Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Jet2-5

Old 15th Jan 2020, 07:35
  #2081 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 71
Originally Posted by irishlad06 View Post
Looks like in May there will be for BHX the below leased aircraft.

2X Smartlynx A321s
1 x Titan A321 (218seats)
1 x Titan B757 - GPOWH

Titan looks to have 5 x A321s operating for Jet2 this year. 4 in STN plus this one in BHX. Not sure how long it stays for but looking at the end of May and July it is still operating.
Might see SmartLynx YL-LCV again. Did us proud in 2019 - our flights anyway.😀
Flying Hi is offline  
Old 15th Jan 2020, 12:50
  #2082 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Ilmington, Warwickshire
Posts: 84
Originally Posted by Gurnard View Post
Yes - 6 more are to enter service, the first currently being painted at BOH. Look out for G-DRTR, 'TM, 'TL, 'TP, 'TY and 'TZ.
Thank you. Ive got a B737 TR relative who is keen to join Jet2 following a recommendation by a friend who is already onboard and loving it. Wed heard that recruitment for Boeing had been put on hold for the time being, so maybe this might be their opportunity to apply.
BehindBlueEyes is online now  
Old 15th Jan 2020, 14:50
  #2083 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Out of a bag
Posts: 554
Originally Posted by BehindBlueEyes View Post
Thank you. Ive got a B737 TR relative who is keen to join Jet2 following a recommendation by a friend who is already onboard and loving it. Wed heard that recruitment for Boeing had been put on hold for the time being, so maybe this might be their opportunity to apply.
Unlikely. Boeing recruitment is on hold for the time being with the adverts removed from the Jet2Careers website. Focus is understandably on the Airbus introduction. With a lower attrition rate than forecast on the Boeing, the "new" 737-800 aircraft are already accounted for with crewing numbers. The situation can and does change, so your relative should keep an eye out on the website.
Flying Wild is offline  
Old 15th Jan 2020, 15:01
  #2084 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 628
When jet2 use the Titan and Smartlynx aircraft, are the cabin crew from jet2 who operate on the aircraft ??? or does the cabin crew come from titan and smartlynx, i know that the
flight deck belong to titan and smartlynx but wasn't sure of the cabin crew situation.
fjencl is offline  
Old 15th Jan 2020, 15:48
  #2085 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Either the back of a sim, or wherever Crewing send me.
Posts: 938
fjencl

On the long term (summer season) leases the CC are Jet2s own cabin crew trained to fly on those leased aeroplanes, if the lease is short term then it is too big an undertaking to train crews, however Jet2 place some of their own cabin crew onboard as reps to assist with the service and to maintain the brand.
Johnny F@rt Pants is offline  
Old 15th Jan 2020, 15:59
  #2086 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: EGCC
Age: 70
Posts: 955
Originally Posted by Johnny [email protected] Pants View Post
On the long term (summer season) leases the CC are Jet2s own cabin crew trained to fly on those leased aeroplanes, if the lease is short term then it is too big an undertaking to train crews, however Jet2 place some of their own cabin crew onboard as reps to assist with the service and to maintain the brand.
As somebody who no longer flies very often, but was in the travel industry for all of my working life, can I Just say that Jet2 appear to have got not only their marketing but also the staffing and ambassadorial roles perfected.
Scottie Dog is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2020, 11:16
  #2087 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Co
Posts: 23
Jet2.com in winter 2020/21 season is adjusting service to Newark, which sees the airline expands service from Manchester and Newcastle. Planned seasonal limited-time service as of 14JAN20 as follows.

Leeds/Bradford Newark Decrease from 4 flights in 4Q19 to 3 flights in 4Q20, 757-200 operating
Manchester Newark Increase from 6 flights in 4Q19 to 14 flights in 4Q20. Operations from Manchester with A330-200 as follows
27NOV20 04DEC20 Day x246
07DEC20 18DEC20 Day x246
22DEC20 28DEC20 Day 12

Newcastle Newark Increase from 4 flights in 4Q19 to 5 flights in 4Q20, A330-200 operating

The airline will continue to operate 1 round-trip flight each for Glasgow Newark and East Midlands Newark with A330-200, in 4Q20.

Previously reported:
Birmingham Newark Service resumption since 4Q17, 3 round-trip flights with A330-200 in 4Q20
irishlad06 is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2020, 11:35
  #2088 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Britain
Posts: 12
Originally Posted by irishlad06 View Post
Jet2.com in winter 2020/21 season is adjusting service to Newark, which sees the airline expands service from Manchester and Newcastle. Planned seasonal limited-time service as of 14JAN20 as follows.

Leeds/Bradford – Newark Decrease from 4 flights in 4Q19 to 3 flights in 4Q20, 757-200 operating
Manchester – Newark Increase from 6 flights in 4Q19 to 14 flights in 4Q20. Operations from Manchester with A330-200 as follows
27NOV20 – 04DEC20 Day x246
07DEC20 – 18DEC20 Day x246
22DEC20 – 28DEC20 Day 12

Newcastle – Newark Increase from 4 flights in 4Q19 to 5 flights in 4Q20, A330-200 operating

The airline will continue to operate 1 round-trip flight each for Glasgow – Newark and East Midlands – Newark with A330-200, in 4Q20.

Previously reported:
Birmingham – Newark Service resumption since 4Q17, 3 round-trip flights with A330-200 in 4Q20
I wouldn't be surprised if the EWR flights were eventually introduced as a year-round offering, maybe once the new terminal at LBA is complete and can handle the A332 and PAX - just my opinion.
Be a good chap is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2020, 14:47
  #2089 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 231
Titan to replace both B757-200's with A321LR's by Autumn 2020.

https://www.flightglobal.com/fleets/...136208.article

I wonder if we will see these in operation for Jet2?

garry8g is offline  
Old 20th Jan 2020, 08:30
  #2090 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Derby
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by Scottie Dog View Post
As somebody who no longer flies very often, but was in the travel industry for all of my working life, can I Just say that Jet2 appear to have got not only their marketing but also the staffing and ambassadorial roles perfected.
As someone who works for Jet2, we hear things like this a lot and I can tell you its always absolutely lovely to hear that our efforts at work are appreciated by the passengers who travel with us. They put a lot of resources into making sure they have the right staff and encouraging staff to go out of their way to provide excellent customer service.
GCELY is offline  
Old 20th Jan 2020, 09:44
  #2091 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Wolverhampton
Posts: 71
Not intending this to be a Jet2 Love In but just try changing your holiday Destination on a pre-booked Holiday. A nightmare scenario for some companies, no can do for some, but Jet2 did this for us with great aplomb. Superb training has to be the key AND a real, tangible wish to help the Customer out of his self created muddle.
Flying Hi is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2020, 08:03
  #2092 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Birmingham - UK
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by Flying Hi View Post
Not intending this to be a Jet2 Love In but just try changing your holiday Destination on a pre-booked Holiday. A nightmare scenario for some companies, no can do for some, but Jet2 did this for us with great aplomb. Superb training has to be the key AND a real, tangible wish to help the Customer out of his self created muddle.
Off topic I know this isn't the SLF forum but wish I could share the same sentiment. First booking as SLF with Jet2 given the now huge local presence in BHX this year, having previously been loyal to the winking blue tail for many years. Only for Jet2 to deal us an almost 6 hour flight schedule change putting our inbound arrival time to 2am (on the first day of term following half term). Obviously not wanting to keep the mini Xanda's out of school the following day I call to explore my options of which I am told there are non. All within the T&C's (I know I agreed to them before anyone mentions it) and classed as a minor change and all I'm offered is cancellation at the loss of deposit or change to a different day at 700 more thanks to the ludicrous way 'out of term time' package deals are priced within the UK.

Just makes me wonder why they chose to publish a flight schedule and take bookings seemingly knowing that the slots weren't confirmed. Either way it seems the only winner in my situation is the airline as they either bag 300 for the cancellation or an extra 700 in date changes as these minor changes make significant impacts on SLF booking decisions.
xanda_man is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2020, 10:13
  #2093 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Co
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by xanda_man View Post
Off topic I know this isn't the SLF forum but wish I could share the same sentiment. First booking as SLF with Jet2 given the now huge local presence in BHX this year, having previously been loyal to the winking blue tail for many years. Only for Jet2 to deal us an almost 6 hour flight schedule change putting our inbound arrival time to 2am (on the first day of term following half term). Obviously not wanting to keep the mini Xanda's out of school the following day I call to explore my options of which I am told there are non. All within the T&C's (I know I agreed to them before anyone mentions it) and classed as a minor change and all I'm offered is cancellation at the loss of deposit or change to a different day at 700 more thanks to the ludicrous way 'out of term time' package deals are priced within the UK.

Just makes me wonder why they chose to publish a flight schedule and take bookings seemingly knowing that the slots weren't confirmed. Either way it seems the only winner in my situation is the airline as they either bag 300 for the cancellation or an extra 700 in date changes as these minor changes make significant impacts on SLF booking decisions.
the problem is scheduled are released 18months in advance but yet slot handback for Summer 20 schedule doesnt happen until Jan20. Also the aircraft might have been scheduled to only fly two sectors that day initially but because of the TCX issue capacity is being added resulting in all aircraft/most aircraft doing 4 sectors every day therefore resulting in minor schedule changes.
irishlad06 is offline  
Old 21st Jan 2020, 10:31
  #2094 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Wirral
Posts: 31
Irish,

I think what Xanda is saying is that, to us mere passengers, a 6 hour schedule change isn’t a minor change - even when notified weeks or months in advance.
ScouseGeordie is offline  
Old 22nd Jan 2020, 15:41
  #2095 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: york
Posts: 73
Could i ask how much notice you were given?
Are you talking about the next half term|?
I cannot see a slot not being available being the reason.

tiger
castleford tiger is offline  
Old 22nd Jan 2020, 22:37
  #2096 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Warwickshire
Posts: 63
Originally Posted by xanda_man View Post
Off topic I know this isn't the SLF forum but wish I could share the same sentiment. First booking as SLF with Jet2 given the now huge local presence in BHX this year, having previously been loyal to the winking blue tail for many years. Only for Jet2 to deal us an almost 6 hour flight schedule change putting our inbound arrival time to 2am (on the first day of term following half term). Obviously not wanting to keep the mini Xanda's out of school the following day I call to explore my options of which I am told there are non. All within the T&C's (I know I agreed to them before anyone mentions it) and classed as a minor change and all I'm offered is cancellation at the loss of deposit or change to a different day at 700 more thanks to the ludicrous way 'out of term time' package deals are priced within the UK.

Just makes me wonder why they chose to publish a flight schedule and take bookings seemingly knowing that the slots weren't confirmed. Either way it seems the only winner in my situation is the airline as they either bag 300 for the cancellation or an extra 700 in date changes as these minor changes make significant impacts on SLF booking decisions.
Would that now be the Sunday 16:15 departure to Dalaman, arriving back Monday morning at 02:05? - Because Jet 2 are now planning on using more A321s, they have changed a few former B738 flights to the A321, hence having had to change flight times to accomodate the larger A321 in the schedules.
Matt995 is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2020, 09:01
  #2097 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Birmingham - UK
Posts: 56
Regarding the above, as ScouseG mentioned my main gripe was that the time change does not (as SLF) equate to a minor change, this especially when you factor in the other things I mentioned like pushing the arrival post midnight. It was also customer services who made it quite clear I had no options and nothing could be done apart from pay to change or stick with it and take the little ones out of school for the day. This is for the end of May half term so we have been given plenty of notice. We have now changed to different days at a cost albeit still cheaper than the winking smiley group overall so Jet2 still get my custom.

Apologies I made an assumption it was a slot thing, it looks likely that this was down to the Airbus' coming in to the fleet and moving things around to accommodate but in all honesty I have no idea.

xanda_man is offline  
Old 23rd Jan 2020, 21:01
  #2098 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Somewhere
Age: 37
Posts: 209

G-DRTL on the apron in MAN today before having a lick of paint.
redED is online now  
Old 24th Jan 2020, 14:30
  #2099 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Leicestershire
Age: 34
Posts: 59
Anyone know yet where the new ex TCX group A321's are likely to be based?
valefan16 is offline  
Old 24th Jan 2020, 14:40
  #2100 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Co
Posts: 23
3 x BHX
4 x MAN
irishlad06 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.