Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

London City-3

Old 23rd Mar 2020, 17:13
  #301 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Essex
Posts: 1,080
SEN's Amazon flights will probably increase as people shop more online. Three ASL B737s currently based there. I agree that only Derry and AMS will survive on the pax front.
Barling Magna is offline  
Old 24th Mar 2020, 12:05
  #302 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 1998
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,963
Originally Posted by Sotonsean View Post
As much as it be a huge loss to LCY and for those using the route it won't come as too much of a surprise especially since it went down to a single daily flight with one of the two A318's withdrawn and sold to Titan Airways.
I believe Titan's A318 actually operated BA001 yesterday as I saw it on FR24 routing Shannon-JFK. Can't think of any other reason why it would be doing that.
Groundloop is offline  
Old 24th Mar 2020, 12:32
  #303 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 76
Originally Posted by Groundloop View Post
I believe Titan's A318 actually operated BA001 yesterday as I saw it on FR24 routing Shannon-JFK. Can't think of any other reason why it would be doing that.

It was a charter LTN-SNN-JFK
Teaboy24 is offline  
Old 24th Mar 2020, 14:06
  #304 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 1998
Location: London, UK
Posts: 1,963
Thanks. Teaches me - don't presume anything!
Groundloop is offline  
Old 24th Mar 2020, 18:25
  #305 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BMA
Posts: 567

A Hercules flew into LCY today for training. Perhaps in preparation for the hospital opening at the Excel Centre next week.
BA318 is offline  
Old 24th Mar 2020, 20:43
  #306 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Belfast
Posts: 636
Oh I wud say your spot on
Alteagod is offline  
Old 24th Mar 2020, 21:01
  #307 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 4,592
It's not the first time a Hercules has visited London City - see YouTube for videos of previous occasions if interested
Certainly possible that it's Covid related but perhaps not 100% definite
davidjohnson6 is online now  
Old 24th Mar 2020, 21:39
  #308 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: London Whipsnade Wildlife Park
Posts: 4,691
I'd imagine that the RAF will transfer Covid-19 cases in via this method, thus the training re-familiarisation flight. Or, bringing troops rapidly in to East London?

Last edited by Buster the Bear; 25th Mar 2020 at 00:19.
Buster the Bear is offline  
Old 24th Mar 2020, 23:58
  #309 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Essex
Posts: 1,049
Originally Posted by Buster the Bear View Post
I'd image that the RAF will transfer Covid-19 cases in via this method, thus the training re-familiarisation flight. Or, bringing troops rapidly in to East London?
Really? They paid a visit to LCY a few months ago before the virus caused the first dry throat. They also visited SEN a number of weeks back.

People are dying so thereís no way Iím trying to be smart here. But not every activity is related to the virus.
DC3 Dave is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2020, 00:21
  #310 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: London Whipsnade Wildlife Park
Posts: 4,691
Or it could be that airports, so desperate for cash, are more welcoming to the military?
Buster the Bear is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2020, 09:13
  #311 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Belfast
Posts: 0
Originally Posted by Buster the Bear View Post
Or it could be that airports, so desperate for cash, are more welcoming to the military?
In this case I would say there is no choice.
Startledgrapefruit is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2020, 09:36
  #312 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: BMA
Posts: 567
Originally Posted by DC3 Dave View Post
Really? They paid a visit to LCY a few months ago before the virus caused the first dry throat. They also visited SEN a number of weeks back.

People are dying so thereís no way Iím trying to be smart here. But not every activity is related to the virus.
Iím well aware itís not the first time one has visited. However In other European countries the Air Force has been used to transfer patients in a similar way. As you say it may weíll be training but I would be surprised if we donít see this asset being used to assist in the fight given itís close proximity to the Excel.
BA318 is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2020, 09:53
  #313 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Oban, Scotland
Posts: 1,635
AIUI the hospital is to provide extra capacity for the London area. I don't think that there are any plans to bring in patients from elsewhere. Staff, maybe.
inOban is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2020, 12:11
  #314 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 2,123
You never know. Italian and French patients are airlifted to German ICUs. There could also be a need to airlift patients from London should hospitals become overwhelmed, given that London is the UK's COVID19 hotspot. Just like the French are airlifting patients from their hotspot in Alsace to hospitals in the south of France.
virginblue is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2020, 16:34
  #315 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Blighty
Posts: 4,592
Airport to suspend commercial + private flights until the end of April
https://www.londoncityairport.com/coronavirus
davidjohnson6 is online now  
Old 25th Mar 2020, 16:55
  #316 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East London
Age: 39
Posts: 314
As far as I can tell they were down to a morning KLM
and an evening BA to IOM, with 1x daily Dundee coming on Sunday.

The BA flight is still on sale all the way through and is the only link between London and IOM. I wonder if this will go to SEN perhaps along with Dundee given the Loganair connection (SEN itself will be down to just an evening Logan to Derry on most days), go into LHR with the rest of BA as I canít imagine an ATR would be too much of an issue there right now, or even pulled altogether.
AirportPlanner1 is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2020, 17:29
  #317 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Hither and Thither
Posts: 575
Well as no NOTAM yet issued, does this mean that it will be kept open and operational for a military invasion?
Red Four is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2020, 17:36
  #318 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Belfast
Posts: 636
I bet its linked to the convention centre being converted to Hospital. Maybe use airport as medevac base perhaps.
Alteagod is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2020, 17:40
  #319 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Earth
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1 View Post
As far as I can tell they were down to a morning KLM
and an evening BA to IOM, with 1x daily Dundee coming on Sunday.

The BA flight is still on sale all the way through and is the only link between London and IOM. I wonder if this will go to SEN perhaps along with Dundee given the Loganair connection (SEN itself will be down to just an evening Logan to Derry on most days), go into LHR with the rest of BA as I canít imagine an ATR would be too much of an issue there right now, or even pulled altogether.
It would be quite a surreal sight to see an ATR landing at a ghostly LHR!
Breathe is offline  
Old 25th Mar 2020, 17:54
  #320 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Milton Keynes
Posts: 995
Will the IOM go to LHR temporarily
22/04 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.