Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Flybe-9

Old 2nd Mar 2019, 09:47
  #1721 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: DORSET
Age: 62
Posts: 42
We have already had Virgin Express - His first lo-co attempt by SRB that was based in BRU - it was truly awful and a disaster.

Virgin Red and Virgin Sun both did not last long...
Virgin Blue, V Australia, and Virgin Pacific Blue are down-under - they now call themselves Virgin Australia, and don't speak to Virgin Atlantic...funny that.
Virgin America gobbled up by Alaska

What gives on Virgin Connect....well let's see
rog747 is offline  
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 10:02
  #1722 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Essex
Posts: 863
I suspect they will use the full Virgin Atlantic name and as caaardiff suggests create as much of the VS feel as possible without the freebies. Make flying more of an experience again, more of an adventure. Stop scoffing everyone, most people only take to the air 2 or 3 times a year and they want to enjoy it.
DC3 Dave is online now  
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 10:04
  #1723 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: East Midlands
Posts: 445
Originally Posted by rog747 View Post
We have already had Virgin Express - His first lo-co attempt by SRB that was based in BRU - it was truly awful and a disaster.

Virgin Red and Virgin Sun both did not last long...
Virgin Blue, V Australia, and Virgin Pacific Blue are down-under - they now call themselves Virgin Australia, and don't speak to Virgin Atlantic...funny that.
Virgin America gobbled up by Alaska

What gives on Virgin Connect....well let's see
As I've said it many times before, using Virgin brand is unnecessary and not "all that". It's not as popular or as loved as some believe. There's no reason the also well known and established Flybe name couldn't continue, just with a closer alignment to Virgin Atlantic and their services where it makes sense. Not only would this keep the well known Flybe name in the regions where the VS name makes no sense, but it also keeps them separate enough to continue with other opportunities and service levels outside the VS/DL group... i.e codeshares, partnerships and contracts.
Cazza_fly is offline  
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 10:17
  #1724 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NI
Posts: 1,012
Ah well, they'll still be JERSEY on the radio...
El Bunto is offline  
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 10:19
  #1725 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 499
Have they not already stated a rebrand will happen under a Virgin name of some sort and BE will disappear. Thought this was old news!
stewyb is online now  
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 10:47
  #1726 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: East Midlands
Posts: 445
Originally Posted by stewyb View Post
Have they not already stated a rebrand will happen under a Virgin name of some sort and BE will disappear. Thought this was old news!
Yes. It's been said that's the plan, though nowhere has anything still been made official as to the actual name or brand yet. So there's no reason not to have a discussion how its not the best idea regardless. I presume they'll be wanting to avoid brand confusion for the summer period.

That in mind, the winter 19/20 schedule was set to be released in the next couple of weeks. I wonder if that will still go ahead anytime soon? Whether the new owners have had chance to be working on it in the background or if extensive work is still to be taken place before it is now released. March 11th was rumoured to be the next milestone in the developments...
.
Cazza_fly is offline  
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 10:49
  #1727 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 4,398
From para 7:

Through the combination of Flybe Limited and Stobart Air, and partnering with VirginAtlantic, Connect Airways intends to continue to operate Flybe Limited as an independent operating carrier with a separate UK AOC under a Virgin brand
https://www.flybe.com/application/fi...e_Document.pdf
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 11:08
  #1728 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: stockport
Posts: 134
So they are saying Virgin colours but Jersey callsign to put in laymans text
chaps1954 is offline  
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 13:19
  #1729 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,965
Originally Posted by jmccrew View Post
the current onboard product is not the same as Virgin Atlantic And doubt they will want to dilute the brand . If it was to be named Vigin Express etc then keeping the current product would be ok . I imagine the product would be in keeping with VS/KLM/AF
Why would that be? Virgin Atlantic currently is a longhaul product only. British Airways' short haul product is buy on board, whereas its long-haul product is not. Not sure why Virgin Atlantic could not do the same product differentiation.
virginblue is offline  
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 13:31
  #1730 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,965
EDIT.......

Last edited by virginblue; 2nd Mar 2019 at 17:21. Reason: Wrong Thread
virginblue is offline  
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 13:42
  #1731 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 811
Originally Posted by Cazza_fly View Post
Yes. It's been said that's the plan, though nowhere has anything still been made official as to the actual name or brand yet. So there's no reason not to have a discussion how its not the best idea regardless. I presume they'll be wanting to avoid brand confusion for the summer period.

That in mind, the winter 19/20 schedule was set to be released in the next couple of weeks. I wonder if that will still go ahead anytime soon? Whether the new owners have had chance to be working on it in the background or if extensive work is still to be taken place before it is now released. March 11th was rumoured to be the next milestone in the developments...
.
I'd have thought that they'd leave winter 19/20 as planned by flybe before and concentrate on rolling out the Virgin brand for summer 2020. I've no doubt they'll have a lot of airports knocking on their doors as well as their own plans to consider. What will be interesting to see is if the Virgin branded ops will be sold via Flybe.com or if more like a franchise be sold through Virgin's website.
PDXCWL45 is online now  
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 13:52
  #1732 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 4,398
What will be interesting to see is if the Virgin branded ops will be sold via Flybe.com or if more like a franchise be sold through Virgin's website.
Is there any indication that the Flybe brand will be retaiined?
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 14:18
  #1733 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Under Red One
Age: 72
Posts: 161
Has been stated will not be retained.
pete
cobopete is offline  
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 17:45
  #1734 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: gatwick
Posts: 102
Originally Posted by virginblue View Post
Why would that be? Virgin Atlantic currently is a longhaul product only. British Airways' short haul product is buy on board, whereas its long-haul product is not. Not sure why Virgin Atlantic could not do the same product differentiation.
itís just a thought as other airlines in the group ie Kl/AF still offer complimentary service on short haul
jmccrew is offline  
Old 2nd Mar 2019, 18:25
  #1735 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 811
Originally Posted by jmccrew View Post

itís just a thought as other airlines in the group ie Kl/AF still offer complimentary service on short haul
But you have to remember that they are different from Flybe in that they mainly serve a one hub type operation with a lot of their passengers connecting onwards onto other flights long haul and short haul. Flybe even if there is more emphasis on MAN and LHR will still be an airline that mostly operates point 2 point regional connectivity. Virgin is too small for them to turn it into a Cityhopper type operation so on many of their routes their competition will still be EZY and FR and BA.
PDXCWL45 is online now  
Old 3rd Mar 2019, 01:25
  #1736 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: EDI, LCY
Posts: 356
Originally Posted by jmccrew View Post
the current onboard product is not the same as Virgin Atlantic
No kidding
ajamieson is offline  
Old 3rd Mar 2019, 03:45
  #1737 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: S.E.Asia
Posts: 1,774
I doubt they will survive even with new branding

A niche unprofitable airline can not be turned in to an Ezy model overnight.

This explains all.

https://www.internationalairportrevi...cost-carriers/
Mike Flynn is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2019, 07:51
  #1738 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Scotland
Age: 29
Posts: 36
ĎDí Day for Flybe - no wonder bookings have completely collapsed!


http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articl...-flybes-future
Weathergirly is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2019, 08:08
  #1739 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 270
Why is it D Day for Flybe? This vote is for Flybe Ltd and its shares. The only thing affected are the shareholders. Flybe the airline technically doesn't exist anymore.
Reversethrustset is offline  
Old 4th Mar 2019, 08:17
  #1740 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 499
Originally Posted by Reversethrustset View Post
Why is it D Day for Flybe? This vote is for Flybe Ltd and its shares. The only thing affected are the shareholders. Flybe the airline technically doesn't exist anymore.
quite right, BE the airline is now in the hands of Connect and will continue as per normal for at least S19 schedule before we see any changes. Todayís vote is effectively agreement for shareholders on the holding company and nothing to do with day to day ops!
stewyb is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.