Go Back  PPRuNe Forums > Misc. Forums > Airlines, Airports & Routes
Reload this Page >

Belfast City Airport-2

Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Belfast City Airport-2

Old 30th May 2018, 15:58
  #401 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 101
Free poke for every1 lol, nice touch
29Alpha is offline  
Old 31st May 2018, 06:16
  #402 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NI
Posts: 989
Itís with sincere regret that we must advise you that the opening of Carlisle Lake District Airport has been delayed by unforeseen circumstances. A major project to launch air services from a new airport relies not only on the airportís infras
I know it's a press release but the use of 'unforeseen circumstances' annoys me. 'Airport not ready for services' is an entirely foreseeable risk when planning to start from a new facility and should have been managed accordingly.

It probably was, though, but the marketing team just used some trite old meme instead.
El Bunto is offline  
Old 31st May 2018, 22:05
  #403 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: antrim
Age: 58
Posts: 233
virginblue - last time I travelled through Harbour it was wall to wall purple Dash 8s. Even the arrivals board looked 90% FlyBe. But never mind, the award winning marketing department have it all in hand.

Its a pity Flybe never really expanded from Harbour, they have always offered the same old routes year in year out. At one stage when they got the Embraers I thought they were going to try further afield routes but it never happened. I remember going on ski trips on a 146 years ago but I don't even think they do those now? I think all the ski charters moved to Aldergrove after JD left Harbour and took the then marketing director with him. Obviously the airline and travel agency contacts went as well at that stage!

In fairness though, last time I used Aldergrove it was just a row of orange Airbus so I suppose they are in the same boat although again they have certainly grown their customer base over the last year or so. They appear to have a marketing department that can actually close deals! Coupled with a DUP sponsored, soon to be Tourist Board chief as MD..
panpanpanpan is offline  
Old 6th Jun 2018, 16:24
  #404 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Antrim
Posts: 1,407
http://www.airport-world.com/news/general-news/6673-belfast-city-airport-wins-top-award-for-corporate-responsibility.html
mart901 is offline  
Old 6th Jun 2018, 16:26
  #405 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Antrim
Posts: 1,407
Originally Posted by panpanpanpan View Post
virginblue - last time I travelled through Harbour it was wall to wall purple Dash 8s. Even the arrivals board looked 90% FlyBe. But never mind, the award winning marketing department have it all in hand.

Its a pity Flybe never really expanded from Harbour, they have always offered the same old routes year in year out. At one stage when they got the Embraers I thought they were going to try further afield routes but it never happened. I remember going on ski trips on a 146 years ago but I don't even think they do those now? I think all the ski charters moved to Aldergrove after JD left Harbour and took the then marketing director with him. Obviously the airline and travel agency contacts went as well at that stage!

In fairness though, last time I used Aldergrove it was just a row of orange Airbus so I suppose they are in the same boat although again they have certainly grown their customer base over the last year or so. They appear to have a marketing department that can actually close deals! Coupled with a DUP sponsored, soon to be Tourist Board chief as MD..
EI do the ski charters
mart901 is offline  
Old 7th Jun 2018, 17:39
  #406 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Ireland
Posts: 40
How are the Aer Lingus sun routes working out under ASL on the 737, prices are quite steep, is that a good sign or is it discouraging people from flying them?
Paul015 is offline  
Old 7th Jun 2018, 17:43
  #407 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Belfast
Posts: 220
ASL

Fully booked for most of the season. Some chat around airport that EI may extend it a little further into the year both AGP and FAO which is good news.
Alteagod is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2018, 08:28
  #408 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NI
Posts: 989
For Spotter Fun I tried booking an out-and-return back-to-back on the ASL B733 to Faro but oddly the Aer Lingus booking engine doesn't permit it, once you choose one leg it forces the other to 'Unavailable' and you have to go to another day.

I could do two separate transactions though...
El Bunto is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2018, 15:36
  #409 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London
Posts: 250
Originally Posted by El Bunto View Post
For Spotter Fun I tried booking an out-and-return back-to-back on the ASL B733 to Faro but oddly the Aer Lingus booking engine doesn't permit it, once you choose one leg it forces the other to 'Unavailable' and you have to go to another day.

I could do two separate transactions though...
It's a 40 minute turnaround, very unlikely any airline would let you book something like that in one transaction as the chances of you actually getting back on board the aircraft are slim.
Shamrock350 is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2018, 19:49
  #410 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Up There
Posts: 81
Odd that the ASL / EI Med flights are Fully Booked. A very late diverted Malaga - BHD touched down in BFS in the wee small hours a couple of weeks back with 60 passengers onboard (40% load).
OneBellEnd is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2018, 21:24
  #411 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern Ireland
Posts: 2,497
OneBellEnd,
In fairness, you can't make a judgenent on performance based on the load on a AGP BHD/(BFS in this instance) at the start if the schedule when the demand is originating in Belfast, the first week will be soft coming back up ...

EI BUD
EI-BUD is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2018, 22:46
  #412 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by OneBellEnd View Post
Odd that the ASL / EI Med flights are Fully Booked. A very late diverted Malaga - BHD touched down in BFS in the wee small hours a couple of weeks back with 60 passengers onboard (40% load).
Anywhere above 80% to 100% for the next 8-9 weeks. There is a carrier at Belfast with a LF of just over 40% due this week from the Med...
EI-A330-300 is offline  
Old 8th Jun 2018, 23:02
  #413 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: ***
Posts: 5
Originally Posted by OneBellEnd View Post
Odd that the ASL / EI Med flights are Fully Booked. A very late diverted Malaga - BHD touched down in BFS in the wee small hours a couple of weeks back with 60 passengers onboard (40% load).
Also, most of the disrupted passengers in this case were re-routed via DUB.
exchanged_gorilla is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2018, 07:46
  #414 (permalink)  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Up There
Posts: 81
Great to hear EI are doing well on the sun Routes.

Even if cutting capacity across the board, dropping Alicante and Palma mid season, and cutting back on frequency, season length, capacity and product on remaining Faro and Malaga flights, while everyone else is growing, doesn’t necessarily emit the positive whiff of success which they are evidently experiencing.
OneBellEnd is offline  
Old 9th Jun 2018, 10:43
  #415 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by OneBellEnd View Post
Great to hear EI are doing well on the sun Routes.

Even if cutting capacity across the board, dropping Alicante and Palma mid season, and cutting back on frequency, season length, capacity and product on remaining Faro and Malaga flights, while everyone else is growing, doesnít necessarily emit the positive whiff of success which they are evidently experiencing.
Thing with EI is that aircraft are tight and unless you are raking it in they will cut even if viable. There is no question that LS/FR growing capacity has had an impact. ALC/PMI were always weaker routes and more costly to operate..
EI-A330-300 is offline  
Old 10th Jun 2018, 13:59
  #416 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Antrim
Posts: 1,407
Originally Posted by EI-A330-300 View Post
Thing with EI is that aircraft are tight and unless you are raking it in they will cut even if viable. There is no question that LS/FR growing capacity has had an impact. ALC/PMI were always weaker routes and more costly to operate..
Correct me if I'm wrong the sunshine routes have been extended by a week?
mart901 is offline  
Old 10th Jun 2018, 21:41
  #417 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Dublin
Posts: 1
Originally Posted by mart901 View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong the sunshine routes have been extended by a week?
Think you are correct, any longer will likely depend on demand and crew hour limits.
EI-A330-300 is offline  
Old 10th Jun 2018, 22:12
  #418 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Antrim
Posts: 1,407
Originally Posted by EI-A330-300 View Post
Think you are correct, any longer will likely depend on demand and crew hour limits.
In terms of cabin crew I believe ASL were recruiting seasonal BHD based crew and EI were supplying a crew member per flight, plus ASL based some maintenance crew over summer, I'd imagine pilots would be their own existing
mart901 is offline  
Old 11th Jun 2018, 05:31
  #419 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 176
Would EI crew be able to operate on the ASL a/c as it is a 737? As they are trained on A319 and A320. They would have to have a conversion course possibly.
sealink is offline  
Old 11th Jun 2018, 07:03
  #420 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Antrim
Posts: 1,407
Originally Posted by sealink View Post
Would EI crew be able to operate on the ASL a/c as it is a 737? As they are trained on A319 and A320. They would have to have a conversion course possibly.
*cabin crew
mart901 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.