Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Dublin-3

Old 15th Apr 2019, 10:33
  #401 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Darkest Surrey
Posts: 5,511
Originally Posted by 2Para View Post
it is called a feeder service, friend.
He can get a bus to Dublin and save money. His choice.
racedo is offline  
Old 15th Apr 2019, 11:01
  #402 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 623
Originally Posted by Fairdealfrank View Post
Think the key word here is "JULY"
pretty sure £900 for a return TATL fare is beyond the fare.
owenc is offline  
Old 15th Apr 2019, 11:02
  #403 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 623
Originally Posted by Dontgothere View Post
Oh pay him no notice lads, same s**t different year.
who’s him? You? Lad.

Last edited by owenc; 15th Apr 2019 at 11:26.
owenc is offline  
Old 17th Apr 2019, 20:59
  #404 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,127
March traffic up 8% to 2.5m

European up 11% to 1.2m
UK up 7% to 861k
Transatlantic up 11% to 285k
M East down 8% to 72k - ET, EY cuts and very poor loads on HU new route.
Domestic up 3% to 8k

Over 6.5m year to date up 8% (460k).

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest...rport-in-march
EI-EIDW is offline  
Old 19th Apr 2019, 09:23
  #405 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Dublin
Age: 29
Posts: 595
Just seen the Hainan Airlines aircraft to Shenzhen fly by my office - any idea how it's doing?
NorthernCounties is offline  
Old 19th Apr 2019, 17:39
  #406 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,127
Originally Posted by NorthernCounties View Post
Just seen the Hainan Airlines aircraft to Shenzhen fly by my office - any idea how it's doing?
Loads are very poor but not a suprise given the sudden announcement. It might pick up over the summer.
EI-EIDW is offline  
Old 19th Apr 2019, 20:08
  #407 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,497
Originally Posted by EI-EIDW View Post


Loads are very poor but not a suprise given the sudden announcement. It might pick up over the summer.
Shenzen is a response to Cathay's Hong Kong increase in frequency. Shenzen is close enough to Hong Kong.

​​​​​​What I understand is that Cathay are doing well from a revenue perspective, with good loads in business too, and Hainan getting soft uptake in business class...
​​​
EI-BUD is offline  
Old 19th Apr 2019, 20:09
  #408 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,497
EY had 787-10 in this morning... good sign, though demand probably higher due Easter.
EI-BUD is offline  
Old 20th Apr 2019, 10:06
  #409 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,127
Originally Posted by EI-BUD View Post
Shenzen is a response to Cathay's Hong Kong increase in frequency. Shenzen is close enough to Hong Kong.

​​​​​​What I understand is that Cathay are doing well from a revenue perspective, with good loads in business too, and Hainan getting soft uptake in business class...
​​​
Not sure Cathay have increased capacity since launch but its going to happen shortly. Shenzen has had 10-30 on some flights.
EI-EIDW is offline  
Old 20th Apr 2019, 17:39
  #410 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Ferrara
Posts: 193
Can anyone explain why? Arrived at Dublin on EI from LHR, parked out near T2. All get off the plane, walk on foot into the (totally empty) terminal, directed left to wards the east end, exit outside again and board a bus which then takes forever to drive right round the airport and drop us off next to the US immigration area - about 300 m from our aircraft.... I mean - why not a bus direct from the plane to the gate???

last time I saw something like that was at Dubai
Asturias56 is offline  
Old 20th Apr 2019, 18:20
  #411 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,127
Originally Posted by Asturias56 View Post
Can anyone explain why? Arrived at Dublin on EI from LHR, parked out near T2. All get off the plane, walk on foot into the (totally empty) terminal, directed left to wards the east end, exit outside again and board a bus which then takes forever to drive right round the airport and drop us off next to the US immigration area - about 300 m from our aircraft.... I mean - why not a bus direct from the plane to the gate???

last time I saw something like that was at Dubai
Because its a shuttle bus service for all flights, its much more effective when there are multiple flights arriving or departing as happens most of the time.
EI-EIDW is offline  
Old 21st Apr 2019, 08:36
  #412 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Ferrara
Posts: 193
Pretty Third World (or Aberdeen) IMHO - this is the 21st Century - buses should be an emergency measure only. The SLF , as usual, come way down the line cp "financial considerations"
Asturias56 is offline  
Old 21st Apr 2019, 09:27
  #413 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,127
Originally Posted by Asturias56 View Post
Pretty Third World (or Aberdeen) IMHO - this is the 21st Century - buses should be an emergency measure only. The SLF , as usual, come way down the line cp "financial considerations"
New pier will replace the facility by Q2 2023.
EI-EIDW is offline  
Old 24th Apr 2019, 18:16
  #414 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: A warm pub
Posts: 1,146
I see ET have secured 5th freedom rights on DUB-MAD. Could be worth doing if the price is right vs IB, EI & FR. A modern widebody with complimentary meals etc.
Una Due Tfc is offline  
Old 25th Apr 2019, 07:10
  #415 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: United kingdom
Posts: 79
Qatar to increase to 11x weekly from 1st of July next summer, all operated by B787-8.
Plane mad 134 is offline  
Old 7th May 2019, 13:36
  #416 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1,127
LH schedule A340-300 on Wednesdays 3rd July-23rd October on the 12.10 to FRA.
EI-EIDW is offline  
Old 7th May 2019, 17:30
  #417 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 117
I have read elsewhere that PEK-DUB/EDI HU service looks like it is for the chop - last flight from PEK 31st August.
sinbad73 is offline  
Old 9th May 2019, 17:04
  #418 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: United kingdom
Posts: 79
Reported on Edinburgh thread that Hainan Beijing service is back on sale.
Plane mad 134 is offline  
Old 20th May 2019, 11:15
  #419 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Antrim
Posts: 1,408
UA EWR

See that UA's EWR service is 787-10 from Thursday. Looking forward to flying on it later this year.
mart901 is offline  
Old 21st May 2019, 09:47
  #420 (permalink)  
840
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Ireland nowadays
Posts: 1,366
The aircraft may be nice, but you'll still be flying with United...
840 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.