Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Loganair-2

Old 5th Dec 2019, 11:11
  #881 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London
Posts: 522
And the train journey is going to be split soon to aid efficiency....
SealinkBF is offline  
Old 5th Dec 2019, 11:34
  #882 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Cheshire
Posts: 177
Originally Posted by SealinkBF View Post
And the train journey is going to be split soon to aid efficiency....
Thats true bad move for connectivity, although its an hour quicker Norwich-London-Runcorn, than picking up the direct train at Liverpool South Parkway would you believe ! Plus no food / drink available on a 5 hour train trip .
BACsuperVC10 is offline  
Old 5th Dec 2019, 15:39
  #883 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: uk
Posts: 20
Originally Posted by NickBarnes View Post
Most definitely the use of a fuel hungry ERJ on such a short route was the cause of this, honestly wouldn't surprise me if eastern turn up with a J41 and take it on.
Yes, and add on NWI -EXT to the mix as well, recently vacated by Flybe, and you could have good aircraft utilisation. Although that said you might need something bigger than a J41 on the route as the monthly pax figures on this sector, according to CAA, was in the region of 2100 to 2500 per month this past year.
fotheringay is offline  
Old 5th Dec 2019, 17:39
  #884 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East London
Age: 38
Posts: 216
Originally Posted by BACsuperVC10 View Post
I've used the route since the Eastern Airways days on it, its never been that busy a service but handy to have. I have to say of late i've taken the train more, a combination of times don't suit me, fares too expensive compared to rail and ease of travelling from a local railway station. Battling through Manchester T3 in the morning, and being stuck on the M56 to get to the airport in the first place, is quite stressful too.
Could you not have used the train from the airport to avoid the M56? I used the SEN-MAN service a fair bit while that ran, always connecting to the train either to Piccadilly or onwards elsewhere across the north. Very smooth and easy journey.

The last time I used it the NWI flight was next to us and only had low single figures both in and out, so some flights must have been real loss-makers which the ERJ would exacerbate.
AirportPlanner1 is offline  
Old 11th Dec 2019, 21:04
  #885 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 1,402
According to Jethro’s fleet listings, Loganair are adding 2 ATR72-600’s (G-FBXA/B) in January, both aircraft are about 4 years olds and formally operated by BE on behalf of SAS
BAladdy is offline  
Old 11th Dec 2019, 21:07
  #886 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Scotland
Posts: 99
Originally Posted by BAladdy View Post
According to Jethroís fleet listings, Loganair are adding 2 ATR72-600ís (G-FBXA/B) in January, both aircraft are about 4 years olds and formally operated by BE on behalf of SAS
That's more like it! Aside from the government Twotters, are these the youngest a/c they've ever acquired ?
mullac30 is offline  
Old 11th Dec 2019, 21:44
  #887 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 233
Originally Posted by BAladdy View Post
According to Jethro’s fleet listings, Loganair are adding 2 ATR72-600’s (G-FBXA/B) in January, both aircraft are about 4 years olds and formally operated by BE on behalf of SAS
According to Planespotters, they are being leased from Flybe!

Is this perhaps to cover some work on behalf of Flybe (Connect Airways) ?
garry8g is offline  
Old 11th Dec 2019, 21:56
  #888 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Age: 39
Posts: 657
Originally Posted by mullac30 View Post
That's more like it! Aside from the government Twotters, are these the youngest a/c they've ever acquired ?
Not at all, the 146s, J41s and original ATP fleet were all factory fresh, as were a few of the SD360s?
Skipness One Foxtrot is offline  
Old 11th Dec 2019, 22:00
  #889 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 5,643
Weren't the original Islanders/Trislanders new as well?
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 12th Dec 2019, 09:14
  #890 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: London
Age: 39
Posts: 657
Originally Posted by SWBKCB View Post
Weren't the original Islanders/Trislanders new as well?
Indeed, and come to think of it, so was the original Twin Otter fleet.
Skipness One Foxtrot is offline  
Old 12th Dec 2019, 11:50
  #891 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 648
Originally Posted by BAladdy View Post
According to Jethroís fleet listings, Loganair are adding 2 ATR72-600ís (G-FBXA/B) in January, both aircraft are about 4 years olds and formally operated by BE on behalf of SAS

I wonder where they are going to be based and on what routes they will be operating them on.
fjencl is offline  
Old 12th Dec 2019, 14:19
  #892 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: scotland
Posts: 747
Originally Posted by fjencl View Post
I wonder where they are going to be based and on what routes they will be operating them on.
Believe the ATR72ís are for the Shetland services. To Aberdeen and Glasgow.

https://www.shetnews.co.uk/2019/12/1...to-fill-seats/

Last edited by goldeneye; 12th Dec 2019 at 16:16.
goldeneye is offline  
Old 12th Dec 2019, 15:44
  #893 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Edinburgh
Posts: 648
Originally Posted by goldeneye View Post


Believe the ATR72ís are for the Shetland services. To Aberdeen and Glasgow.
Many thanks
fjencl is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2019, 10:06
  #894 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,162
East Midlands

Originally Posted by BAladdy View Post
LM are dropping there GLA-SEN service from 3rd January.
Are we adding East Midlands to Brussels and Inverness to the list?

I assume East Mids was a base and is this also closing based on whether the above is accurate.

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2019, 10:20
  #895 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Europe
Posts: 21
Originally Posted by OltonPete View Post
Are we adding East Midlands to Brussels and Inverness to the list?

I assume East Mids was a base and is this also closing based on whether the above is accurate.

Pete
Ex-BMI was doing ema-bru quite a long time. So it must have been a good route. What are the loadfactors nowadays? I can imagine the closure of this route would be very inconvenient for a lot of ppl.

grts
Enigma01 is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2019, 13:14
  #896 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: LV
Posts: 1,870

Looking good. All window shades down, is the the first for just cargo?
CabinCrewe is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2019, 14:37
  #897 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Scotland
Posts: 99
Originally Posted by CabinCrewe View Post

Looking good. All window shades down, is the the first for just cargo?
This is a cargo variant, the first pax ATR is due next month, and will likely be either G-LMRA or one of the G-FBX* frames.
G-LMRA was recently spotted in full livery in Toulouse:

Last edited by mullac30; 15th Dec 2019 at 16:32.
mullac30 is offline  
Old 15th Dec 2019, 17:09
  #898 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 56
Posts: 3,162
EMA

Originally Posted by Enigma01 View Post


Ex-BMI was doing ema-bru quite a long time. So it must have been a good route. What are the loadfactors nowadays? I can imagine the closure of this route would be very inconvenient for a lot of ppl.

grts
I understand it was not a base but worked from EDI. Aberdeen (when it starts), Glasgow and Edinburgh routes are not affected.

Pete
OltonPete is offline  
Old 16th Dec 2019, 16:14
  #899 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 1,402
EDI to EBJ and HAJ have been added from April
BAladdy is offline  
Old 16th Dec 2019, 19:43
  #900 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: DE74
Age: 46
Posts: 745
Originally Posted by OltonPete View Post
I understand it was not a base but worked from EDI. Aberdeen (when it starts), Glasgow and Edinburgh routes are not affected.

Pete
hi Pete. Sorry if I've miss d a post, I've scrolled back to look, but have LM announced something about BRU or INV?
egnxema is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.