Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Misc. Forums > Airlines, Airports & Routes
Reload this Page >

Aurigny Air Services-2

Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Aurigny Air Services-2

Old 14th Jan 2020, 10:46
  #301 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Channel Islands
Posts: 130
Then surely it would make sense to reduce the schedule rather than keep running up the losses.
GCILover is offline  
Old 14th Jan 2020, 13:59
  #302 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Under Red One
Age: 72
Posts: 173
On a different tack........3 ATR 600s on stand at GCI this pm. Any one know when GORAI was ferried in?
Pete
cobopete is offline  
Old 14th Jan 2020, 14:56
  #303 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Guernsey
Posts: 2
She arrived 18.00 Friday 10th
Flylocal is offline  
Old 14th Jan 2020, 15:16
  #304 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guernsey
Posts: 42
From Flightradar24
10 Jan 2020 Toulouse (TLS) Guernsey (GCI) GR100 Flight time 1:50 departure 5:10 PM
Landed 6:00 PM
kar42 is offline  
Old 14th Jan 2020, 15:52
  #305 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Under Red One
Age: 72
Posts: 173
Thanks for the info. Pete
cobopete is offline  
Old 15th Jan 2020, 08:09
  #306 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Nuweiba
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by cobopete View Post
On a different tack........3 ATR 600s on stand at GCI this pm. Any one know when GORAI was ferried in?
Pete
GORAI ??? OK... I recognise the connections with ATR and GFC.... but RAI ?? The Italian state broadcasting service ???
Nuweiba is offline  
Old 15th Jan 2020, 08:28
  #307 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: This side of Heaven
Posts: 321
Originally Posted by Nuweiba View Post
GORAI ??? OK... I recognise the connections with ATR and GFC.... but RAI ?? The Italian state broadcasting service ???
Guernsey Raiders - rugby team. Hence "Go Raiders"!!
Gurnard is offline  
Old 16th Jan 2020, 08:04
  #308 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guernsey
Posts: 42
Nuweiba

The third new ATR was due to be G-OFOG after an online poll between G-OGFC and G-GRFC according to this article. https://guernseypress.com/news/2019/...med-after-gfc/ . However, there was a fuss about the online voting and multiple identities. The Press search doesn't come up with the articles but as the registration process wasn't too far along to be changed Aurigny decided to go with G-ORAI to support both teams.

We still have to wait and see if the fog-busting tech will work.
kar42 is offline  
Old 16th Jan 2020, 09:01
  #309 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Nuweiba
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by kar42 View Post
Nuweiba

The third new ATR was due to be G-OFOG after an online poll between G-OGFC and G-GRFC according to this article. https://guernseypress.com/news/2019/...med-after-gfc/ . However, there was a fuss about the online voting and multiple identities. The Press search doesn't come up with the articles but as the registration process wasn't too far along to be changed Aurigny decided to go with G-ORAI to support both teams.

We still have to wait and see if the fog-busting tech will work.
Thanks for that...

I see it is now in the local news...

https://gsy.bailiwickexpress.com/gsy.../#.Xh_9M25uJPY

Has Clearvision actually been certified by the CAA ? Some people say yes, but I don't find anything about it on the CAA website.




Nuweiba is offline  
Old 16th Jan 2020, 10:36
  #310 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: UK
Age: 56
Posts: 2,411
Looks like G-ORAI has been on it's first revenue service to LGW this morning.
Wycombe is offline  
Old 16th Jan 2020, 22:03
  #311 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 162
Interested to see on Jethros that G-LERE is to be withdrawn in November. That will bring AURIGNY down to 3 (all new) ATRs, which is fewer than the 4 they had before the new ones arrived.
Hermite is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2020, 07:33
  #312 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Nuweiba
Posts: 55
Originally Posted by Hermite View Post
Interested to see on Jethros that G-LERE is to be withdrawn in November. That will bring AURIGNY down to 3 (all new) ATRs, which is fewer than the 4 they had before the new ones arrived.
But in Jethros, HUET is supposed to stop in Feb 20 though I thought the lease expires in Apr 20 ? And I thought that four ATRs would be used - the three new ones plus the leased LERE.

Always a mystery what the Aurigny aircraft are up to. They seem to be taking quite a few days off here and there, even though NSEY is off on her annual vacation. With the exception being LGIS.

That one seems to be being flogged to death even though she supposedly has only a limited number of flights before she will need to grow a new wing.
Nuweiba is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2020, 08:17
  #313 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: This side of Heaven
Posts: 321
It has been suggested that G-HUET is going to Loganair. As for the Dorniers, the days for G-LGIS are numbered. The States of Guernsey (AFAIK) did not agree that 500k should be spent on refitting it with the wings of G-SAYE. This means that for the summer ahead only two Dorniers (NGs) will be available for all the Alderney-related services.
Gurnard is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2020, 08:52
  #314 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guernsey
Posts: 42
The States of Guernsey (AFAIK) did not agree that 500k should be spent on refitting it with the wings of G-SAYE.
I think the situation is that until the SoG settle the PSO Aurigny itself will not commit the expenditure. The re-wing wouldn't be needed if Aurigny don't continue Alderney services.
kar42 is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2020, 09:59
  #315 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: This side of Heaven
Posts: 321
Originally Posted by kar42 View Post
I think the situation is that until the SoG settle the PSO Aurigny itself will not commit the expenditure. The re-wing wouldn't be needed if Aurigny don't continue Alderney services.
You're right - but how long is it going to take for the PSO to be settled?
Gurnard is offline  
Old 17th Jan 2020, 13:30
  #316 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: a rock near 50 North
Posts: 111
G-LGIS

G-LGIS - Nobody in theri right mind would spend 500,000+ on a almost 40 year old heap, that is very unreliable, and not worth that.

hmmmm, when do they start work on it ?
five zero by ortac is offline  
Old 19th Jan 2020, 16:24
  #317 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Channel Islands
Posts: 130
I noticed that the GR612 & GR613 Gatwick flights were delayed today. Through the day, the scheduled departure and arrivals time got changed on the Guernsey Airport website to make them look like they ran ahead of schedule.......another way to make their on time performance look better I wonder?
GCILover is offline  
Old 19th Jan 2020, 17:06
  #318 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 162
Originally Posted by GCILover View Post
I noticed that the GR612 & GR613 Gatwick flights were delayed today. Through the day, the scheduled departure and arrivals time got changed on the Guernsey Airport website to make them look like they ran ahead of schedule.......another way to make their on time performance look better I wonder?
The flights were certainly late, but changes in scheduled time don't appear in the historical times on the GCI website.

Aurigny 13:00 Gatwick GR612
19/01/2020 13:01: Check In Open ,Go To Departure Lounge
19/01/2020 13:41: Go To Departures
19/01/2020 13:49: Go To Door E , Gate 5
19/01/2020 13:54: Door and Gate Closed
19/01/2020 14:14: Departed 14:13

Aurigny 15:40 Gatwick GR613
19/01/2020 15:46: Expected at 16:25
19/01/2020 16:29: Landed 16:27
Hermite is offline  
Old 19th Jan 2020, 17:12
  #319 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: england
Posts: 121
G-NSEY

ERJ 190 should be back with you guys after leaving NWI this morning 19/1 following replacement engine and maintenance work


sparkie320 is offline  
Old 19th Jan 2020, 17:28
  #320 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Channel Islands
Posts: 130
Originally Posted by Hermite View Post
The flights were certainly late, but changes in scheduled time don't appear in the historical times on the GCI website.

Aurigny 13:00 Gatwick GR612
19/01/2020 13:01: Check In Open ,Go To Departure Lounge
19/01/2020 13:41: Go To Departures
19/01/2020 13:49: Go To Door E , Gate 5
19/01/2020 13:54: Door and Gate Closed
19/01/2020 14:14: Departed 14:13

Aurigny 15:40 Gatwick GR613
19/01/2020 15:46: Expected at 16:25
19/01/2020 16:29: Landed 16:27

i wish I'd taken screenshots. Going on the standard arrivals and departure page it showed GR612 scheduled to depart at 14:15 and the GR613 scheduled to arrive at 17:00
GCILover is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.