Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Blue Islands

Old 8th Jul 2020, 10:16
  #221 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Guernsey
Posts: 86
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New livery fairly similar to Aurigny but in blue, name and logo below from cabin windows and the stylised b on the tail - nothing revolutionary.
KindaUnstuck is offline  
Old 8th Jul 2020, 11:00
  #222 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,158
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Twitterpic/vid on G-ISLK in new livery:


https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EcZHJqwW...jpg&name=large
virginblue is offline  
Old 8th Jul 2020, 11:33
  #223 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: IOM
Posts: 967
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's nice, good going

Last edited by JSCL; 8th Jul 2020 at 14:20.
JSCL is offline  
Old 8th Jul 2020, 11:38
  #224 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: 35,000ft
Posts: 914
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like it.

I flew on that aircraft in FlyBe colours. Nice to see it in the new livery.
pamann is offline  
Old 8th Jul 2020, 12:00
  #225 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: London
Posts: 0
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blue Islands changes:

NEW ROUTES:
Southampton - Dublin
Southampton - Manchester
Manchester - Exeter (W pattern with SOU-MAN)

NO LONGER ON WEBSITE:
London City
Newquay

TAGS REMOVED
Guernsey from the Jersey - East Midlands route
Guernsey from the Jersey - Bristol route

REDUCED FREQUENCIES
Jersey - Birmingham (from 5 to weekly)
Jersey - East Midlands (from 4 to 3 weekly)
Jersey - Exeter (from 6 to 3 weekly)
SeanM1997 is offline  
Old 8th Jul 2020, 12:22
  #226 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the doghouse (usually)
Posts: 277
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SeanM1997 View Post
Blue Islands changes:

NEW ROUTES:
Southampton - Dublin
Southampton - Manchester
Manchester - Exeter (W pattern with SOU-MAN)

NO LONGER ON WEBSITE:
London City
Newquay

TAGS REMOVED
Guernsey from the Jersey - East Midlands route
Guernsey from the Jersey - Bristol route

REDUCED FREQUENCIES
Jersey - Birmingham (from 5 to weekly)
Jersey - East Midlands (from 4 to 3 weekly)
Jersey - Exeter (from 6 to 3 weekly)
Looking at the timings, one aircraft appears to be based at SOU with a departure to Manchester at 0730, which is before the GCI and JER aircraft are scheduled to arrive.
The Nutts Mutts is offline  
Old 8th Jul 2020, 20:05
  #227 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: In the real world.
Posts: 590
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The new scheme looks rather good I think..


Jerbourg is offline  
Old 8th Jul 2020, 20:28
  #228 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Belfast
Posts: 695
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very smart
Alteagod is offline  
Old 8th Jul 2020, 20:36
  #229 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: jersey
Age: 73
Posts: 1,393
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Nutts Mutts View Post
Looking at the timings, one aircraft appears to be based at SOU with a departure to Manchester at 0730, which is before the GCI and JER aircraft are scheduled to arrive.
According to Channel TV, they are basing one a/c in Southampton. Small beginnings ?
kcockayne is offline  
Old 8th Jul 2020, 21:20
  #230 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Guernsey
Posts: 86
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will be interesting to see how they go up against Eastern from Southampton to Dublin and Manchester.

Looking at Guernsey - Southampton both Blue Islands and Aurigny have their schedules as one early morning rotation and one late evening rotation with the flights within 15 minutes of each other, not a total surprise but at the same time shame there is nothing in the middle (but then again who knows if we will be open borders by then)
KindaUnstuck is offline  
Old 8th Jul 2020, 21:34
  #231 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: jersey
Age: 73
Posts: 1,393
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think that AUR are going to have the Guernsey-Southampton route to themselves.
kcockayne is offline  
Old 9th Jul 2020, 12:54
  #232 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Nuweiba
Posts: 64
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Jerbourg View Post
The new scheme looks rather good I think..
Indeed... just surprised that the SoJ missed a trick and did not get BI to write "Jersey" at the rear of the aircraft ! 🤣
Nuweiba is offline  
Old 9th Jul 2020, 15:07
  #233 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BIRMINGHAM
Age: 60
Posts: 59
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rumours on a local spotting thread of Blue Island launching BHX to Exeter. Not sure if this is correct , it seems an odd route ,but who knows ?
MARK 101 is offline  
Old 9th Jul 2020, 16:36
  #234 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 760
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MARK 101 View Post
Rumours on a local spotting thread of Blue Island launching BHX to Exeter. Not sure if this is correct , it seems an odd route ,but who knows ?
Unlikely with such regular trains. BHX & EXT maybe?
caaardiff is offline  
Old 9th Jul 2020, 16:53
  #235 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: birmingham uk
Posts: 128
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EXT BHX

JEA used to operate twice daily with the flying shed, loads used to be on 20ís. I remember local paper had an article on fly drive holidays & this route was included.

QUOTE=caaardiff;10833093]Unlikely with such regular trains. BHX & EXT maybe?[/QUOTE]
simoncorbett is offline  
Old 9th Jul 2020, 17:32
  #236 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Southampton, U.K
Posts: 1,230
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Bases

Reading through the press releases it seems to indicate the following.

EXT

- Initial 3x weekly JER and daily MAN served by JER and SOU based aircraft from 31st Aug.
- Plan to base a single aircraft 'in the next few months' once demand improves.
- I expect this will operate a more business friendly MAN schedule (2x-3x daily eventually?) with room for another route or two in between.
- Considering they are starting SOU-DUB I imagine EXT-DUB may be considered for this, but you never know they may even consider CDG or AMS if they can get slots.
- I expect JER will also increase to something closer to a daily flight assuming the recovery remains ok into next summer.


SOU

-
1 based ATR72 from 31st Aug, JER/GCI both operate ~2x daily on away based aircraft. SOU aircraft initially operates daily MAN flight (inc. w-pattern to EXT) and 4x weekly DUB flight.
- Plan to add a second aircraft once demand improves - EXT gaining its own aircraft will also allow for an extra flight as well.
- Slot applications for 3x daily MAN and 2x daily DUB over the winter indicate where a chunk of this capacity is likely directed at.
- Still ~3 daily gaps in the schedule, so could be more routes considered further down the line (again CDG, AMS although I think these are unlikely?). Alternative could be the aircraft operate extra JER/GCI flights in between.
- Added factor of competition from Eastern on MAN and DUB routes. Eastern have a much better schedule to MAN from the start of Sept with 3x daily (1x Sat/Sun) service planned, also on a based ATR72. Eastern DUB schedule is currently 6x weekly so not so much difference there.
adfly is offline  
Old 9th Jul 2020, 17:56
  #237 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 756
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by adfly View Post
Reading through the press releases it seems to indicate the following.

EXT

- Initial 3x weekly JER and daily MAN served by JER and SOU based aircraft from 31st Aug.
- Plan to base a single aircraft 'in the next few months' once demand improves.
- I expect this will operate a more business friendly MAN schedule (2x-3x daily eventually?) with room for another route or two in between.
- Considering they are starting SOU-DUB I imagine EXT-DUB may be considered for this, but you never know they may even consider CDG or AMS if they can get slots.
- I expect JER will also increase to something closer to a daily flight assuming the recovery remains ok into next summer.


SOU

-
1 based ATR72 from 31st Aug, JER/GCI both operate ~2x daily on away based aircraft. SOU aircraft initially operates daily MAN flight (inc. w-pattern to EXT) and 4x weekly DUB flight.
- Plan to add a second aircraft once demand improves - EXT gaining its own aircraft will also allow for an extra flight as well.
- Slot applications for 3x daily MAN and 2x daily DUB over the winter indicate where a chunk of this capacity is likely directed at.
- Still ~3 daily gaps in the schedule, so could be more routes considered further down the line (again CDG, AMS although I think these are unlikely?). Alternative could be the aircraft operate extra JER/GCI flights in between.
- Added factor of competition from Eastern on MAN and DUB routes. Eastern have a much better schedule to MAN from the start of Sept with 3x daily (1x Sat/Sun) service planned, also on a based ATR72. Eastern DUB schedule is currently 6x weekly so not so much difference there.
Frequencies at SOU increasing nicely with core routes being filled minus AMS/CDG, just need bums on seats now!
stewyb is offline  
Old 9th Jul 2020, 18:57
  #238 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Manchester
Posts: 48
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Reminds me a lot of Aegean's new livery, very smart and modern look
LFC22 is offline  
Old 9th Jul 2020, 19:17
  #239 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Belfast
Posts: 695
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe they will pick up the old BE EXT BHD. Did well in Summer months for BE, a bit hit or miss in winter though.
Alteagod is offline  
Old 9th Jul 2020, 19:52
  #240 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,158
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why would the States prop up Blue Islands if the airline spends money on launching stuff like EXT-MAN...? Do they expect these routes to become, against all odds and contrary to conventional wisdom, cash cows instead of bottomless pits?
virginblue is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.