Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Jet2-5

Old 2nd Nov 2019, 13:58
  #1841 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Age: 62
Posts: 380
Originally Posted by ATNotts View Post
I actually interpreted it as the issue being on the transfer between resort and airport, which is why I considered it totally irrelevant to Jet2 (the airline). That of course was an incorrect assumption.
Ah, I see - Well yes seems it was a tarmac prang with buses to/from the plane to the Terminal...I never heard about it until now.
rog747 is offline  
Old 3rd Nov 2019, 12:51
  #1842 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: BHX
Posts: 305
vWill Jet 2 be the Evelop 330 again next year ? Seems to be a nice aircraft .
Brigantee is offline  
Old 3rd Nov 2019, 13:11
  #1843 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: stockport
Posts: 169
Thought they were getting the other Air Tanker machine to be based at Manchester
chaps1954 is offline  
Old 3rd Nov 2019, 13:20
  #1844 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: BHX
Posts: 305
Talking to a jet 2. bod he said they may have up to 4 x 330 aircraft next year!
Brigantee is offline  
Old 3rd Nov 2019, 21:48
  #1845 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: london
Posts: 106
Looks like LSAG had a fun night.

been circling off the coast of TFS for about 2 hours now. Not got any higher than 7000ft
nowhereasfiled is offline  
Old 3rd Nov 2019, 22:50
  #1846 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 377
Originally Posted by nowhereasfiled View Post
Looks like LSAG had a fun night.

been circling off the coast of TFS for about 2 hours now. Not got any higher than 7000ft
Wow that does not look good...

FR24 seems to suggest this was a revenue flight. Perhaps a (not too serious) problem was detected after take off and this was a fuel-burning exercise before returning to TFS? They mustíve been dizzy after that!
ROC10 is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2019, 05:51
  #1847 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Age: 62
Posts: 380
Simple answer - No fuel dump on the 757 however IIRC it was certified to land back at Max Take-off Weight and therefore has no need for fuel dump facilities.

A320 family - ditto.
rog747 is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2019, 16:09
  #1848 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Posts: 246
You are quite correct: no dump in the 75. Also the 75, as are most aircraft, certified to land at Max TOW. However it would require an overweight land check. So why no burn down to landing weight? Better still IMO, no knowing the facts, steam North and land in Malaga. Closer to Blighty, easier repat if bad tech problem?
Ivan aromer is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2019, 16:31
  #1849 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 1,345
Going by Jethro's website the first two A321 will be ex TCX G-TCVC & G-TCVD which are at Lasham.
BFS BHD is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2019, 17:46
  #1850 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Uk
Posts: 196
Originally Posted by BFS BHD View Post
Going by Jethro's website the first two A321 will be ex TCX G-TCVC & G-TCVD which are at Lasham.
you would then assume VA and VB would follow
azz767 is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2019, 18:20
  #1851 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: big green wheely bin
Posts: 647
Originally Posted by Ivan aromer View Post
You are quite correct: no dump in the 75. Also the 75, as are most aircraft, certified to land at Max TOW. However it would require an overweight land check. So why no burn down to landing weight? Better still IMO, no knowing the facts, steam North and land in Malaga. Closer to Blighty, easier repat if bad tech problem?
That would be a decision made in conjunction with operations and maintenance. There may be a reason they wanted it to stay in TFS.
Jonty is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2019, 18:24
  #1852 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: LEEDS
Posts: 828
It's quite likely the ex-Thomas Cook aircraft will be re-registered before they enter service with Jet2. Possible sequence could be JZA*, if it hasn't already been allocated.
Mooncrest is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2019, 18:55
  #1853 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: uk
Age: 59
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by ROC10 View Post


Wow that does not look good...

FR24 seems to suggest this was a revenue flight. Perhaps a (not too serious) problem was detected after take off and this was a fuel-burning exercise before returning to TFS? They mustíve been dizzy after that!
G-LSAA just landed at Leeds with Pax,G-LSAG still on ground in TFS,everyone put up in hotels overnight.
Ironside0 is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2019, 19:50
  #1854 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 231
Originally Posted by Mooncrest View Post
It's quite likely the ex-Thomas Cook aircraft will be re-registered before they enter service with Jet2. Possible sequence could be JZA*, if it hasn't already been allocated.
They WILL be re-registered when they move to Jet2, as are most aircraft when they move to other operators.
garry8g is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2019, 20:31
  #1855 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: EGGW
Posts: 1,983
If the first two listed A321 are correct then it will be a surprise as it will mean A321's with a mix of both V2500 & CFM engines, if they are going to all come from TCX.
Jethro's is an excellent web site, which l have submitted info to over the years, but remember it is only as good as the info he is given, very difficult for him to know 100% if that info is correct.
Mr @ Spotty M is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2019, 20:52
  #1856 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: london
Posts: 106
None of the ex-ZB Airbuses are going to Jet2.

The first 6 are TCDD, DP, DE, DK, DB, DG all from storage Shannon.
nowhereasfiled is offline  
Old 4th Nov 2019, 21:24
  #1857 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 231
Originally Posted by nowhereasfiled View Post
None of the ex-ZB Airbuses are going to Jet2.

The first 6 are TCDD, DP, DE, DK, DB, DG all from storage Shannon.
DE is in Lake City, Florida, so it won't be that one. So it could be the other 5 plus the 2 ex-ZB A321's. (If you say they are not going to Jet2, what's your source?)

Last edited by garry8g; 4th Nov 2019 at 22:02.
garry8g is offline  
Old 5th Nov 2019, 06:44
  #1858 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Behind a desk, dreaming of the sky
Posts: 517
Originally Posted by Mooncrest View Post
It's quite likely the ex-Thomas Cook aircraft will be re-registered before they enter service with Jet2. Possible sequence could be JZA*, if it hasn't already been allocated.
Agree with the G-JZ part, but the A* range has already been taken up with the G-LSA* range, Can imagine from an ops and maintenance perspective have two different aircraft called Alpha Alpha would be confusing

Plenty of others to choose from though. Jet2 owned reg's currently start with A, B, F, H, L and T
W is also out, as they lease these from Titan
That leaves upto 19 different options
Plane.Silly is offline  
Old 5th Nov 2019, 07:01
  #1859 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 1999
Location: big green wheely bin
Posts: 647
Originally Posted by garry8g View Post
DE is in Lake City, Florida, so it won't be that one. So it could be the other 5 plus the 2 ex-ZB A321's. (If you say they are not going to Jet2, what's your source?)
It could of course be flown back.
I think itís out there for repainting.
Jonty is offline  
Old 5th Nov 2019, 07:17
  #1860 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: somewhere
Posts: 15
With TUI announcing that they are going to fly into Melbourne (MLB) in Florida rather than Sanford from 2022 would this have any bearing if Jet2 decided to start to fly to MCO?
stonejo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.