Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Edinburgh-3

Old 29th Nov 2019, 11:37
  #1541 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: edinburgh
Age: 52
Posts: 13
Edi

According to the TUI flight schedule looks like departing morning and arriving back in the evening.

Still over a year away, lots may happen before then, and with Brexit there may have to be some sort of international departures, or checking of passports customs leaving the UK
tictack67 is online now  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 12:55
  #1542 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 279
Originally Posted by tictack67 View Post
According to the TUI flight schedule looks like departing morning and arriving back in the evening.

Still over a year away, lots may happen before then, and with Brexit there may have to be some sort of international departures, or checking of passports customs leaving the UK
Iím assuming youíre responding to the poster suggesting that a 757 could be used on a W-pattern? This will not happen, especially not on such a long route. TUI have no good reason to bring the 757 in for this route and Iím failing to see where this idea is coming from frankly. The based aircraft was going to be idle anyway so it makes no sense.
ROC10 is online now  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 13:31
  #1543 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,184
AIRC FlyGlobespan flew the route, but I've forgotten what a/c?
inOban is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 15:36
  #1544 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Falkirk
Posts: 113
Originally Posted by ROC10 View Post


Iím assuming youíre responding to the poster suggesting that a 757 could be used on a W-pattern? This will not happen, especially not on such a long route. TUI have no good reason to bring the 757 in for this route and Iím failing to see where this idea is coming from frankly. The based aircraft was going to be idle anyway so it makes no sense.
Steady on ROC10, no need for that tone with me pal. I was only asking if the TUI 738 was able to to fly the new route to Egypt or if they would need to bring in an alternative. The question was answered by others already, was not aware the 738 used to fly the route before. Someone else brought up the W route suggestion.
Sk1schoolsam is offline  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 16:32
  #1545 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 279
Originally Posted by Sk1schoolsam View Post


Steady on ROC10, no need for that tone with me pal. I was only asking if the TUI 738 was able to to fly the new route to Egypt or if they would need to bring in an alternative. The question was answered by others already, was not aware the 738 used to fly the route before. Someone else brought up the W route suggestion.
Apologies, youíve misunderstood, I was referring to the poster suggesting the W-pattern, not you. As you say, the matter has been discussed.
ROC10 is online now  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 19:33
  #1546 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: edinburgh
Age: 52
Posts: 13
Originally Posted by ROC10 View Post


Iím assuming youíre responding to the poster suggesting that a 757 could be used on a W-pattern? This will not happen, especially not on such a long route. TUI have no good reason to bring the 757 in for this route and Iím failing to see where this idea is coming from frankly. The based aircraft was going to be idle anyway so it makes no sense.
Actually I wasn't referring to neither the 757 or the w-patttern, In fact I never mentioned either.

I was merely mentioning departure and arrival times

​​​​​​

Last edited by tictack67; 29th Nov 2019 at 20:09.
tictack67 is online now  
Old 29th Nov 2019, 21:24
  #1547 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LV
Posts: 1,773
Originally Posted by ROC10 View Post
The based aircraft was going to be idle anyway
Whhatt?! an idle EDI aircraft... surely not.
CabinCrewe is offline  
Old 30th Nov 2019, 10:59
  #1548 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 70
Originally Posted by Flightrider View Post
To be fair - a tendency which doesn't come readily to me - both WestJet and Icelandair have applied for slots at EDI for Summer 2020. They both have done so on previous occasions and have not launched services, and there is nothing to suggest that this time will be any different. However, an application for slots by the carriers does at least indicate *some* passing interest in serving the EDI market.
Icelandair is expected to announce "a new destination in Europe" in the coming weeks according to the article below. Time will tell whether it is EDI or one of the doubtless many other airports that they have considered serving.
​​​​​
​​​​https://www.mbl.is/vidskipti/frettir...adur_i_evropu/
tartan 201 is online now  
Old 30th Nov 2019, 11:55
  #1549 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Age: 49
Posts: 992
Originally Posted by tartan 201 View Post
Time will tell whether it is EDI
When you see how the figures rocketed with high summer with budget low cost carriers Wow and EasyJet, then the numbers seem certainly to be there. Where did those pax all go? One wonders why EasyJet chose not to capitalise and fill all the lost capacity.
With EDIs reasonable summer transatlantic profile, does it need another connecting North American operator to dilute?
VickersVicount is offline  
Old 30th Nov 2019, 13:55
  #1550 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: United kingdom
Posts: 213
Originally Posted by tartan 201 View Post
Icelandair is expected to announce "a new destination in Europe" in the coming weeks according to the article below. Time will tell whether it is EDI or one of the doubtless many other airports that they have considered serving.
​​​​​
​​​​https://www.mbl.is/vidskipti/frettir...adur_i_evropu/
Hopefully it's EDI, I did say a few days ago EDI was being looked at by FI and that flights may be announced. Although as previously stated time will tell.
Plane mad 134 is offline  
Old 30th Nov 2019, 14:59
  #1551 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 159
Originally Posted by VickersVicount View Post

When you see how the figures rocketed with high summer with budget low cost carriers Wow and EasyJet, then the numbers seem certainly to be there. Where did those pax all go? One wonders why EasyJet chose not to capitalise and fill all the lost capacity.
With EDIs reasonable summer transatlantic profile, does it need another connecting North American operator to dilute?
Icelandair aren't a North American operator.

Yes, they operate to North America, but they aren't North American.
sinbad73 is offline  
Old 30th Nov 2019, 15:18
  #1552 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: London, UK
Posts: 386
Just thought I’d point out my post number 1065 on March 28th on this thread.
willy wombat is online now  
Old 30th Nov 2019, 17:08
  #1553 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: UK
Age: 49
Posts: 992
Originally Posted by sinbad73 View Post
Icelandair aren't a North American operator.

Yes, they operate to North America, but they aren't North American.
They 'operate' to North America... I presumed that was clear, obviously not...
I don't think anyone ever suggested Icelandair (which we all know is a European island nation) were North American
VickersVicount is offline  
Old 30th Nov 2019, 18:49
  #1554 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 159
Originally Posted by VickersVicount View Post

They 'operate' to North America... I presumed that was clear, obviously not...
I don't think anyone ever suggested Icelandair (which we all know is a European island nation) were North American
Glad you've realised your error.
sinbad73 is offline  
Old 4th Dec 2019, 10:00
  #1555 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: United kingdom
Posts: 213
Jet2 to Lisbon has not been announced, they pulled out last minute due to fleet capacity next summer. They want to focus on BHX, MAN and STN. Its a good decision though as they would have been struggling against Ryanair and EasyJet.
Plane mad 134 is offline  
Old 4th Dec 2019, 10:50
  #1556 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 1,178
They never had any plans to operate EDI-LIS! Why are you making this stuff up?
Flightrider is offline  
Old 4th Dec 2019, 14:59
  #1557 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Scotland
Posts: 39
Originally Posted by Plane mad 134 View Post
Jet2 to Lisbon has not been announced, they pulled out last minute due to fleet capacity next summer. They want to focus on BHX, MAN and STN. Its a good decision though as they would have been struggling against Ryanair and EasyJet.
Source please.
ld0595 is online now  
Old 4th Dec 2019, 16:35
  #1558 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: United kingdom
Posts: 213
Originally Posted by ld0595 View Post
Source please.
I heard it from an anonymous source who has told me about some airlines before they announced any routes, Jet2 was on the cards for Lisbon but not anymore.

I know of several other news but I won't be saying those.

In other news Delta will be using premium heavy 757 on the JFK and BOS, maybe in the future this will turn into a 767, thus the reason more premium seats as the demand is there. Source for this was the Delta seat maps.
Plane mad 134 is offline  
Old 4th Dec 2019, 19:24
  #1559 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 525
Originally Posted by willy wombat View Post
I have a question re EDI stand planning. I frequently use EZY from/to LGW and the flights frequently use gates 2/3/4. Yesterday afternoon the LGW was on gate 3 and the BRS on gate 2. Not only does this lead to loads of congestion as the arriving pax try to push past the pax queuing for departure (and yesterday the LGW and BRS queues got totally mixed up with each other) but it means that arriving pax have to walk the whole length of the departure lounge to get to domestic arrivals. Would it not make more sense to allocate gates nearer to domestic arrivals for these flights? It was not exactly busy yesterday afternoon - plenty of contact stands available. One other point re the EDI terminal - a nasty pinch point has been created between Weatherspoons and Burger King with pax walking in both directions causing congestion. I'm surprised the fire service allows it.
Probably because international arrivals 1 is closed mid week for the winter season. That means domestic flights are more likely to be assigned stands in the cul-de-sac when necessary, as international arrivals are all getting processed through international arrivals 2 on those days. Plus, stand 7 is out of use for the foreseeable, so one domestic stand down which also reduces options.
GoEDI is offline  
Old 4th Dec 2019, 19:32
  #1560 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 525
Originally Posted by Plane mad 134 View Post
I heard it from an anonymous source who has told me about some airlines before they announced any routes, Jet2 was on the cards for Lisbon but not anymore.

I know of several other news but I won't be saying those.

In other news Delta will be using premium heavy 757 on the JFK and BOS, maybe in the future this will turn into a 767, thus the reason more premium seats as the demand is there. Source for this was the Delta seat maps.
What exactly is a premium heavy 757? As far as I'm aware, the international flat bed configured aircraft (75S) all have the same 16 seat capacity?

If it's showing more than 16 seats that would mean a domestic first configured aircraft. I wouldn't class that as a good thing as it's an inferior product that they charge less for, hence normally goes on lower yielding routes.
GoEDI is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.