn't agree to the bussing proposal. I fully expect in due course that RYR/ EZY will be the sole occupants of a combined T1/T3.
The96er is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by The96er:
Old 6th Jun 2024, 23:09
  #3946 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Essex
Posts: 1,538
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by The96er
I believe one of the original ideas would be that EZY would continue to use the existing T1 stands but with the passengers bussed from the expanded T2. Operationally, this would be a nightmare. As you stated, 22+ EZY a/c would not fit into the expanded T2 and I'm sure EZY management wouldn't agree to the bussing proposal. I fully expect in due course that RYR/ EZY will be the sole occupants of a combined T1/T3.
Totally agree and seems to be the MAG way of thinking much of the time; build a bussing terminal instead of a further pier because it's less capital expenditure, without really considering the operational costs and logistics. They seem also to favour a large bussing operation in the STN proposals as opposed to a Sat/Pier 4. By the time they hit their 43mppa goals that could be 20+ aircraft bussed remote.

Bussing to/from remote stands is fine for first wave and overnight/long-layover aircraft but servicing regular turnarounds on a large scale would be a logistical nightmare, because you need a two-way bussing flow for each aircraft which doubles bussing resource and with that you need full pre boarding capability in your bussing terminal in order to achieve tight turnarounds.

In first wave, since the aircraft is there anyway and you've no arriving pax to consider, you can call-to-gate and start boarding earlier and rotate the same busses round to pick up remaining passengers.

Apart from the requirement for intl arrival/departure segregation, as bussed arrivals go to a separate central drop off point, you're effectively building a full functioning pier in the wrong place.

Last edited by FRatSTN; 6th Jun 2024 at 23:23.
FRatSTN is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by FRatSTN:
Old 7th Jun 2024, 18:09
  #3947 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: France
Posts: 537
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
It doesn't take a masterplan to clear glasses from a table. The absolute basics for a service industry.
Hear hear ... and let's add sweeping the floor and putting chairs back around tables ....
Alsacienne is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 7th Jun 2024, 19:43
  #3948 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Where ever I am
Posts: 108
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Of course, whilst not defending the airort, this is surely all the responsibility of the catering companies. It is something that the airport needs to clamp down, and needs to be brought to their attention - as I will be doing.
Sioltach Dubh Glas is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 7th Jun 2024, 20:35
  #3949 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,805
Received 186 Likes on 126 Posts
Originally Posted by Sioltach Dubh Glas
Of course, whilst not defending the airort, this is surely all the responsibility of the catering companies. It is something that the airport needs to clamp down, and needs to be brought to their attention - as I will be doing.
Like they aren't aware? And it's not just the catering areas but the general cleanliness of the building, especially toilets. You will be judged by the state of cleanliness.
SWBKCB is online now  
The following users liked this post:
Old 7th Jun 2024, 22:12
  #3950 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Stockport
Age: 57
Posts: 354
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MANFAN
You are obviously assuming by making this statement!
I suggest we wait for an official announcement by MAG/MAN, because given the fact that terminal 1 check in and security will be used for terminal 3 flights means more room will eventually be available in terminal 3!
Thanks MANFAN for throwing some light on this.
DomyDom is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 8th Jun 2024, 13:56
  #3951 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Eas Anglia
Age: 65
Posts: 817
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Possibly the biggest news in years.

Julian Carr is back in the house.

"Happy to confirm I am rejoining MAG into the newly created role of International Development Director. This sees me assuming the mandate to develop the international airports business, and to grow MAGís overseas portfolio. Looking forward to being back".

So are we.....

Navpi is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2024, 20:39
  #3952 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: SYD
Posts: 538
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
That doesn't sound like a post relating to Manchester Airport specifically, but good luck to him whatever the role involves. I hope he has made friends at Air India!
OzzyOzBorn is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2024, 05:31
  #3953 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Essex
Posts: 1,538
Likes: 0
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Navpi
Possibly the biggest news in years.

Julian Carr is back in the house.

"Happy to confirm I am rejoining MAG into the newly created role of International Development Director. This sees me assuming the mandate to develop the international airports business, and to grow MAGís overseas portfolio. Looking forward to being back".

So are we.....
I'm reading this as growing MAG's Intl business relating more to property investment, Escape Lounges, CAVU etc. rather than specifically airline development. There's already an established aviation development team in commercial for that.

Wasn't he MD for BmiBaby back in the day if memory serves me right?
FRatSTN is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2024, 06:25
  #3954 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,805
Received 186 Likes on 126 Posts
The chief executive of Manchester Airports Group is seeking international expansion as the aviation industry recovers from the pandemic. Ken O’Toole said the company, which owns Manchester, London Stansted and East Midlands airports, wants to sign commercial deals to manage others overseas in the short term before considering buying another hub.

“Pre-Covid, we bid on a number of international opportunities. And I am quite keen that we continue to look at those commercial opportunities,” he said. O’Toole hopes to capitalise on plans by some state-owned airports to shake up operations and “re-energise” in an effort to attract more passengers following the pandemic.
https://www.ft.com/content/a14fb413-...4-f1d7a0d88604

There's a common theme in the comments....
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 11th Jun 2024, 06:34
  #3955 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Eas Anglia
Age: 65
Posts: 817
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do we know what happened to the China Cargo flights which were snared by red tape ?
Navpi is offline  
The following users liked this post:
Old 12th Jun 2024, 06:41
  #3956 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Where ever I am
Posts: 108
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
Like they aren't aware? And it's not just the catering areas but the general cleanliness of the building, especially toilets. You will be judged by the state of cleanliness.
At least, when you contact the MD, you receive a personal reply in which he acknowledges the problem. Hopefully the relevant teams will have received a "kick up the a*se" and I have no doubt that Mr Woodroofe will be looking out for these issues on his next walkabout.
Sioltach Dubh Glas is offline  
Old 12th Jun 2024, 06:50
  #3957 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 8,805
Received 186 Likes on 126 Posts
Better late than never, but does it need a walkabout - the issues have been the same for years. Any McDonalds management trainee would know what needs doing.
SWBKCB is online now  
The following 2 users liked this post by SWBKCB:
Old 21st Jun 2024, 14:33
  #3958 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Beyond the Blue Horizon
Age: 63
Posts: 1,271
Received 257 Likes on 148 Posts
I went through T2 this morning on route to Palma. Itís not my normal terminal as EK and LH use T1. It all worked well with Fast Track and friendly security . I used a lounge which was ok with good views of the apron. Food offering was a bit poor and I noticed no Champagne on offer though as driving on arrival no alcohol par taken..
Bussed to a stand and newish A320 was todayís chariot. Jet 2 did there normal service which is ok with me for a short hop. Coffee was temperature of lava and not great but Juice ok. The flight was full with full mixture of ages from small children to OAP. A few Hen parties and some post exam Mums and daughters a couple of whom I was sat with.

Mrs Mac came down last weekend with girlfriends and also reported favorao.

All in all well done Manchester and Jet 2 everything worked which is not the case in T1.

Cheers
Mr Mac
Mr Mac is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by Mr Mac:
Old 21st Jun 2024, 14:57
  #3959 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Manchester
Posts: 42
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mr Mac
I went through T2 this morning on route to Palma. Itís not my normal terminal as EK and LH use T1. It all worked well with Fast Track and friendly security . I used a lounge which was ok with good views of the apron. Food offering was a bit poor and I noticed no Champagne on offer though as driving on arrival no alcohol par taken..
Bussed to a stand and newish A320 was todayís chariot. Jet 2 did there normal service which is ok with me for a short hop. Coffee was temperature of lava and not great but Juice ok. The flight was full with full mixture of ages from small children to OAP. A few Hen parties and some post exam Mums and daughters a couple of whom I was sat with.

Mrs Mac came down last weekend with girlfriends and also reported favorao.

All in all well done Manchester and Jet 2 everything worked which is not the case in T1.

Cheers
Mr Mac
Yep - have to agree, the Jet2 experience through T2 is superb. More staff to help at check in than customers at one time usually! Iíve always bought fast track for security still, but it is almost redundant at T2 each time Iíve flown out. The 1903 lounge is the one we go for, which suits the two of us well and includes bubbly! Really excited to see the rest of the terminal 2 update and expansion completed, so that the experience is more common across the airlines. The sooner BA move the shuttle out of T3 the better ~ probably wishful thinking though?
bobradamus is offline  
Old 21st Jun 2024, 18:32
  #3960 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: manchester
Posts: 51
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
STS takes it's first arrival tomorrow 22/06/24 due 0630hrs, the first B777 passenger to Cargo conversation, aircraft involved will be N703DN ex Delta

Info from SPD Travel
SCFC1EP is offline  
The following users liked this post:

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.