Airlines, Airports & Routes Topics about airports, routes and airline business.

Flybe-9

Old 13th Feb 2019, 17:32
  #1621 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: scotland
Posts: 712
Originally Posted by tophat27dt View Post
Southend does have its very own catchment area. Please stop sending all new routes to hell hole STN
I donít believe I did say that, I was responding to a comment about opening a STN to MAN. Personally i canít stand STN and avoid it at all costs.

Last edited by goldeneye; 13th Feb 2019 at 17:42.
goldeneye is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 17:32
  #1622 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 18
Flybe

Ema are stopping early morning flights to fly to Glasgow/Edinburgh and possible Amsterdam so if you want spend a FULL day in those cities forget it.
Trev4521 is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 17:34
  #1623 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: London Whipsnade Wildlife Park
Posts: 4,305
£4.5m paid for their Gatwick slots by Vueling!
Buster the Bear is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 17:37
  #1624 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: bishops stortford herts
Posts: 1,304
Obviously no one noticed the "smile" as the header in my alternative thoughts for a MAN service!
southside bobby is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 18:01
  #1625 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northumberland
Posts: 4,398
Originally Posted by southside bobby View Post
Obviously no one noticed the "smile" as the header in my alternative thoughts for a MAN service!
SSB - Hook, line, sinker...
SWBKCB is online now  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 18:39
  #1626 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 18
No effect on the airline Flybe stopping the early morning flights to Glasgow/Edinburgh and possible Amsterdam so no full day sight seeing then
Trev4521 is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 19:06
  #1627 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 144
Originally Posted by Trev4521 View Post
No effect on the airline Flybe stopping the early morning flights to Glasgow/Edinburgh and possible Amsterdam so no full day sight seeing then
When is this happening?

I selected random dates in June and the first 2 flights leave BHX for GLA at 0655 & 0845? ��
sinbad73 is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 19:37
  #1628 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the doghouse (usually)
Posts: 143
When the poster first wrote about the loss of the early morning flights I read it as being from EMA, although Iíve no idea if Flybe operate the routes he mentioned from there.
The Nutts Mutts is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 20:28
  #1629 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: On the road
Posts: 703
I think Trev's been at the sauce......Flybe have no based units at EMA so any flights from EMA will be 2nd sector of the day at best
TartinTon is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 21:20
  #1630 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: East London
Age: 37
Posts: 975
Until such time as the Connect deal goes through any talk of which routes will stay, go or be launched is futile.

That said, I also canít see the viability of a MAN hub unless Virgin significantly upscale their operations. The only way I can realistically see this happen anytime soon is if they also took on Thomas Cook.
AirportPlanner1 is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 21:24
  #1631 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Posts: 925
Absolutely agree AirportPlanner1 on Manchester, there is definitely a Thomas Cook sized hole in the Manchester plan.
toledoashley is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 22:05
  #1632 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: UK
Posts: 1,166
The supposed smiley isnít visible when viewing on mobile. Playground stuff.

I think the posting around services being cut back refers to Edi and Gla to Ema, served by aircraft at the former two bases. Check the schedules for any month in the summer and the cuts are definitely there.
Flightrider is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 22:11
  #1633 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Solihull
Age: 55
Posts: 3,083
EMA

Originally Posted by sinbad73 View Post
When is this happening?

I selected random dates in June and the first 2 flights leave BHX for GLA at 0655 & 0845? ��
The Flybe reduction I believe the poster is referring to, is the East Midlands changes which currently show the early morning Glasgow and Edinburgh services this summer as being removed from the booking engine which appears to be correct.

The effect other than you can't do a days business in the East Midlands from Scotland is that it also affects the Jersey and Amsterdam routes from East Mids.

What I can tell is that Amsterdam remains and is operated by the Edinburgh aircraft but by reducing Glasgow to twice a day the Jersey flight has to change and it appears to be operated by a BHX based aircraft. The knock on effect for BHX is possibly the reduction in Channel Isle services as some days only shows two flights a day compared to three.

I reviewed the BHX schedule for summer 2019 earlier and the second Milan on Tuesday and Wednesday has gone as well as the Channel Isle changes, other changes mentioned on this thread or others is some Isle of Man reductions to Manchester ad Liverpool.

Aircraft utilisation at BHX has been improved with 5 out of the 6 based DH8D's operating 8 sectors per day in the week.

Pete

Last edited by OltonPete; 15th Feb 2019 at 19:45. Reason: clarifying 8 sectors per day
OltonPete is offline  
Old 13th Feb 2019, 22:46
  #1634 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 144
Originally Posted by OltonPete View Post
The Flybe reduction I believe the poster is referring to, is the East Midlands changes which currently show the early morning Glasgow and Edinburgh services this summer as being removed from the booking engine which appears to be correct.

The effect other than you can't do a days business in the East Midlands from Scotland is that it also affects the Jersey and Amsterdam routes from East Mids.

What I can tell is that Amsterdam remains and is operated by the Edinburgh aircraft but by reducing Glasgow to twice a day the Jersey flight has to change and it appears to be operated by a BHX based aircraft. The knock on effect for BHX is possibly the reduction in Channel Isle services as some days only shows two flights a day compared to three.

I reviewed the BHX schedule for summer 2019 earlier and the second Milan on Tuesday and Wednesday has gone as well as the Channel Isle changes, other changes mentioned on this thread or others is some Isle of Man reductions to Manchester ad Liverpool.

Aircraft utilisation at BHX has been improved with 5 out of the 6 based DH8D's operating 8 sectors in the week.

Pete
Thanks/apologies - my misunderstanding.
sinbad73 is offline  
Old 14th Feb 2019, 08:32
  #1635 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 102
Originally Posted by AirportPlanner1 View Post
Until such time as the Connect deal goes through any talk of which routes will stay, go or be launched is futile.

That said, I also canít see the viability of a MAN hub unless Virgin significantly upscale their operations. The only way I can realistically see this happen anytime soon is if they also took on Thomas Cook.
Though it doesn't necessarily take as Thomas Cook airlines acquisition to make it work. VS are aircraft constrained in the immediate sense. Though the 787RR engine issues are slowly loosening and the A332s are sticking around for a little while. While 9 more A332s might be nice, the rest of TC's business probably doesn't fit, they are not strictly necessary to ramp up operations. All VS flights between the UK-US are in a JV with DL. This means if it makes economic sense there are a lot of aircraft in DL metal that could be called upon.
pholling is offline  
Old 14th Feb 2019, 15:31
  #1636 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NI
Posts: 1,012
Bit odd to see Wick - John O'Groats in the destination drop-down from Belfast City today!

Unsurprisingly, selecting it doesn't find any flights
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg
EGAC_EGPC.JPEG (67.9 KB, 15 views)
El Bunto is offline  
Old 14th Feb 2019, 15:52
  #1637 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 812
Originally Posted by El Bunto View Post
Bit odd to see Wick - John O'Groats in the destination drop-down from Belfast City today!

Unsurprisingly, selecting it doesn't find any flights
Unfortunately that happens quite a lot on the Flybe website in my experience .
PDXCWL45 is online now  
Old 14th Feb 2019, 18:57
  #1638 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Somerset
Posts: 74
Originally Posted by OltonPete View Post
The Flybe reduction I believe the poster is referring to, is the East Midlands changes which currently show the early morning Glasgow and Edinburgh services this summer as being removed from the booking engine which appears to be correct.

The effect other than you can't do a days business in the East Midlands from Scotland is that it also affects the Jersey and Amsterdam routes from East Mids.

What I can tell is that Amsterdam remains and is operated by the Edinburgh aircraft but by reducing Glasgow to twice a day the Jersey flight has to change and it appears to be operated by a BHX based aircraft. The knock on effect for BHX is possibly the reduction in Channel Isle services as some days only shows two flights a day compared to three.

I reviewed the BHX schedule for summer 2019 earlier and the second Milan on Tuesday and Wednesday has gone as well as the Channel Isle changes, other changes mentioned on this thread or others is some Isle of Man reductions to Manchester ad Liverpool.

Aircraft utilisation at BHX has been improved with 5 out of the 6 based DH8D's operating 8 sectors in the week.

Pete
8 sectors a week! No wonder they went bust. When I scheduled BA Birmingham the 1-11s were averaging 5 sectors A DAY
Blackfriar is offline  
Old 14th Feb 2019, 19:19
  #1639 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Wales
Posts: 812
Originally Posted by Blackfriar View Post

8 sectors a week! No wonder they went bust. When I scheduled BA Birmingham the 1-11s were averaging 5 sectors A DAY
I'd have thought that was 8 sectors a day in the week with probably 6 on the weekends. Which is what their aircraft at CWL seem to do.
PDXCWL45 is online now  
Old 15th Feb 2019, 10:32
  #1640 (permalink)  
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: London
Posts: 383
Originally Posted by El Bunto View Post
Bit odd to see Wick - John O'Groats in the destination drop-down from Belfast City today!

Unsurprisingly, selecting it doesn't find any flights
That's been there for quite some time, used to utilise the Eastern flight from Aberdeen to Wick, with a BE connection from BHD. Then Eastern have rescheduled their flights so connections currently dont work
SealinkBF is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.