Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Blue Islands

Old 21st Jan 2020, 08:59
  #141 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Nuweiba
Posts: 69
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aurigny72
As i already stated previously the Southend service could have worked well if Blue Islands had got the schedules right, starting a new route as we all know takes time to get established and in my humble opinion BI were to ambitious in starting a 7 days a week service during the summer and incredibly 5 days a week in the quiet winter months. For its first year 3-4 flights a week in the summer and no winter flights would probably have meant it would have been a viable service and it would have still been on sale for summer 2020.

Totally agree !
Nuweiba is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2020, 23:15
  #142 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: London Whipsnade Wildlife Park
Posts: 5,016
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends how much BI were being paid to operate into Southend and when any subsidy stopped post route introduction?
Buster the Bear is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2020, 15:17
  #143 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Alderney
Posts: 48
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IF Blue Islands said it wasn't profitable why are Flybe going to run it ?

appears bi definitely scaling back scheduled routes or franchise with flybe ending

https://gov.gg/article/176053/Econom...be-discussions
guern123 is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2020, 16:16
  #144 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: jersey
Age: 73
Posts: 1,450
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by guern123
IF Blue Islands said it wasn't profitable why are Flybe going to run it ?

appears bi definitely scaling back scheduled routes or franchise with flybe ending

https://gov.gg/article/176053/Econom...be-discussions
Good news, but I would guess that BEE will not replicate the frequency that Blue Islands operated .
kcockayne is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2020, 16:49
  #145 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Swansea
Age: 35
Posts: 23
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Didn’t someone mention that it would be 2x per week to Jersey and is bookable through to guernsey using Blue Islands as the feeder by the looks of things.
One wonders if the SEN route would be more viable now that Heathrow’s gone. Genuine low cost alternative to London and a total of 39000 pax potentially up for grabs now with neither SEN or LHR.
Obviously SEN doesn’t have the connections that LHR does but less capacity across the S.East to compete with
Borntoflywillfly is offline  
Old 6th Mar 2020, 22:34
  #146 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Under a Rock
Age: 54
Posts: 86
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what now for Blue Islands? No Flybe will they successfully go it alone?
Wickerbill is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 09:10
  #147 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: jersey
Age: 73
Posts: 1,450
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, Derek Coates permitting, BCI will continue to "go it alone". Indeed, BEE's demise opens up opportunities for them to expand. Heaven knows they need some more profitable routes! But, such expansion carries risks & must be handled effectively. They are already operating to Exeter & Birmingham - although this might only be short term. There is the announcement that they will, apparently, be operating these two routes in competition with AUR - although, AUR will only be operating them from Guernsey - which will certainly threaten the viability for both airlines. Maybe this is just part of the general confusion in the aftermath of BEE's failure & both airlines will be a little more realistic in the coming days. Certainly, there is no room for competition on most of BEE's old routes.
kcockayne is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 19:53
  #148 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Guernsey
Posts: 100
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like Jersey - Exeter is up to 5 times per week and Jersey - Birmingham goes daily and then seems to settle at 6 per week. Neither are showing as being avalable from Guernsey via Jersey at the moment

Oddly, Guernsey - Southend is showing up now, I am sure it wasn't earlier. The flights are blocked off as full but it just seemed odd for it to show up in the system?
KindaUnstuck is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 19:55
  #149 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Devon
Age: 44
Posts: 132
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Confirmed today that Blueislands will be launching flights from Birmingham and Exeter to Jersey starting from 12th March. Initially from Exeter flights will be Tues, Weds, Fri-Sun increasing to Tues to Sun during peak summer. Birmingham gets a daily service from the start.
devon_guy is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 20:37
  #150 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Channel Islands
Posts: 137
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've just had a look and you can go to BHX from GCI out on a Friday back on a Sunday which will do me.
GCILover is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 20:41
  #151 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 40
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KindaUnstuck
Looks like Jersey - Exeter is up to 5 times per week and Jersey - Birmingham goes daily and then seems to settle at 6 per week. Neither are showing as being avalable from Guernsey via Jersey at the moment

Oddly, Guernsey - Southend is showing up now, I am sure it wasn't earlier. The flights are blocked off as full but it just seemed odd for it to show up in the system?
the pax loads were predominantly jersey bound, the few for Guernsey will be served by the ever loss making (state owned) Aurigny
Garstag is offline  
Old 7th Mar 2020, 22:13
  #152 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: uk
Posts: 71
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you think Blue Islands will take on the Jersey - Manchester route or
rhutch28 is offline  
Old 8th Mar 2020, 04:22
  #153 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 40
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rhutch28
Do you think Blue Islands will take on the Jersey - Manchester route or
The problem with Jersey - Manchester is currently EasyJet offers such cheap fares between Liverpool and Jersey it would be difficult to compete.
Garstag is offline  
Old 8th Mar 2020, 08:35
  #154 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: jersey
Age: 73
Posts: 1,450
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Garstag
The problem with Jersey - Manchester is currently EasyJet offers such cheap fares between Liverpool and Jersey it would be difficult to compete.
Even more of a problem is that EZY already operates Manchester - Jersey. BEE clung on to the route despite this, but I can’t see BCI starting up such a service with EZY already incumbent; & probably expanding the service now that BEE have gone.
kcockayne is offline  
Old 8th Mar 2020, 09:41
  #155 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 40
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kcockayne
Even more of a problem is that EZY already operates Manchester - Jersey. BEE clung on to the route despite this, but I can’t see BCI starting up such a service with EZY already incumbent; & probably expanding the service now that BEE have gone.
Easyjet doesn’t fly between Manchester and Jersey, I flew frequently from Manchester to Jersey (Flybe) and Guernsey (Aurigny)
Garstag is offline  
Old 8th Mar 2020, 09:47
  #156 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 7,848
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Easyjet doesn’t fly between Manchester and Jersey
According to the EZY booking engine they do!
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 8th Mar 2020, 10:07
  #157 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: britain
Posts: 628
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, they do
bean is offline  
Old 8th Mar 2020, 11:00
  #158 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Guernsey
Posts: 100
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EasyJet started Manchester - Jersey towards the end of last year, it's only twice per week from memory but as Jersey has Liverpool and also had routes like DSA they've never been as reliant on Manchester as Guernsey.
KindaUnstuck is offline  
Old 8th Mar 2020, 11:50
  #159 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 40
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KindaUnstuck
EasyJet started Manchester - Jersey towards the end of last year, it's only twice per week from memory but as Jersey has Liverpool and also had routes like DSA they've never been as reliant on Manchester as Guernsey.
apologies... EasyJet do fly, however Flybe was a daily service not just two/three days a week.. hopefully they’ll increase the frequency
Garstag is offline  
Old 8th Mar 2020, 13:47
  #160 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: jersey
Age: 73
Posts: 1,450
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Garstag
Easyjet doesn’t fly between Manchester and Jersey, I flew frequently from Manchester to Jersey (Flybe) and Guernsey (Aurigny)
Garstag, they certainly do - which is why I put my post in to reply to your earlier comment. They have been operating the route since last year; & ever since they started, I have been waiting for BEE to pull off the route. Now, they have !
kcockayne is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.