Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

TUI Airways

Old 16th Jul 2020, 13:42
  #1861 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London
Posts: 275
Not Tui when they have thousands of pounds of my cash for a holiday they could operate and I can’t get hold of them for a refund. This despite sending me a mail 25 days ago telling me they would refund me 15 days later or at least tell me when they would refund me. They have not covered themselves in glory during this crisis. J2 also got their customers home, answer their phones and refund in a timely way (borne out by a Which survey). I know where my cash will go next time.
TOM100 is offline  
Old 16th Jul 2020, 14:46
  #1862 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 62
Posts: 237
Originally Posted by TOM100 View Post
Not Tui when they have thousands of pounds of my cash for a holiday they could operate and I can’t get hold of them for a refund. This despite sending me a mail 25 days ago telling me they would refund me 15 days later or at least tell me when they would refund me. They have not covered themselves in glory during this crisis. J2 also got their customers home, answer their phones and refund in a timely way (borne out by a Which survey). I know where my cash will go next time.
Whilst I repect your choice, TUI have been fantastic with my booking which was cancelled. I found a store that was open and they rebooked everything giving me the 20% incentive to re-book. Let's face it TUI did not cause this pandemic and all companies deal with things differently. TUI have been great with me in the past, lets hope they have a future because there are not many companies left you can book package holidays with. I know people who have booked holidays with seperate airlines and hotels and are still fighting to get anything back.

My choice is not to book things separately because of that reason, maybe I am old school but I have always relied on the security of package holidays.
helipixman is offline  
Old 17th Jul 2020, 11:39
  #1863 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: London
Posts: 275
Originally Posted by helipixman View Post
Whilst I repect your choice, TUI have been fantastic with my booking which was cancelled. I found a store that was open and they rebooked everything giving me the 20% incentive to re-book. Let's face it TUI did not cause this pandemic and all companies deal with things differently. TUI have been great with me in the past, lets hope they have a future because there are not many companies left you can book package holidays with. I know people who have booked holidays with seperate airlines and hotels and are still fighting to get anything back.

My choice is not to book things separately because of that reason, maybe I am old school but I have always relied on the security of package holidays.
Sadly, not my experience. I also gave them the benefit of the doubt when my holiday in May was cancelled and took the 20% incentive and rebooked for July (a risk I know). What has frustrated me is that I want to rebook with Jet2 and I have been trying for nearly a month to get a refund from TUI. I appreciate this is not of their making but I am a strong believer that how a company deals with their customers when things go wrong demonstrates if they are truly customer centric. Their actions show they just want to hold on to people’s money as long as they can and ABTA seem pretty toothless at the moment. On the other hand I know Jet2 we’re answering their phones and providing refunds in a timely manner. I just expected more from the ‘World’s largest travel company’. I will just vote with my feet. Obviously I am pleased your experience was good - mine most definitely has not been.
TOM100 is offline  
Old 17th Jul 2020, 13:31
  #1864 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 62
Posts: 237
TOM100

I feel for you with your situation and you are quite right to vote with your feet and try elswhere. As you say Jet2 seem to playing fair with people (an airline I have yet to fly with)

Maybe to speed up your refund have you got one of the TUI Superstores nearby ? we got ours sorted immediately by the staff in the shop. As my local TUI shops in a shopping centre is indoors they for some reason still not re-opened. I travelled approx 30 miles to the nearest superstore (In a retail park) knowing it was open and as I say they did everything straight away, even offered us the refund but we wanted to re-book. It was well worth the 60 miles round trip. No more waiting for emails, no more phone calls, can just relax and chill to next year for the holiday. I worked at Edinburgh Airport for a while and both the crews for TUI and Jet2 were great maybe its the people higher up causing the problems.

I hope you get yours sorted soon
Helipixman
helipixman is offline  
Old 17th Jul 2020, 21:51
  #1865 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Under the flight path
Posts: 2,339
My local TUI shop is staffed, but not open to the public!
LGS6753 is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2020, 00:56
  #1866 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Spain and Gibraltar
Posts: 74
TUI unreachable

As a TUI, First Choice customer for many years I do not understand why they do not have a customer service email address!
My Jamaica vacation in April was cancelled and an amended (FOC) vacation was arranged. However at the time the phone operative had to correct her mistake that gave me £100 discount.
Now TUI are demanding payment for this erroneous amount.
I have an email receipt from TUI with a zero balance.
I'm not a UK resident so hanging on to their standard rate number from abroad costs a fortune,
Emails to their head offices in Germany go unanswered.
Unless someone can furnish me with a UK email contact address, TUI can go whistle for their erroneous 100 quid.
Nil by mouth is online now  
Old 18th Jul 2020, 08:06
  #1867 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: The EU
Posts: 371
Not quite sure what people are trying to achieve with post after post complaining about stores and refunds on a pilots forum? Maybe try Facebook or somewhere where somebody might care?
Vokes55 is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2020, 09:25
  #1868 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: berkshire
Age: 72
Posts: 15
The Percy Prune forum is totally applicable in my case. I've received no communication from the company re cancelled holiday, except my email address received a message from the TUI CEO to my grandaughter encouraging her to book for 2021. She is eleven-years-old and known to TUI because we took her on holiday with uslast year. That pilots are assumed not to care about their company losing the goodwill of their longterm customers says a lot.
zoomboy is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2020, 10:35
  #1869 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 810
I really couldn’t give a monkeys uncle about other people’s issues with refunds or rebooking issues to be quite frank. There are plenty of other platforms and forums for those to be aired without having to fill the threads here with moans and groans no matter how justified they may be.
Cloud1 is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2020, 10:37
  #1870 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 810
Originally Posted by zoomboy View Post
The Percy Prune forum is totally applicable in my case. I've received no communication from the company re cancelled holiday, except my email address received a message from the TUI CEO to my grandaughter encouraging her to book for 2021. She is eleven-years-old and known to TUI because we took her on holiday with uslast year. That pilots are assumed not to care about their company losing the goodwill of their longterm customers says a lot.
There are plenty of non TUI staff on here so let’s not go down the “TUI Pilots don’t care because they don’t deal with or reply to my issues on PPRuNe” road.


Cloud1 is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2020, 11:03
  #1871 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 705
Originally Posted by zoomboy View Post
The Percy Prune forum is totally applicable in my case. I've received no communication from the company re cancelled holiday, except my email address received a message from the TUI CEO to my grandaughter encouraging her to book for 2021. She is eleven-years-old and known to TUI because we took her on holiday with uslast year. That pilots are assumed not to care about their company losing the goodwill of their longterm customers says a lot.
Let's not forget there is a passenger section on PPRuNe for things like this.
This particular part of PPRuNe is for the Airline side of things, not the holiday part of the company.
caaardiff is offline  
Old 18th Jul 2020, 12:07
  #1872 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: IoM & Luton
Age: 56
Posts: 2,049
As the poster talks about TUI and First Choice I assume the booking is for a holiday, thus contract is with holiday company not airline so how can a pilot in fear of his/her job help? I agree this is an inappropriate medium to ask such questions and should be moved SLF section.
On the other hand a 1 min google gets me the email address of the CEO and other board members which I personally would try, along with some advise of how to write such an email.
At then end of the day everyone is fighting to save jobs in an ever changing market and I wish anyone luck in getting a timely response from any customer service department currently.

pabely is online now  
Old 18th Jul 2020, 12:21
  #1873 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Scotland
Posts: 138
One fact that people are missing is that companies actively tell their employees not to respond to company related matters on social media. Not just tui, most companies.

To add balance ive family members/friends who've had massive issues getting money back from BA, TUI and Jet2 (a 6 week + battle) and other friends who've found it a breeze and couldn't be more complimentary. All travel companies have had to adapt to do something they've never had to do before in mass cancellations and refunds.

Last edited by Yeehaw22; 18th Jul 2020 at 13:25.
Yeehaw22 is online now  
Old 18th Jul 2020, 18:27
  #1874 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Derby
Posts: 42
TUI are active on social media, putting your query on Facebook or Twitter is more likely to elicit the response you require. I know there are long wait times if you call the company because the agents are busy ringing out to customers with upcoming holidays to advise them of changes.
double-oscar is offline  
Old 20th Jul 2020, 00:11
  #1875 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: STANSTED & MANCHESTER
Posts: 1,776
Can anyone tell me what Aircraft will be operating, MAN-ACE-MAN, 12 Nov / 19 Nov.
Many thanks in advance.
daz211 is offline  
Old 22nd Jul 2020, 22:46
  #1876 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Manchester
Age: 41
Posts: 50
Originally Posted by Yeehaw22 View Post
At present (so very much subject to change) remaining 757 fleet to have left over Winter 21. Small fleet remains for summer 21. Believe 767 going winter 21 aswell.
Presume the 75/76 fleet leaving in Winter 21 will pave way for Max frames taking over? Or will the Max be in service by May/Jun/Jul 2021? Can't find anything definitive about Max start-up.

TUI customer service said my flights MAN-LCA are on 757 outbound (BY2418/24Jun) and 737-800 inbound (2701/04Jul).. I asked if this was a B738 or B38M... they don't know was the answer.

Matjr79
matjr79 is offline  
Old 22nd Jul 2020, 23:14
  #1877 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: IoM & Luton
Age: 56
Posts: 2,049
Wall Street Journal thinks from Feb 2021 assuming FAA passes all changes, obvoiusly european regulators might have separate timelines.
pabely is online now  
Old 23rd Jul 2020, 14:52
  #1878 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Doncaster
Age: 38
Posts: 378
It seems TUI have scaled back their winter 20/21 programme, especially from its smaller bases.
DSA was down to have 2 based aircraft for this winter, however now will only have 6 flights per week to 4 destinations which is a considerable decrease.
TimmyW is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2020, 17:42
  #1879 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 482
Originally Posted by TimmyW View Post
It seems TUI have scaled back their winter 20/21 programme, especially from its smaller bases.
DSA was down to have 2 based aircraft for this winter, however now will only have 6 flights per week to 4 destinations which is a considerable decrease.
I wasn’t aware DSA was due to be 2 aircraft in winter but it’s true that there have been cutbacks. The EDI base will not reopen for W20 (2 x weekly TFS only), not sure of others.
ROC10 is offline  
Old 23rd Jul 2020, 17:48
  #1880 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Doncaster
Age: 38
Posts: 378
Originally Posted by ROC10 View Post
I wasn’t aware DSA was due to be 2 aircraft in winter but it’s true that there have been cutbacks. The EDI base will not reopen for W20 (2 x weekly TFS only), not sure of others.
They had announced a big increase for this winter at DSA, with new destinations and increased frequencies.

I wonder how next summer will pan out.
TimmyW is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.